Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zxant wrote:
waltercruz wrote:Yes, can't download 6.4 anymore. Maybe I have a backup of it somewhere. Not nice :(

Totally agree!

You check your account and notice something is missing ... (and I purchased it < 3 months ago ...)

Seems like 'legal theft!' :(

As a 'gesture' to his PAYING customers George should change that!

George pointed that the 6.4 download will be available for 8 months :) I will contact him to get my codes working again and making a backup... Or maybe I will upgrade to 6.5, just waiting to see 6.5 features list (but, tbh, Discovery Pro is one of my least used synths, don't know exactly why, not any criticism to it, it's just me).

This is not nice at all.
The whole point of having a user account like the DiscoDSP one is that you can download the installers at any time. Now, if you don't have the 6.4 installer backed up, you are more or less forced to upgrade.
Why not send your customers (like me) a notice that the lastest 6.4 version will be unavailable directly from the account when 6.5 is out?
We would have all downloaded the installer and waited for news on the paid update.
waltercruz wrote:George pointed that the 6.4 download will be available for 8 months :)
No, it has been available for 8 months. It's now gone.
Last edited by Ghostwave on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Carbonflake wrote:
waltercruz wrote:George pointed that the 6.4 download will be available for 8 months :)
No, it has been available for 8 months. It's now gone.
:dog: :o

Carbonflake wrote:This is not nice at all.
The whole point of having a user account like the DiscoDSP one is that you can download the installers at any time. Now, if you don't have the 6.4 installer backed up, you are more or less forced to upgrade.
Why not send your customers (like me) a notice that the lastest 6.4 version will be unavailable directly from the account when 6.5 is out?
We would have all downloaded the installer and waited for news on the paid update.
(...)

Right!

Besides if it's only a 'cosmetic' update, then the upgrade fee is too steep! (Should've kept it like €10,- or so)

It all adds up on top of the initial purchasing price!

Hmm... A little peeved that I now can't access my updates (like everyone else). Would also have been nice to be given some notice.

I guess we will have to wait until Monday to see if it's a decent update.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

George wrote:We have updated Discovery Pro to Release 6.4.6.

6.4.6 is a free update for 6.x customers. Download is available at discoDSP Members Area.
You should fix that post then.. :dog:

It's all or nothing now. I will only pay the update if i have the latest 6.4.6 in my download area again. How's that? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hmm... I think I'm done with discoDSP. First the adherence to the ugly-yet-trendy flat GUI movement, that put me away of Bliss almost instantaneously (I tried it for a couple of days, then when I knew that GUi would be the final one, and not a temp one for beta releasing, I simply gave up). Now, this behaviour of simply removing older version (even before making the new one available), as a way to force customers to upgrade...

Seems like George is too much involved in the iTunes/Apple way of doing things, with their planned obsolescence. I'm out, at least for now
Fernando (FMR)

murnau wrote:
George wrote:We have updated Discovery Pro to Release 6.4.6.

6.4.6 is a free update for 6.x customers. Download is available at discoDSP Members Area.
You should fix that post then.. :dog:

It's all or nothing now. I will only pay the update if i have the latest 6.4.6 in my download area again. How's that? :lol:
Let's boycott the update until 6.4.6 is reinstated - release 6.4.6!

George wrote:Hello, Discovery 6.5 will be officially announced next Monday.

6.4.6 downloads have been available for 8+ months, more than enough to download a backup!
Sorry, but this is weak, and honestly surprising coming from you.

As someone asked earlier, what's the reason for removing the downloads? You send emails frequently to customers. Why couldn't one have given a warning they'd be removed?

To be fair when you login the website does say "Downloads are limited. Remember to backup your files, thanks."

I have kept a backup of everything I purchase online that comes in a digital state. Warnings like this, and the way folks like Air Music handle their downloads, it is a good idea.

That having been said, I too received NO email about an update being available...I read it HERE first! :)

George is a good guy...he organizes and keeps up with the BF sales every year. As he mentioned...CONTACT him via the website. I am sure this can get sorted out.

I bought the update because I believe in supporting the devs, and I see this product getting better. It could use a new skin, heh.

The only thing I really wish for is some stereo patches right out of the box.

Jon

thejonsolo wrote: I bought the update because I believe in supporting the devs, and I see this product getting better. It could use a new skin, heh. Jon
I like to support Devs as well. But I would like to know what I'm paying for, and I'd still like to have access to my old files.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

thejonsolo wrote: The only thing I really wish for is some stereo patches right out of the box.
It's not stereo?

aMUSEd wrote:
thejonsolo wrote: The only thing I really wish for is some stereo patches right out of the box.
It's not stereo?
What he means is that a lot of the factory presets don't use either panned-layers or unison.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Robmobius wrote: I like to support Devs as well. But I would like to know what I'm paying for, and I'd still like to have access to my old files.
Devs do not have to offer a cloud service for all our (old) files. If I pay for a product I keep it at a place where it is save - no matter if Software or Hardware. I mean, cmon dude you paid for it! From recent posts I get the idea "well, it is just software, no need to backup it". This thing cost 140,--. Would you be so careless with a piece of Hardware? Is that amount of money nothing for you? When George told me no download anymore I had to open my old backup database. No big deal, isn´t it? 8)
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote:
Robmobius wrote: I like to support Devs as well. But I would like to know what I'm paying for, and I'd still like to have access to my old files.
Devs do not have to offer a cloud service for all our (old) files. If I pay for a product I keep it at a place where it is save - no matter if Software or Hardware. I mean, cmon dude you paid for it! From recent posts I get the idea "well, it is just software, no need to backup it". This thing cost 140,--. Would you be so careless with a piece of Hardware? Is that amount of money nothing for you? When George told me no download anymore I had to open my old backup database. No big deal, isn´t it? 8)
Again this is fine if people were informed that the files were going to be taken down, but we were not.

Return to “Instruments”