Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
5849 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

I looked in my e-mail box and found the e-mail announcing ME80 v2.0, but the link gives me ZIP files with little more than 2 MB. It is an e-mail from 2014. Is there any other e-mail after this one?
Fernando (FMR)
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
24237 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:28 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

fmr wrote:I looked in my e-mail box and found the e-mail announcing ME80 v2.0, but the link gives me ZIP files with little more than 2 MB. It is an e-mail from 2014. Is there any other e-mail after this one?

Have you opened the zip file to see which version is inside?

The "ME80v2_3_BIG_Installer_64bit" is just 3.74 MB in size
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3137 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Numanoid wrote:
fmr wrote:I looked in my e-mail box and found the e-mail announcing ME80 v2.0, but the link gives me ZIP files with little more than 2 MB. It is an e-mail from 2014. Is there any other e-mail after this one?

Have you opened the zip file to see which version is inside?

The "ME80v2_3_BIG_Installer_64bit" is just 3.74 MB in size

Exact, Numa... for the registered version.

And the not registered version (the demo version, via this public link) is 2.4 Mb in size.

Fernando, did you purchase the plugin ? If so, you should have received a personal link by another email. Search for it if you are sure you had purchased the synth. And if you lost it, Gunnar will kindly recall it to you, assuming you write to him from the same email address you used for the purchase.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
5849 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Numanoid wrote:
fmr wrote:I looked in my e-mail box and found the e-mail announcing ME80 v2.0, but the link gives me ZIP files with little more than 2 MB. It is an e-mail from 2014. Is there any other e-mail after this one?

Have you opened the zip file to see which version is inside?

The "ME80v2_3_BIG_Installer_64bit" is just 3.74 MB in size

No, the links I have are not for that file. The file whose links I have on the e-mail is ME80v2_60_64bit.zip (and another for the 32bit of course)
Fernando (FMR)
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
5849 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:11 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

BlackWinny wrote: Fernando, did you purchase the plugin ? If so, you should have received a personal link by another email. Search for it if you are sure you had purchased the synth. And if you lost it, Gunnar will kindly recall it to you, assuming you write to him from the same email address you used for the purchase.
:)

Yes, I already e-mailed Gunnar. I'll wait for the new link :-)
Fernando (FMR)
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
 
2071 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:41 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

What should the "Morph speed" knob do? I see no effect.

D.J. wrote: I noted two bugs (with OSX, 10.11.6 version) :
The first one is annoying : saved fxp are unusable. Something is saved, but when loaded afterwards, the result is whatsoever but not what was saved.


Works ok on windows.
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
 
2071 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:01 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Testing the new unison feature:

Image

So, the detuning is uniformly spaced.
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
5849 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:07 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

fmr wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: Fernando, did you purchase the plugin ? If so, you should have received a personal link by another email. Search for it if you are sure you had purchased the synth. And if you lost it, Gunnar will kindly recall it to you, assuming you write to him from the same email address you used for the purchase.
:)

Yes, I already e-mailed Gunnar. I'll wait for the new link :-)

Received the answer back this morning. Great support from Gunnar :tu:
Fernando (FMR)
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3137 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:57 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Chris-S wrote:What should the "Morph speed" knob do? I see no effect.

Hello Chris!

The answer to this question is just at the beginning of the FAQ page of ME80:
http://www.memorymoon.com/me80faq.htm

SYNTHLINE 1

Image

Morph speed for synthline parameters. Works when you change patch, or change the coloured preset buttons. Does not work with the performance sliders, only synthline1 and synthline2 sliders/buttons.

ME80 has 2 synthlines, which is like 2 independent synths with its own VCA and VCF.

1st row is synthline1

2nd row is synthline2

3rd row is performance section


The line 1 and the line 2 are these two parts of the GUI:

Image

It is using a pedal that Vangelis made wonderful huge morphs between the line 1 and the line 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoEkyBX7qsg

Image

To complete this answer here is the original owner's manual of the CS-80:

And Vangelis remains today the master of the pedals on all his synth performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzkalHmY10
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3137 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:29 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

fmr wrote:
fmr wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: Fernando, did you purchase the plugin ? If so, you should have received a personal link by another email. Search for it if you are sure you had purchased the synth. And if you lost it, Gunnar will kindly recall it to you, assuming you write to him from the same email address you used for the purchase.
:)

Yes, I already e-mailed Gunnar. I'll wait for the new link :-)

Received the answer back this morning. Great support from Gunnar :tu:

Yes. Even if he prefers private exchanges rather than public forums, Gunnar belongs to the small world of the most communicative developers with their users.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
 
2071 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:35 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Morph knob explained


Thanks, so it is not for the speed of the slider animation, but for smoothing parameter changes.

It is using a pedal that Vangelis made wonderful huge morphs between the line 1 and the line 2.


I'm not sure if this is possible with the CS80.
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3137 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Chris-S wrote:
Morph knob explained


Thanks, so it is not for the speed of the slider animation, but for smoothing parameter changes.

It is using a pedal that Vangelis made wonderful huge morphs between the line 1 and the line 2.


I'm not sure if this is possible with the CS80.


Originally the CS-80 was provided with a volume pedal and with a sustain pedal.

But like many musicians of these analog years, Vangelis made customizations on his synths, sometimes himself and sometimes by the service of collaborator technicians. And the making of customizations and modifications was possible by using of course the service manual of the CS-50 which was the pattern of all the electronics used on the CS80 (even the front panel was purely and simply ported from the CS-50 to the CS-80) plus the manual of the CS-80 parts list, but also by using the ultra-useful manual of CS-80 adjustment procedures and updates (mine doesn't have 32 pages but 36 pages, 4 additional pages at the end being about the stabilization of the pitch, about the different and successive serial numbers of the synth, and about the IC IG000153 chip which is the main component of the VCOs) which was a true Bible for the musicians and their collaborator technicians, giving many tips for the adjustments of the synth but also for its customizations by technicians.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
gunnare
KVRian
 
641 posts since 22 Dec, 2004, from norway

Postby gunnare; Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

ME80 banks installer updated 9. april.

Extra bank2 polished and updated. Elektro bank completely reworked. I used bad speakers when I made the bank, so I have totally changed it and used expensive monitors in a studio while working on the bank. Some new distortion guitars. 21 new unison sounds (Use mod wheel and aftertouch to open up the sounds). All the sounds you need to play Sing me to sleep by Alan Walker. The unison flute at 0.28. The simple flute at 0.32. The portamento glide sound at 0.50. And the unison lead at 1.12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2khp_npdE
And there are some short Kygo lead sounds. Kygo and Alan Walker are both from Norway. We finally have some big music stars from this country.

I have left the factory bank with no unison sounds so that I dont upset the vintage fans. You will find the unison sounds in the elektro bank. You can choose from the bank installer, or download the banks one by one from http://memorymoon.com/downloads.htm . There are 2 download sections , one for ME80 v1.x and one section for ME80 V2.X

I might add that the unison upgrade was a request from Kent Spong. He told me that that unison was a common upgrade that they often did to the Yamaha CS80.
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
 
2071 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:54 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Thanks, Gunnar, so the sounds in the video are ME80?
gunnare
KVRian
 
641 posts since 22 Dec, 2004, from norway

Postby gunnare; Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Chris-S wrote:Thanks, Gunnar, so the sounds in the video are ME80?

No, I just emulated those sounds.
Just saw Alan Walker live on Television, and he used a Juno 106 and Roland SH 201. I suspect that maybe the SH201 was connected to a computer, but I could not see any computers on stage.

Kygo use mostly Sylenth and Nexus.
Only well known Norwegian artist that use ME80 is Todd Terje as far as I know.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments