Vengeance Metrum Vs. Phalanx

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KVR:

I'm about to go on a serious selling spree of plugins I don't use. I literally have over $3000 of plugins I no longer use or want. I know what I want, and how I work.

The only piece of software I'm seriously considering is Vengeance Phalanx. I have and use Metrum religiously. Not just for kick drum production, which it excels at, but for all of my percussion that is sample based. It is just outstanding and has taken my drums to a new level. The sample browsing is awesome, and the ability to layer up things within one plugin as well as filter, pan, delay, transient design, and more per layer is just amazing. The envelopes are truly the best I've used with any software. You can shape any sample exactly how you want. I even have used synth and bass samples in Metrum. It is so much more than a kick factory.

So, my question is, would it be worth it to add Phalanx? It looks absolutely stunning. Not cheap, but everyone that talks about it seems to agree that it is the best software sampler ever made.

Do any of you have and use both? That is who I'm really looking to hear from.

It appears that I can pretty much do everything Metrum does in Phalanx, but I've also heard that you can run Metrum within Phalanx. I don't use samples hardly at all besides percussive elements but with Phalanx, I think I probably would. I mean compared to Logic's EXS, it just looks like a sampling playground compared to a dinosaur.

Thanks for reading and replying if you have some time, and experience with these two.
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

Hi

yes, Phalanx is superior to metrum when it comes to synth sounds, percussions, claps, fx etc... and can do everything and beyond

BUT:

- Phalanx does not have the Kick Sine Oscillator of Metrum
- Phalanx does not have Metrum's Kick optimized sample library and preset library

thats the reason, why you can open Metrum (if you own a Metrum license) *inside* Phalanx, and expand Phalanx with these two important points. Your Metrum Library can be opened directly in Phalanx, like normal samples then.

Return to “Instruments”