z3ta is it always a crack?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw some tutorials of guys using z3ta and wanted to check it out, are all the z3ta 1 links when you google z3ta cracks and viruses? Is there anywhere to get it legit? I have money and I don't fancy fixing my workstation after some kid had his fun.

I saw cakewalk made z3ta 2, but I don't think the presets are backwards compatible. Are they?

I've read over both those pages, but didn't see anything about whether or not z3ta 2 can run z3ta 1 patches.

brekehan wrote:
I've read over both those pages, but didn't see anything about whether or not z3ta 2 can run z3ta 1 patches.
Maybe check out the demo version. I think it can load version 1 sounds.
Version2 does include the version 1 sounds within the presets, so maybe you can load those as well.
I tried the demo, but I don't like z3ta at all.

z3ta was magware at one point.

I suggest you try to track it down that way.

BTW, I'm not suggesting buying the magware software because I know that's frowned upon.
I'm suggesting he/she buys the magazine itself.

EDIT: You need CM171
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329318

Damn i'm nice. Just click buy:
http://www.musicradar.com/computermusic ... tep-507314
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

brekehan wrote:I saw cakewalk made z3ta 2, but I don't think the presets are backwards compatible. Are they?
The original patches from z3ta+ are included with z3ta+ 2, so the presets appears to be backward compatible

cracks are so 2005 really, with today's seriously crippling virus technology i would stay the f**k away from them. that's one way to take down even the most advanced os/computer. theirs no reason to use cracks with the amount of coded freeware released nowadays. lets not even mention cryptolocker/ransomware. it is not worth it. sure one may be able to smooth sail for a long time but theirs always that time luck runs out and one is left with a debilitating virus and in a worst case scenario unremovable ransom ware.

:edit: i know the op isn't using them.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
brekehan wrote:I saw cakewalk made z3ta 2, but I don't think the presets are backwards compatible. Are they?
The original patches from z3ta+ are included with z3ta+ 2, so the presets appears to be backward compatible
It actually "is" backwards compatible according to threads in the instrument section, but preset creators mentioned that the sound slightly changed with v2.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Mushy Mushy wrote:Damn i'm nice. Just click buy:
Yeah, that is a possibility.

The reg number for z3ta+ with CM is printed on the DVD sleeve as I remember, so nobody can have snagged them off the net, like happened with the Beat version, where anybody could pick up a reg number, at an open link.

I got the free CM version a while back, but its no longer included on the CM disc.

I can confirm Z3ta2 can open old presets from the version 1. And can do more.

Excellent. Thanks guys.

Yes, as I recently upgraded to z3ta2 I can confirm that it opens v1 banks just fine. It does sound a bit different though.
No signature here!

Why is it so important for you to get the older z3ta+? Who cares if it can load some specific patches used in a YouTube demo... that seems like a strange rationale for favoring the older version of the current one. Version 2 is way better and incredibly powerful. Its one of my favorite VSTis.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Damn i'm nice. Just click buy:
The print edition is long out of stock, unfortunately, and Z3TA+ is not included with those older digital editions.

Your best bet to get old print copies of CM is eBay :wink:

Return to “Instruments”