Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
tonymax
KVRist
 
121 posts since 1 Dec, 2013, from UK

Postby tonymax; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:21 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

damn, i love the sound of this synth, but with 2 kids, 1 just born, cannot afford for a very long time :-(, only 1 kidney left to sell as well...

Tony
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
9757 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:22 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

tonymax wrote:damn, i love the sound of this synth, but with 2 kids, 1 just born, cannot afford for a very long time :-(, only 1 kidney left to sell as well...

Tony

Two kids to sell though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
tonymax
KVRist
 
121 posts since 1 Dec, 2013, from UK

Postby tonymax; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

give em a couple of years then its off to the mines to pay for my GAS...
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
9757 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

tonymax wrote:give em a couple of years then its off to the mines to pay for my GAS...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
discoDSP
KVRAF
 
3609 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

:D Would you guys consider getting it if it were available with a subscription model? Let's say $9/month for 1 year.
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
9757 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:33 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

discoDSP wrote::D Would you guys consider getting it if it were available with a subscription model? Let's say $9/month for 1 year.

A rent to own model like Serum via Splice?

That's how I have Serum and it's just the perfect plan.

So yes, definitely. I do already have it though, just need the Pro upgrade 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
tonymax
KVRist
 
121 posts since 1 Dec, 2013, from UK

Postby tonymax; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

like the idea, sadly can't commit due to the kids, they come first... :-)
User avatar
discoDSP
KVRAF
 
3609 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Mushy Mushy wrote:A rent to own model like Serum via Splice?

Splice or any other company with a subscription API yes.
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
9757 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:20 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

discoDSP wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:A rent to own model like Serum via Splice?

Splice or any other company with a subscription API yes.

Excellent. It's such a brilliant idea.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
discoDSP
KVRAF
 
3609 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:21 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Ok, let's add that to the to-do list then. It will be a major feature thought.
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:25 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.
Image
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
mabian
KVRAF
 
1588 posts since 9 Jan, 2005

Postby mabian; Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

BlackWinny wrote:Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.
Image


Right, agreed; I prefer to buy it and use it whenever I wish without having to renew a subscription.
Of course the sub would be useful for who wants to use it occasionally, but that's not my case..

- Mario
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
9757 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:20 am Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

mabian wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.
Image


Right, agreed; I prefer to buy it and use it whenever I wish without having to renew a subscription.
Of course the sub would be useful for who wants to use it occasionally, but that's not my case..

- Mario

Just to be clear, we're talking about a rent to buy model.

At the end of the 12 month period of renting Serum I will own it. The same will apply here.

It's essentially interest free financing for plugins.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:44 pm Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

Mushy Mushy wrote:
mabian wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Please George, keep also the ability to purchase a product as it is done currently. I understand that a subscription model is a nice way for many people, but for me it is not... because I live only on a disability pension. So I prefer to fully purchase a product only once when my wallet is full enough to get it at its sale price.
Image


Right, agreed; I prefer to buy it and use it whenever I wish without having to renew a subscription.
Of course the sub would be useful for who wants to use it occasionally, but that's not my case..

- Mario

Just to be clear, we're talking about a rent to buy model.

At the end of the 12 month period of renting Serum I will own it. The same will apply here.

It's essentially interest free financing for plugins.

Yes, yes, it's a kind of leasing in fact. It was understood.
:)

If I remember correctly Roland offers also this method to purchase their plug-outs on Roland cloud. What I was pointing was simply that it is a good solution offered as choice "in addition" to the current one (the common one) as long as it is not a pure replacement of the common one.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
User avatar
DJBuddhaBear
KVRist
 
183 posts since 13 Dec, 2014

Postby DJBuddhaBear; Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 pm Re: discoDSP Discovery Pro synth 6.6

discoDSP wrote:Ok, let's add that to the to-do list then. It will be a major feature thought.


This would be awesome! I have held off on Discovery Pro as well due to a bit too high of an upfront price point. One year of $9.00 a month payments through Splice would definitely make it work for me. Thanks.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments