One-Synth-Challenge #65: TAL BassLine (Results are in!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-BassLine TAL-BassLine-101

wow.. full bucket of cash.. looks like more than 100.. haha. Good luck guys. Are there lot of presets floating around for the free version? I checked and found only a handful.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

https://soundcloud.com/bblunt-productio ... l-bassline

KVR OSC TAL-Bassline

Synth: TAL-Bassline (x40)

Title: Tall Up

All factory presets

DAW: Reaper v4.7/x64

Effects: ReaComp, ReaXcomp, ReaGate, MEqualizer, JS:SStillwell/eventhorizon2, ReaEQ, JS: LOSER/StereoField, JS: LOSER/waveShapingDstr, JS: Liteon/bassmanager, NightShine Compressor, JS: SstillWell/4x4, PanCake2, MBand Pass, Classic Reverb, KarmaFX Reverb, TAL Dub Delay, Twin Delay, Voxengo SPAN, Aradaz Maximizer5, Terry West CS12m, Tessla SE.

Thanks!

64-bit Reaper, I also have delay when I tried to use VOPM for a different song and I'm thinking these are 32-bit plugins. But I thought Reaper bridged them to make them run normally so I don't know what the issue is...

Guitarmatt21 wrote:64-bit Reaper, I also have delay when I tried to use VOPM for a different song and I'm thinking these are 32-bit plugins. But I thought Reaper bridged them to make them run normally so I don't know what the issue is...
Oh man I've tried to reply to this like 4 times now but this phone....
Anyway, reaper on Mac is not as awesome a reaper on windows. Maybe the bridging between bitness is an issue. You could try 32 bit reaper, which would keep everything in process and probably wouldn't have that issue.

Will it run on 64-bit OSX? And can I have both versions of Reaper on my computer at once? If so I guess I can have a ghetto version for my ghetto plugins

Guitarmatt21 wrote:Will it run on 64-bit OSX? And can I have both versions of Reaper on my computer at once? If so I guess I can have a ghetto version for my ghetto plugins
Yep, it definitely works fine. I'm pretty sure also that installing 2 versions is quite easy, you just hafta set up the other version separately. Note that I'm pretty sure the 32-bit version of reaper will even bridge 64-bit plugs... The more I use other programs, the more I almost like reaper the best... almost... (just: better frikkin' midi please and better plug routing) :-P

Was having a little play with the simple tal-bassline, quite a nice little limited synth :wheee:

https://soundcloud.com/chilled-panda/ta ... k-drumtest

... weird double posting :hyper:

z.prime wrote:
Guitarmatt21 wrote:Will it run on 64-bit OSX? And can I have both versions of Reaper on my computer at once? If so I guess I can have a ghetto version for my ghetto plugins
Yep, it definitely works fine. I'm pretty sure also that installing 2 versions is quite easy, you just hafta set up the other version separately. Note that I'm pretty sure the 32-bit version of reaper will even bridge 64-bit plugs... The more I use other programs, the more I almost like reaper the best... almost... (just: better frikkin' midi please and better plug routing) :-P
+1 love reaper, hate it's midi interface.

chilledpanda wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Side note: I just installed Reaper 4.7 on Mac. HALLELUJAH! They fixed the drawing stuff awesomely! When I did the VOPM track last month on Mac, it got dreadfully slow drawing the GUI. I loaded up the project in Reaper 4.7 and it's crazy fast! Thanks Reaper devs! You guys are awesome (in case you ever read this)!

z.prime wrote:
chilledpanda wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Side note: I just installed Reaper 4.7 on Mac. HALLELUJAH! They fixed the drawing stuff awesomely! When I did the VOPM track last month on Mac, it got dreadfully slow drawing the GUI. I loaded up the project in Reaper 4.7 and it's crazy fast! Thanks Reaper devs! You guys are awesome (in case you ever read this)!
:tu: that's another, that they are fairly regular with updates, must average at least once a month.

psmacmur wrote:So given that the 101 was arguably the synth of Goa, I'm sitting hear studying up listening to some tunes from literally a cat's lifetime ago and wondering how far I can turn up TAL Tube before getting a DQ? Y'all'd recognize a 101 sound that was pounded hard through a tube amp sim, right?
So Saturation/Filters on top of the sounds are allowed then, provided you don't modulate them or completely destroy the sound? What about Resonators (they don't pitch shifts, just add pitches, right? I'm assuming it's a no though) and auto-pan? (it modulates the panning?) Can I use the effects that come w/ Live 9 Suite as opposed to standard?

Sorry, this is the first time I'm actually able to participate since I do 64-bit only and haven't come across a 64-bit synth contest since joining. I also couldn't figure out a way to search only the 120-some page thread on the contest.

https://soundcloud.com/fairplay/fairplay-sto-1-step

19 x TAL-Bassline
18 x ReaEQ
8 x ReaDelay
7 x ReaComp
2 x ReaVerbate
1 x ReaGate
1 x TAL Reverb II
1 x ReaJS Utility/limiter
1 x ReaJS Witti/Effects/bass_boost

"Sto" means 100 in Russian

REAPER project -- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzx_v4a ... jJ1SWkzOWM

ImNotDedYet wrote:So Saturation/Filters on top of the sounds are allowed then, provided you don't modulate them or completely destroy the sound? What about Resonators (they don't pitch shifts, just add pitches, right? I'm assuming it's a no though) and auto-pan? (it modulates the panning?) Can I use the effects that come w/ Live 9 Suite as opposed to standard?
Yes, effects in Live 9 suite are fine as long as they meet the rest of the rules.

Auto-pan is fine. Automating a panning envelope is fine, too.

Resonators would probably fall into the not allowed category, as they are basically adding sound that didn't really exist before as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm missing something about how they work...

Saturation/filters are allowed as they are essentially distortion/eq. You can modulate/automate the parameters.

The modulation thing is about chorus style effects that modulate the pitch, which the synth may not be able to do (I am still personally pretty dubious about this rule, anyway).

Thx z.prime!

Return to “Instruments”