Synth1 ver1.13 beta3 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

fluffy_little_something wrote:First of all, who am I to translate websites? I assume a Japanese developer knows hardly anyone outside Japan speaks Japanese. So if they want to appeal to an international audience, they should have their site translated, if necessary via Google as well.

Plus, what exactly is your screenshot to show? I can't read anything because the fonts are so small...
Who ask you to translate it? Was simply showing you how you can get the computer to do it for you in your browser.

Google already has a translate function which people can also add to, seem someone has already done the site.

Ever though he isn't bothered whether people outside Japan use it or not. His prerogative, since it's probably an hobby.

If you can't read that you probably need to go to specsavers....

I doubt that he set up a way to donate anyway. Never read that someone donated to him, nor is there a paypal button anywhere on the site.

chilledpanda wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:First of all, who am I to translate websites? I assume a Japanese developer knows hardly anyone outside Japan speaks Japanese. So if they want to appeal to an international audience, they should have their site translated, if necessary via Google as well.

Plus, what exactly is your screenshot to show? I can't read anything because the fonts are so small...
Who ask you to translate it? Was simply showing you how you can get the computer to do it for you in your browser.

Google already has a translate function which people can also add to, seem someone has already done the site.

Ever though he isn't bothered whether people outside Japan use it or not. His prerogative, since it's probably an hobby.

If you can't read that you probably need to go to specsavers....

I know that Google can translate sites. The point is, I won't do it because I feel it is not my duty. I won't make a single click in order to do that...

Wow, lazyass.

EvilDragon wrote:Wow, lazyass.
I don't think that is a fair assessment :)
It is a matter of principle to me. After all, I typed an entire sentence or two asking how we can donate...

What happens when a patch which is using the new filter is loaded with a previous version of synth1?

Just tried: in this case none of the 4 filter-leds is on, but I think BP12 is used then.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Wow, lazyass.
I don't think that is a fair assessment :)
It is a matter of principle to me. After all, I typed an entire sentence or two asking how we can donate...
I thought it was spot on lol

I don't know about anyone else but I keep coming back to synth 1 time and time again. I love tthis synth and it just got better. Does it do analog as well as Diva, maybe not but pretty damn close for a tenth of the CPU load. I have heard some patches by others that were unbelievably great sounding. I'm no expert programmer but I can coax some great sounds out of this thing.

I use this in just about everything I write. I would love to donate for further refinement.
:clap:

Doc Brown wrote:I don't know about anyone else but I keep coming back to synth 1 time and time again.

I dont. Its easily surpassed by everything i already own. Sure, its a decent enough simple synth, and its free, but its not something i go.

Kriminal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I don't know about anyone else but I keep coming back to synth 1 time and time again.

I dont. Its easily surpassed by everything i already own. Sure, its a decent enough simple synth, and its free, but its not something i go.
I think you're in the minority. :wink:

Duly noted though. More for me. :tu:

Doc Brown wrote: I think you're in the minority. :wink:
It's true, people from my planet are few, we use XILS lab or whatever that one was called.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

The last time I spent some time with Synth1 was 2009/2010. At that time I switched from Reason to VST land and I was looking for great free stuff. Synth1 was cool but not what I was looking for.

But I was intrigued by this new diode ladder filters and gave it another try yesterday.

Boy, Synth1 sounds bloody brilliant. Very easy to program, very fast to get something useful out of it.

Imho soundwise (especially the PWM SAW & SQR) I think it reminds me on the Tal Noisemaker. Sounds similar too me. Not the same. But definitely more 80s Roland than 70s Arp & Moog.

The drive/distortion option in the filter section sounds stellar. I know lot´s of synths with inbuild distortion (even in the filter path) but this one is definitely one of the better ones. Very smooth and warm.

And the Chorus section is great. Very subtle chorus. Definitely not a Juno clone. Reminds me a lot on the Alfa Chorus from HYDi. Feed something mono into it and you will get some 3d sound out of it. I like that.

And I like the workflow and the gui. Very clear and I like how he implemented the "value windows".

I just started with it but it is definitely a keeper for me. Thx for bringing it up again.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Hi,
don't understand exactly what is meant by:

Accuracy of the square wave has been improved. (8 multiple detune of osc1 are excluded)

Chris

Kriminal wrote:

I agree. What I like most about it is that one can make the GUI so huge, that really helps my old eyes :) And I like that it is a rather complete synth, with all major effects on board. Controls are also fine, my only problem continues to be the sound as such. And that there is only an on/off switch for filter velocity sensitivity. I mean, it is set reasonably, but still, for some sounds it is important that one can set it very precisely as needed. And for consistency, there should be an on/off switch for the equalizer.

Since it is an emulation of a hardware synth (that I have never played), does it really sound like it?

Although the basic sound of Synth1 may not be as good as Charlatan's, I prefer it among free synths. Charlatan doesn't really appeal to me. Noizemaker seems less CPU-efficient and has a 6-voice limit, but is otherwise in the same league in my view.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:Um. What makes you think the guy wants to appeal to an international audience? He just did a freeware synth plugin, which became pretty famous and popular... apart from that i don't get the effort to use a site translator. It's just a few clicks for you. Although i must say that asian to english translation suck. The language differences are too severe i guess.

Don't forget you get this for free. I don't think you can imagine the huge effort that has to put into coding something like this. Don't think a few mouse clicks to get the website translated is asked too much.
Freeware or not, I won't translate other people's websites just in order to donate. There is enough freeware out there, I don't need to run after people in order to donate to them.
If he doesn't want the money from abroad, fine, no need to translate the website, no donation. And if he does want money from abroad, he should translate his site into English, at least that part on donation. He should have had more than enough time during those 11 years to translate one sentence...

I guess I will delete it anyway, it sounds just too harsh and modern to my ears...
I add that the wide majority of japanese people under 70 years old speaks (and writes) very well English. Much better than in France, for example! Especially the japanese guys passionnated by synths, and even more when they are able to create one!

I speak and write a bit Japanese (but much better chinese) but during my lots of travels in Japan for my job when I worked, I have NEVER had any problem, even in the population, to use the English language. With the olders as well as with the youngers.

And in another addition... who are the widest crowds of users of VST synths... if not also people talking/writing quite well English as first or second language?

So if he doesn't translate totally his website in English it is... because he doesn't want.

That's all. And as Fluffy said, if he wanted more donations from correct (if not native) English speaking/reading people (certainly 99% of the users of his synth) he would have done it.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”