Does knowing it's 'NFR' keep you from buying?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:in marketplace by Kriminal; May 19th, '14, 17:52
Kriminal wrote:Wow, that is a good price. I'd snap it up, but im trying not to buy stuff for a few months.
here in this thread you catch attention by criticizing people who sell their stuff 2nd hand while in another thread a few weeks ago you are a potential buyer of 2nd hand stuff. :dog:

you are good for a laugh not more.. :lol:

do try harder....my criticism is about ppl whose main concern when buying stuff, is if they can sell it later.
i recommend sending your potential sellers a questionary where they have to elucidate the reasons for their buy/sale etc.. ..not that you support such bad behaviour by accident. :lol:

You really are having trouble grasping the point. Still, its to be expected.

you obviously ran out of solid arguments. now you trolling (as expected).
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:you obviously ran out of solid arguments. now you trolling (as expected).
you think he had a solid argument to begin with ?? :uhuhuh:

I've spent relatively so little on software instruments and effects that I don't really care. I think of them more like going out to dinner. Nobody tries to resell the dinner they ate last week :hihi:

I might feel differently if I were buying a lot more stuff, and expensive stuff.

murnau wrote:you obviously ran out of solid arguments. now you trolling (as expected).

I simply made a point that i think its strange to think about selling something before buying it. Ppl seem to find that point offensive.

Kriminal wrote:

I simply made a point that i think its strange to think about selling something before buying it. Ppl seem to find that point offensive.
It is common with cars... people check on the resale value as part of assessing the financial decision.

Kriminal wrote:I simply made a point that i think its strange to think about selling something before buying it. Ppl seem to find that point offensive.
i think your problem is that you don't (want to) understand the motivation behind it. you starting point is only half the story: you forget the different reasons behind. some members have already posted why they don't want to buy NFR.

the point where your argumentation lack is: where do you know the reason behind the decision not to buy NFR? sure, you can't know the reason but you bring on that it's strange (what simply cut out any reasonable circumstances).

in all honesty now you wonder that people find your point of view offensive?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

pdxindy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

It is common with cars... people check on the resale value as part of assessing the financial decision.

Whats the point? When you sell a car, its in the future. Prices change. The condition of car will have changed. There is now way of accurately predicting a future price.

Anyway, i'll leave you to it. :party:

bluedad wrote:No, it doesn't bother me because I practically never sell anything.
I wish i lived by that earlier.

Now I am starting to not care if it's NFR or not because i am thinking.. if it's a tool it's a tool i'll keep it.
:borg:

So much anger and judgment.

It's my money, so it should come as no surprise I'll do what I want with it. If I want to buy a copy of the Vienna Super Package on a whim and never use it, that's for me to decide. If I want to buy 50 fx vsts and sell 45 of them a year later, after experimentally determining what I want, that's for me to decide to. If it doesn't matter what I want, but I lose my job and have to sell my stuff, that's similarly none of your business. And if I want to carefully determine how I spend my money, spend hour and hours of my time carefully reviewing reviews, forum comments, store pricing, and demos, it's my decision to spend that time.

Similarly for anyone here. I don't, outside of raw curiosity, give a rat's ass what you do. It's your business.

For those of you who are curious about my position on NFR software - I try not to buy it because I an philosophically opposed to the death of the right of resale.

For those of you who are curious so you can find another person to throw judgmental crap at, go somewhere else.

In my case knowing it was NFR should have kept me from buying. :lol:

NOT THAT IT WOULD SELL ANYWAY :party:

it depends. it'll certainly be a factor in purchasing decision, but it's never like oh, it's NFR (or iLok, or whatever else) so no deal. if it's under $30, i guess i wouldn't even care.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Ilok is worse for me that NFR, still I wont buy it either way, specially if it's expensive.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Ilok is worse for me that NFR, still I wont buy it either way, specially if it's expensive.
Ditto that!

And this last dongle crap from Peavey has put them on my list of 'never again' also!

(Still trying to get its effects off my system). :x

i didn't have an iLok, then i did, and the world didn't crumble. i attached my Peavey license to my iLok, so wherever iLok goes (which is nowhere, i don't have several music PC's), that's where Revalver goes too. i'm thinking of picking up the Syncrosoft dongle as well, but so far no software has compelled me to do so (even for a demo).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Instruments”