Suger Bytes releases Egoist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Egoist

Was this originally an ipad app? Looks like it. Bummed there are no individual outs, other than that I've been having fun mangling some breaks.

mcnelson wrote:
awol9000 wrote:...but $99 is a nice price.
It is - much nicer than 99 euros / $135.

Stupid EU taxes :(
You guys do get the short end of the stick. :(

Numanoid wrote:
solar28 wrote:That's the bug elassi. The keyboard icon is pressed. And if you "click" the key it plays the slice. If you play the same key on your midi keyboard, it both plays the slice AND switches the pattern.
Would it be possible to set up the plug so that input from the midi keyboard is on a different midi-channel?
Nah -- tried it and it Egoist only receives on channel 1. Thanks though.

solar28 wrote:Careful -- Sugar Bytes is usually pretty solid but I feel gimped after buying this. Should have waited for patches.

1 - Bug: Egoist doesn't sync w/ your host. It's tempo matches, but unlike every other sequencer plugin on the market -- it doesn't start/stop in sync with host. Only to it's own play button. This means it's useless to play/slice loops in time with your sequencer.
seems like they are not going to fix it soon, if i understood their answer in the sugar bytes sub forum right.
Finally!

Sounds cool. Like the FX sequencer built-in.

cyphersuit wrote:
solar28 wrote:Careful -- Sugar Bytes is usually pretty solid but I feel gimped after buying this. Should have waited for patches.

1 - Bug: Egoist doesn't sync w/ your host. It's tempo matches, but unlike every other sequencer plugin on the market -- it doesn't start/stop in sync with host. Only to it's own play button. This means it's useless to play/slice loops in time with your sequencer.
seems like they are not going to fix it soon, if i understood their answer in the sugar bytes sub forum right.
Well, 1.0.1 is out with DAW sync added so you were a bit off target on that prediction. ;-)

Well now they'll get my money...
Finally!

I wish they had proper velocity control on each drum hit.....The attenuation reduction isn't enough imo.

Bounce track in place isn't working with egoist in Logic 9.1.8........Could someone test this out? I am considering buying it, but not if that feature isn't working properly...I'm running the demo so I'm not sure if that might be one of the limitations...

Thanks

Ok, please excuse my lack of understanding, but how do you bounce anything to audio with this plugin? I can't bounce track in place, nor can I do a master bouce in logic. I can't even route a egoist software instrument track to audio...Don't know what I'm missing here.

Raddler1 wrote:Ok, please excuse my lack of understanding, but how do you bounce anything to audio with this plugin? I can't bounce track in place, nor can I do a master bouce in logic. I can't even route a egoist software instrument track to audio...Don't know what I'm missing here.
I can bounce to audio in Studio One as one would normally do, maybe it's a Logic specific issue .
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

From what I have seen so far I am very impressed. It seems to have the best parts of LiveSlice and Geist. A deeper feature set compared to LiveSlice and a better UI than Liveslice or Geist.

1. Song Composition

2. FX

3. Built in Bass Module

Geist...

1. Much better UI. Far more Accessible IMO and legible.

2. Less complexity IMO with a nice set of features that make it easier to master.

3. Bass Module (this is no big deal for anyone with thier own Bass synth of choice but It sure does help when composing within the Vsti. Decent sound as well.

http://youtu.be/oWWXS1Omwqc

The UI for me is a masterclass in design. Very impressed with this thing.

Got this for a very low price at jrr today.
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Got this for a very low price at jrr today.
Is there some kind of sale, looks like standard price to me on Jrr.... :?:

Put it in the basket for the special price ;)
Finally!

Return to “Instruments”