Synth1 ver1.13 beta3 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Doc Brown wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I don't know about anyone else but I keep coming back to synth 1 time and time again.

I dont. Its easily surpassed by everything i already own. Sure, its a decent enough simple synth, and its free, but its not something i go.
I think you're in the minority. :wink:

Duly noted though. More for me. :tu:
Yes.

There are with Synth1 many things that can easily be done with many other synths...

... but there are also many things that can't be as easily with other synths as with Synth1.

And just for that, I really love it! Because it take a seat apart in my gear, being able to do certains things in a few minutes that would take hours with other synths!

It is probable that all the things which can be done with Synth1 can also be done with a good panel of other synths... but one thing is sure, it is that some of these things are far easier to reach with it than with my other synths. So I love it!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

okay, so apparently support has two meanings. This looks like a support forum, not a link to a paypal haha http://synth1.bbs.coocan.jp/?m=listtitle

Synth 1 is absolutely huge when you stack multiple instances of it on crazy amounts of tracks because of it's ultra low cpu hit vs. "great sound" performance. It gave the lowest cpu measurement using Reaper's accurate cpu readings, on a test i did comparing it to every other synths I own. Too many to list here.

It's a slow machines best friend and a new machines ultra stacking wonder.

I love the always free preset collection. Even BigTone jumped on board and offers a very nice sound bank.

The un-official Synth 1 site was amazing! Can't believe it vanished before I even had a chance to really use it. It provided an easy path to all the best presets and so much more. The dude obviously spent a lot of time on. Sure hope he figures out a way to bring it back!

Tried the new Mac AU version in Logic and it wouldn't load because of some simple code error but i'm sure it could be easily be worked out. No biggie, I use VSTs in Cubase 7.5 on mac but Logic users are going to want this updated soon.

My only wish would be to add third oscillator to it ,support for wavetable oscillators kinda like sq8l and built in reeverb

bwwd, if you're the same guy... thank you for your synth1 banks!

Chris-S wrote:Hi,
don't understand exactly what is meant by:

Accuracy of the square wave has been improved. (8 multiple detune of osc1 are excluded)

Chris
it means that he improved the single square waves osc´s, but he did not improve the square waves that are used within the multi osc. For a better understanding:
when engaging the detune parameter on osc 1 other than value 0 (detune off), there´s a special algorithm that essesntially sounds like the waveforms are multiple played and being detuned, according to the detune parameter value (just like a supersaw, but on osc 1 every waveform can do that). in reality there´s a special, completely different algorithm that engages another code block as soon as you have another value than 0 on the detune parameter, which has nothing to do with stacking and detuning the waveforms that are heard when using only a single waveform (heard when detune is not used).
so, whenever this code block is engaged, i.e. detune is other than 0, these square waveforms are not "improved". all others however are improved.

hope i was clear...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I wish there were different skins for this synth, I find dialing in the knobs are tedious because you have to click the knob, dial in and then click the gui to stop dialing in, I have presets for synth1 I made in vanguard and then recreated with synth1 and not much of a difference in the sound of the presets I made, I wish you can import syx without the synth1 tools, this synth is the best freeware given synth since it started as free, but I like how the brass init bank sounds and modifying that from that brass patch is the best way to make presets for this synth, I haven't tried this version yet, but I can't figure out how to convert my fxp sounds to sy1 files to make a bank, any ideas.

brok landers wrote: so, whenever this code block is engaged, i.e. detune is other than 0, these square waveforms are not "improved". all others however are improved.

hope i was clear...
Thank you, this also explains why a single saw with unison sounds different to a detuned saw without unison.

syntheticillusion wrote:I wish there were different skins for this synth, I find dialing in the knobs are tedious because you have to click the knob, dial in and then click the gui to stop dialing in, I have presets for synth1 I made in vanguard and then recreated with synth1 and not much of a difference in the sound of the presets I made, I wish you can import syx without the synth1 tools, this synth is the best freeware given synth since it started as free, but I like how the brass init bank sounds and modifying that from that brass patch is the best way to make presets for this synth, I haven't tried this version yet, but I can't figure out how to convert my fxp sounds to sy1 files to make a bank, any ideas.
I am not sure I understand you. How did you save your Synth1 patches in fxp format in the first place? You might use a DAW like Mulab, which can save and open fxp patches for any plugin regardless of its own patch manager and format. So you load your fxp patches and then save them in Synth1's own patch manager.

Regarding the knobs, you don't have to click twice per control, but only once. Usually you edit one control after another. So you can stop editing one control and apply its value by clicking on and thus starting to edit the next control.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris-S wrote:
brok landers wrote: so, whenever this code block is engaged, i.e. detune is other than 0, these square waveforms are not "improved". all others however are improved.

hope i was clear...
Thank you, this also explains why a single saw with unison sounds different to a detuned saw without unison.
The detune without Unison seems quite noisy.
Strange to have a detune feature of that kind there, I thought it was referring to the pitch of the single wave...

arkmabat wrote:bwwd, if you're the same guy... thank you for your synth1 banks!
Those banks are full of other people's patches that he tweaked.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chilledpanda wrote: If you use chrome then right click on the page and select "Translate to English" and viola
.Image

simples really!
I think we'd all benefit from a proper translation rather than internet translator gobbledygook. Sure, it's better than nothing, but it's still gibberish.

Re donations, in this post (from 4 years ago) http://synth1.bbs.coocan.jp/?m=listthre ... summary=on
he writes that he's grateful people are willing to donate but doesn't want to add a donation button because he's just doing it as a hobby and doesn't want to any feel pressure/responsibility

sjm wrote:
chilledpanda wrote: If you use chrome then right click on the page and select "Translate to English" and viola
.Image

simples really!
I think we'd all benefit from a proper translation rather than internet translator gobbledygook. Sure, it's better than nothing, but it's still gibberish.
Actually it's pretty good as Japanese to English translations go, better than some of the Janglish translations of consoles manuals (and that's from professional organisations like nintendo/sony and sega) I had to try and make sense of in the past.

Teksonik wrote:
arkmabat wrote:bwwd, if you're the same guy... thank you for your synth1 banks!
Those banks are full of other people's patches that he tweaked.........
He tweaked them good. Shame if there was no credit given though.

Return to “Instruments”