Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillator Virtual Analog Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADSynth, 2X oversampling / undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. Imports and exports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.

Main features
  • Multi-sized GUI (400p, 600p, 800p) including Retina.
  • 32 / 64-bit VST2 / VST3 / Audio Units / Standalone.
  • 128 voice polyphony.
  • 128 Patch Memories per bank.
  • Parameter Morphing using Modulation Wheel or MIDI velocity.
  • 2x oversampling.
  • 2x oversampled distortions.
  • Nord Lead 2 modeled Unison.
  • Nord Lead 2 modeled Zero Delay Feedback filters.
  • Dual / Quad octave key split.
  • Bank browser (by clicking arrows in display led and bank name).
  • More than 5.000 presets in 100 banks (including a percussion one).
  • Nord Lead 2 and 2X patch import and export.
  • 4 Layers per Patch, each with:
    • 2 Oscillators (Sine, Saw, Triangle, PWM, Square, Parabolic, White and Pink Noise) with Ring modulation, Sync and Frequency Modulation.
    • 1 Wave Oscillator. Can load mono, stereo WAV and SoundFont 2 (SF2) files using high quality resampling interpolation.
    • PADsynth re-synthesis. User banks are easily added.
    • Resonant Filters (LowPass, HighPass, BandPass, BandReject, Formant, 8 taps phaser, X 12/24 dB and Y 12/24 dB are Moog modeled).
    • ADSR for Amp & Filter. Amplitude envelope can switch between linear and exponential curves.
    • 2 LFOs.
    • Modulation Envelope.
    • Graphical Modulation Envelope.
    • Arpeggiator.
    • Built-in Chorus, Phaser, Panning Delay and Gate effects.
    • Symmetric, Asymmetric and Asymmetric 2 Distortions.
    • Limiter.
    • Portamento.
    • Poly/Mono/Legato modes.
    MIDI CC control.
Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL36 ... eh4ovd4aZs
Information and demo download: https://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/
Last edited by discoDSP on Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:04 am, edited 24 times in total.

Unison sounds can be heard on our Essentials bank add-on demo composed by Torben Hansen and designed by George Reales. No external samples or effects besides basic EQ was used.

http://www.discodsp.net/mp3/torben_hans ... ntials.mp3

Yay! I've been waiting for this! With unison I now have absolutely zero reasons to miss my Nord Lead 2x!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

What's different about the new unison sonically? Are there any patches that show an A/B?

Nice! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

aMUSEd wrote:What's different about the new unison sonically? Are there any patches that show an A/B?
The new unison is a 1:1 model from the Nord Lead 2/2X. For those not familiar with it, creates 2 detuned voices if POLY mode is selected or 4 with LEGA/MONO mode (there is a beating effect with the later, happening with hardware too). Banks 11 to 45 have been updated so to hear any differences just switch unison off and enable chorus, it's very noticeable.

There's some love to give to NL2/2X owners since banks can be exported to SysEx (successfully tested) with this release. Cheers!

We have updated Discovery Pro to Release 6.4.1.

What's new
  • Double clicking a knob resets to original position.
  • Mod amount now refects mouse values and OCT range correctly.
  • Drop down menu from KeySplit hides after switching presets if it's displayed.
  • Enhanced LCD fonts.
  • Filter Attack MIDI CC changed to 38 (like NL2) on all platforms. 89 remains for FL Studio due compatibility issues.
6.4.1 is a free update for 6.x customers. Updating from Release 5 or earlier costs 29 EUR and until January 31 Discovery (non Pro) owners can cross grade for 59 EUR. All these options are available at discoDSP Members Area.

I would be extremely keen to hear an A/B or comments from users who have had experience with a Nord.

That gorgeous Nord unison is the only thing I miss about that synth. If Discovery can approximate the Nord it's an instant purchase for me :)

I have an A/B requested, it will go live in a week or so.

Been demoing Discovery Pro really liking the sound and nice big clear GUI.
Looks like I just missed the summer sale. I'll try and grab one of those coupon codes when they come along :)
Definitely on my to buy list.

George, I have a bug report and a few feature requests.

The bug is that changing osc 2 waveshape by clicking on the LEDs doesn't work in FL Studio 10 & 11 and Live 8. On osc 1 it works as it should.

For features I'd like to see negative direction for filter envelope amount, a 12 dB bandpass filter and unison voice number, detune and stereo spread controls on the synth panel - having to manually edit a config file to do that is frankly not acceptable in 2014.

Finally does the wave osc not accept single cycle waves? When I imported them, they didn't loop. I didn't see any mention in the manual about accepted formats.
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

jivamukti wrote:George, I have a bug report and a few feature requests.

The bug is that changing osc 2 waveshape by clicking on the LEDs doesn't work in FL Studio 10 & 11 and Live 8. On osc 1 it works as it should.
That bug is fixed. Please make sure you have 6.4.1 installed by going to EDIT > Help.
For features I'd like to see negative direction for filter envelope amount, a 12 dB bandpass filter and unison voice number, detune and stereo spread controls on the synth panel - having to manually edit a config file to do that is frankly not acceptable in 2014.
Unison spread amount will be added on future updates. The config file can be enhanced as well, but keep in mind it's to make copy/paste editing easier. Filter features are not likely to happen.
Finally does the wave osc not accept single cycle waves? When I imported them, they didn't loop. I didn't see any mention in the manual about accepted formats.
They should if loop points are set, but I will add an auto-loop feature for single cycle waveforms to the to-do list.

Cheers,
George.

6.4.2 Release Candidate is ready for registered customers at http://www.discodsp.com/members/

Change log

• Auto-loop for single cycle waveforms with less than 2048 samples.
• Auto-tune for unlooped waveforms.
• Enhanced voice stealing algorithm.
• Wave oscillator .wav fine-tune support.

The new unisio sounds really nice. But eat`s a little bit much cpu :scared:

Cyforce wrote:The new unisio sounds really nice. But eat`s a little bit much cpu :scared:
Well, 64 voices can be handled on single core without issues on this i7 3,4 Ghz, so I don't think it's that much considering the zero-delay feedback filters. You should probably run 128 on a new i7 4 Ghz. Unison makes a single note use 3 voices and shouldn't be worrisome for mono / legato (5 voices with unison).

Return to “Instruments”