Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
wagtunes wrote:you moron.
If all you can add is insults, it is time you got banned.
And it's time you got off my back already.

I gave the member sound advice. Have a backup plan.

Why?

1) He doesn't know whether or not he has his information for the purchase.

2) He has a project to do that may or may not be time sensitive.

3) He doesn't know when he's going to hear from the developer if he has a problem he can't solve on his own.

4) A license should not just stop working. If it did, there is more going on here than just downloading a new file. My DiscoDSP stuff still works fine. So something more is going on here.

So for offering sound advice, you jump all over my case.

Yeah, that's rich.
Wow, lots of speculation here for my benefit, thanks :D

I don't really know what's going on and why the license isn't working "or is no longer valid". It says to locate the license in the vertigo folder and displays a path. I check the path and the vertigo license is sitting right there :neutral: I can only assume it is no longer valid for whatever reason?

I still have the email George sent me and when I try to log in to the members site it says temporarily closed. He gave me vertigo and corona recently for making the demo song for his latest sound bank for vertigo. I need to edit the song I made to add some drums but I can't even open the song.

Using another synth really isn't an option because the entire song is composed with vertigo :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The only thing I can think of is he gave me a temporary license in case I never finished the song or something... :?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:The only thing I can think of is he gave me a temporary license in case I never finished the song or something... :?
If it is not yet made, here is a suggestion:

1. Uninstall totally the synth (fully, with the Windows tool or with CCleaner or any other of that kind)

2. Check if everything is totally removed (don't forget to rename the folder Document>DiscoDSP>Vertigo to Document>DiscoDSP>VertigoBackup)

3. Clear the cache of your DAW (don't only rescan... do a real "Clear Cache then Rescan" so that even in the DAW nothing remains from Vertigo)

4. Now reinstall Vertigo, drag your license.dat file on its GUI to come back to the normal situation

5. Check if the usability is back too.

6. And if so... now just reinstall your presets (purchased banks or selfmade).

7. Last step, just copy (don't move), so that you carefully keep your backup) the files of your song to the freshly new Document>DiscoDSP>Vertigo.

After having made this experiment, are the things back to normal?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Of course we can hope that this is just a temporary "Fu*k this shit" situation. In a week or two George comes back, rested, filled with energy and opens everything up.

Hmm. I dunno.

We all know the Camel Audio story. Similar list of events. We had been promised Alchemy 2 shortly and got handed a stick.

But things happen. I hope George is good.

If he sold out...well good for him. But it would be nice to know one way or the other.

George?

The AlgoMusic team lost one member to death, another to a stroke,
and the third to family crisis (as far as we know). The hardest of times.
Hope George is OK, recovering, surviving, looking to the future etc
Cheers

Yeah. And i don't think anyone would even mind, if the text on his site would read "(Temporarily) closed for personal reasons". The way it is now, it could be anything, from serious illness to having run with the money (i don't think anyone really believes that his business could have been bought by anyone, let alone Apple, that's just out of this world unrealistic). Very bad.

chk071 wrote: Where is the customer relationship here? Non-existant.
You're not a customer of George's so why don't you just sit down and shut up.

It's not like he took your money and "ran off". Let's see what "Temporary" means before we crucify a long standing member.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Touch The Universe wrote:I just found about his site. My vertigo license suddenly expired and I can't seem to contact him for a new, working license. Hope I can get in touch with him so, I need it for a project :(
I had the same problem with Vertigo 3.6 a couple of months ago. After many weeks of increasing frustration George finally contacted me and told me to roll in installation back to 3.5. On my machine the license works fine with 3.5 but for some unexplainable reason expires after some time with the 3.6 version.

Edit: I'm on a Mac fyi.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Teksonik wrote:
chk071 wrote: Where is the customer relationship here? Non-existant.
You're not a customer of George's so why don't you just sit down and shut up.

It's not like he took your money and "ran off". Let's see what "Temporary" means before we crucify a long standing member.

Well, I am a customer of George and the only thing I care about, ultimately, is that he's okay. Beyond that, yeah, it would be kind of nice to know what the heck is going on.

Logically, that he had enough presence to put "temporary" on the site, leads me to believe that at some point he is either...

1) Going to return with or without an explanation of what happened.

2) Shut down for good.

If nothing else, at some point, the domain will expire, somebody will grab it or it will end up parked with those stupid "buy this domain" graphics and stuff.

But this particular situation can't go on forever. Eventually, something has to happen.

If Touch The Universe has the same problem I had, that does not help. I moved my entire setup to a completely new system. Vanilla setup, everything installed fresh, license file recovered from the original email from George. And Vertigo still complained that the license file was invalid. Only reverting back to version 3.5 helped.
BlackWinny wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:The only thing I can think of is he gave me a temporary license in case I never finished the song or something... :?
If it is not yet made, here is a suggestion:

1. Uninstall totally the synth (fully, with the Windows tool or with CCleaner or any other of that kind)

2. Check if everything is totally removed (don't forget to rename the folder Document>DiscoDSP>Vertigo to Document>DiscoDSP>VertigoBackup)

3. Clear the cache of your DAW (don't only rescan... do a real "Clear Cache then Rescan" so that even in the DAW nothing remains from Vertigo)

4. Now reinstall Vertigo, drag your license.dat file on its GUI to come back to the normal situation

5. Check if the usability is back too.

6. And if so... now just reinstall your presets (purchased banks or selfmade).

7. Last step, just copy (don't move), so that you carefully keep your backup) the files of your song to the freshly new Document>DiscoDSP>Vertigo.

After having made this experiment, are the things back to normal?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

chk071 wrote: even if you're on your deathbed with cancer (which i of course don't hope to be the case), you can ALWAYS ask someone if he can't get an official statement out on your behalf.

Because that is clearly what is on the mind of someone dying of cancer...Are you freakin' serious you heartless, self-centred knob? :x

mgw38 wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:I just found about his site. My vertigo license suddenly expired and I can't seem to contact him for a new, working license. Hope I can get in touch with him so, I need it for a project :(
I had the same problem with Vertigo 3.6 a couple of months ago. After many weeks of increasing frustration George finally contacted me and told me to roll in installation back to 3.5. On my machine the license works fine with 3.5 but for some unexplainable reason expires after some time with the 3.6 version.

Edit: I'm on a Mac fyi.
Crap - same thing has just happened to me - 'license not present or invalid' error message, it is in the right location. Not sure I have the older installer still.

So looking at my backup drive, I have 3.6.2 (current version) and a 3.5 installer. Was 3.5 the last version before 3.6.2?

I appear to have 3.6.0 installed (and the installer in my installer archive, which has a date of 4/10/15) and which still seems to work with the license file. I wasn't aware of a 3.6.2.

Return to “Instruments”