One-Synth-Challenge #65: TAL BassLine (Results are in!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-BassLine TAL-BassLine-101

Voting Results are here!!!

Welcome to the 65th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Check out this months beauties - BassLine and BassLine-101!!!! by TAL:

Commercial TAL BassLine-101

Downloads
TAL-BassLine-101
TAL-BassLine

PRIZES:
Member Donations : 1 Soundcloud Pro Account (FULL YEAR), OR $100 USD Dollars cash prize :)

TAL : 1 copy of either TAL-BassLine-101 or TAL-U-NO-LX (AND Kimik Soundset comes with your choice!

JRR Shop : 1 plugin choice of either UVI: Mello, or Digital Synsations; Sonivox: Pulse, Vocalizer, Wobble or Twist

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster Factory

Wusik : Wusik 4000

Balance Mastering : One song of your choosing professionally mastered

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either DIVA, Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : The Serpent, a sound library for NI Massive

Ghostwave Audio : 2 Soundsets of choice

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by bjporter on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 16 times in total.

... shakes off dust from fighting with Swierk trees ...

That GUI for the free bassline is pretty small on Mac, at least. :)

I made this for you guys if you want to share something meme like...

Cool. Deceptively flexible synth. 8)

what is "chunes" ? :?

artao wrote:Cool. Deceptively flexible synth. 8)

what is "chunes" ? :?
A tune

chune = tune...

I'll update the photo chop later to make it 'tunes' and add a blurb about prizes to the bottom

Its 'choons' actually....

Kriminal wrote:Its 'choons' actually....
... really, it's choonz :)

Kriminal wrote:Its 'choons' actually....
http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/09 ... ed-in.html

Maybe we should do a google trends search on the various ways of spelling hehe... and use the most popular. Tune is best though :D

Getting my shoes all tied up here... ready to do a synth hike:

TO-GU! TO-GU! TO-GU!

Well, this kinda sucks. :\
Bassline 101 doesn't remember what preset you were using when you reload a project. At least, not in Reaper.
I don't suppose there's a workaround for this?

artao wrote:Well, this kinda sucks. :\
Bassline 101 doesn't remember what preset you were using when you reload a project. At least, not in Reaper.
The *Trial Version* Does not... you can buy it though :)

I actually bought TAL-UNO-LX for last month's tal challenge, its worth it :)

bjporter wrote:
artao wrote:Well, this kinda sucks. :\
The *Trial Version* Does not... you can buy it though :)

I actually bought TAL-UNO-LX for last month's tal challenge, its worth it :)
Right, or just use the free original TAL Bassline. And, I bought UNO-LX, too, for the previous challenge. It was a nice synth to use. Will see about this one; I don't much like the smallness of the free version... and I've resigned to use Bitwig for the challenge this month but it has a serious deficiency preventing the piz midiPolyphony plugin from working: it doesn't support multiple MIDI channels (!) and rechannelizes everything to 1... *sigh*

TAL PRIZE HAS BEEN ADDED ... LIFTOFF :party:

You can pick either this:

or this:

I also tried Bassline 101 and saw that my DAW (Cubase) cannot save the sounds with the project. It seems this is prevented by the synth. Afterwards I tried to copie the sounds from the 101 to the freebie. I failed on most sounds.

So for me this is not a question of polyphony or not, or arpegiator or not. Those are two different synths regarding sounds. The freebie is by far much more limited. To allow to use both is hard to understand for me.

It would be a tough challange to use only the free version. The 101 is for sure a nice synth. But I am not willing to buy it, just to use it in this OSC. I think it was a good tradition in the past to use only freeware or a demo version, which is fully working for a certain time or has some functions less than the full version. But to allow fully commercial synths will keep a lot of people from joining the OSC!

So I am not sure if I will do a track for this month OSC.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Return to “Instruments”