Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
tonymax
KVRist

115 posts since 1 Dec, 2013, from UK

Postby tonymax; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:21 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

damn, i love the sound of this synth, but with 2 kids, 1 just born, cannot afford for a very long time :-(, only 1 kidney left to sell as well...

Tony
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

9475 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:22 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

tonymax wrote:damn, i love the sound of this synth, but with 2 kids, 1 just born, cannot afford for a very long time :-(, only 1 kidney left to sell as well...

Tony

Two kids to sell though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
tonymax
KVRist

Postby tonymax; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

give em a couple of years then its off to the mines to pay for my GAS...
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

tonymax wrote:give em a couple of years then its off to the mines to pay for my GAS...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
discoDSP
KVRAF

3537 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

:D Would you guys consider getting it if it were available with a subscription model? Let's say $9/month for 1 year.
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:33 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

discoDSP wrote::D Would you guys consider getting it if it were available with a subscription model? Let's say $9/month for 1 year.

A rent to own model like Serum via Splice?

That's how I have Serum and it's just the perfect plan.

So yes, definitely. I do already have it though, just need the Pro upgrade 8)
tonymax
KVRist

Postby tonymax; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

like the idea, sadly can't commit due to the kids, they come first... :-)
discoDSP
KVRAF

Postby discoDSP; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Mushy Mushy wrote:A rent to own model like Serum via Splice?

Splice or any other company with a subscription API yes.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:20 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

discoDSP wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:A rent to own model like Serum via Splice?

Splice or any other company with a subscription API yes.

Excellent. It's such a brilliant idea.
discoDSP
KVRAF

Postby discoDSP; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:21 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Ok, let's add that to the to-do list then. It will be a major feature thought.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3478 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:25 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
mabian
KVRAF

1778 posts since 9 Jan, 2005

Postby mabian; Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

BlackWinny wrote:Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.

Right, agreed; I prefer to buy it and use it whenever I wish without having to renew a subscription.
Of course the sub would be useful for who wants to use it occasionally, but that's not my case..

- Mario
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:20 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

mabian wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.

Right, agreed; I prefer to buy it and use it whenever I wish without having to renew a subscription.
Of course the sub would be useful for who wants to use it occasionally, but that's not my case..

- Mario

Just to be clear, we're talking about a rent to buy model.

At the end of the 12 month period of renting Serum I will own it. The same will apply here.

It's essentially interest free financing for plugins.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3478 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:44 pm Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Mushy Mushy wrote:
mabian wrote:

- Mario

Just to be clear, we're talking about a rent to buy model.

At the end of the 12 month period of renting Serum I will own it. The same will apply here.

It's essentially interest free financing for plugins.

Yes, yes, it's a kind of leasing in fact. It was understood.
:)

If I remember correctly Roland offers also this method to purchase their plug-outs on Roland cloud. What I was pointing was simply that it is a good solution offered as choice "in addition" to the current one (the common one) as long as it is not a pure replacement of the common one.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
DJBuddhaBear
KVRist

182 posts since 13 Dec, 2014

Postby DJBuddhaBear; Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 pm Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

discoDSP wrote:Ok, let's add that to the to-do list then. It will be a major feature thought.

This would be awesome! I have held off on Discovery Pro as well due to a bit too high of an upfront price point. One year of $9.00 a month payments through Splice would definitely make it work for me. Thanks.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments