Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

michaelbrac
KVRist

150 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from A foolish shepherd = God

Postby michaelbrac; Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

gunnare wrote:
Chris-S wrote:Thanks, Gunnar, so the sounds in the video are ME80?

No, I just emulated those sounds.
Just saw Alan Walker live on Television, and he used a Juno 106 and Roland SH 201. I suspect that maybe the SH201 was connected to a computer, but I could not see any computers on stage.

Kygo use mostly Sylenth and Nexus.
Only well known Norwegian artist that use ME80 is Todd Terje as far as I know.

Is it going to be memory moog for osx 64 and pc 64 bit?
I mean memory moog and not ME80.
i didn't see it .
gunnare
KVRian

641 posts since 22 Dec, 2004, from norway

Postby gunnare; Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:24 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

I am glad that there is still interest for memorymoon and messiah. I use memorymoon almost every day.
I am not working on those instruments at the moment. You will never get promises from me. You cannot do that in the software world. The big dilemma is: Do the same as with ME80 and loose all presets and banks. Or wait until synth-edit is stable.
vic_france
KVRian

645 posts since 16 Mar, 2002, from Paris

Postby vic_france; Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:48 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

gunnare wrote:I am glad that there is still interest for memorymoon and messiah. I use memorymoon almost every day.
I am not working on those instruments at the moment. You will never get promises from me. You cannot do that in the software world. The big dilemma is: Do the same as with ME80 and loose all presets and banks. Or wait until synth-edit is stable.

.. and while still dreaming 8) , I know you'd have to farm it out (and pay ;) ), but Memorymoog for Mac is top of my wishlist.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.
michaelbrac
KVRist

150 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from A foolish shepherd = God

Postby michaelbrac; Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:37 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

vic_france wrote:
gunnare wrote:I am glad that there is still interest for memorymoon and messiah. I use memorymoon almost every day.

.. and while still dreaming 8) , I know you'd have to farm it out (and pay ;) ), but Memorymoog for Mac is top of my wishlist.

i would like to see it too :tu:
Thomasch
KVRer

7 posts since 31 Jul, 2006

Postby Thomasch; Fri May 19, 2017 6:28 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Hi,
I just downloaded the ME80 Demo today and there seems to be a strange bug with Channel Aftertouch and even the corresponding CC 2 Breath Control.
I tested it in Ableton Live Suite.

None of my MIDI Keyboards are capable of Aftertouch.
So i tried to automate it within a Ableton Live midi clip via automation of Channel Pressure and alternatively with CC 02.
In both cases i got strange results.
When Aftertouch is set by a fixed value in automation curve in the clip, every new note starts with 0 aftertouch.
You need to change the aftertouch value after a new note is played, to assign it to the note again.
Same applies to the use of CC 02/Breath Control.

Did a quick crosscheck with Korg MonoPoly and Abletons Operator and they work as expected with channel pressure / channel aftertouch.
When i play some notes with them, every new note retains the fixed aftertouch value i had set in the automation curve.

Is this a bug of the Demo version or does this persist in the full version too?

best regards
Thomasch

P.S.
I also posted this in the memorymoon message board, but found it to be usefull to post it even here.
vic_france
KVRian

645 posts since 16 Mar, 2002, from Paris

Postby vic_france; Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

As regards the channel pressure, does the same thing happen if you add a new note while a previous one is still playing?
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

1557 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Sat May 20, 2017 12:42 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Thomasch wrote:Hi,
I just downloaded the ME80 Demo today and there seems to be a strange bug with Channel Aftertouch and even the corresponding CC 2 Breath Control.
I tested it in Ableton Live Suite.

None of my MIDI Keyboards are capable of Aftertouch.
So i tried to automate it within a Ableton Live midi clip via automation of Channel Pressure and alternatively with CC 02.
In both cases i got strange results.
When Aftertouch is set by a fixed value in automation curve in the clip, every new note starts with 0 aftertouch.
You need to change the aftertouch value after a new note is played, to assign it to the note again.
Same applies to the use of CC 02/Breath Control.

Did a quick crosscheck with Korg MonoPoly and Abletons Operator and they work as expected with channel pressure / channel aftertouch.
When i play some notes with them, every new note retains the fixed aftertouch value i had set in the automation curve.

Is this a bug of the Demo version or does this persist in the full version too?

best regards
Thomasch

P.S.
I also posted this in the memorymoon message board, but found it to be usefull to post it even here.

As I have no MIDI keyboard and never use aftertouch I may be talking out of my bottom, but isn't this how aftertouch is supposed to work? I.e press a key, then press harder for the aftertouch to kick in?
Would like some clarification of this just for my own information! (fmoi?)
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14401 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat May 20, 2017 1:27 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

That's true for polyphonic AT, but not for channel AT, which is global for all notes played over one particular MIDI channel - so you can have one key held down and pushed down hard to activate AT, the next notes you play while still holding the previous key would be affected by the current channel AT value.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

1557 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Sat May 20, 2017 1:54 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

EvilDragon wrote:That's true for polyphonic AT, but not for channel AT, which is global for all notes played over one particular MIDI channel - so you can have one key held down and pushed down hard to activate AT, the next notes you play while still holding the previous key would be affected by the current channel AT value.

Thanks, good to know. :tu:
Thomasch
KVRer

Postby Thomasch; Sat May 20, 2017 4:52 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

vic_france wrote:As regards the channel pressure, does the same thing happen if you add a new note while a previous one is still playing?

It's not a matter of the VCF Touch Control "All/LastNote" setting, if you mind this.
But i can hold a note, then apply aftertouch, an when i play a second note the second note doesn't pick up the already setted Aftertouch/CC02 Value until i pushed out a different Aftertouch/CC02 Value.

EvilDragon wrote:That's true for polyphonic AT, but not for channel AT, which is global for all notes played over one particular MIDI channel - so you can have one key held down and pushed down hard to activate AT, the next notes you play while still holding the previous key would be affected by the current channel AT value.

What i would like to know is, does my explained problem only applies to the Demo Version and a bug in there, or does this bug even happen in the full version?
From what i see nobody reported this bug here, so it's maybe a problem with the Demo Version only?

However, as the same problem occurs when using CC2 Breath Control, i think its a "bug" in the ME80.
Besides Ableton Live, i tried the simple SAVI Host to load the Plug in and checked it directly with my Keyboard and a Dial mapped to CC 02. Same Results.

It's a great sounding Synthesizer with a very uncommon sound, a sound that really stands out in relation to other synths.

If this bug would not be present, i would instantly buy the ME80.
Thomasch
KVRer

Postby Thomasch; Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

And btw - theres another bug with the "Preset Up" / "Preset Down" buttons.
When pressing one of these buttons, it jumps to the second next preset and not the next preset.
Chris-S
KVRAF

2072 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Hi,
I think I can reproduce this (full version):

I hit a low note, press it hard (AT value 127), while holding I press a high note.

High note is soft, but when I slowly release the low key (AT jumps
from 127 to 120 or so), the high note picks the new AT value.

So, indeed it seems new notes always start at 0 AT, not at the current channel aftertouch value.
Last edited by Chris-S on Sat May 20, 2017 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris-S
KVRAF

2072 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Sat May 20, 2017 5:43 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Thomasch wrote:And btw - theres another bug with the "Preset Up" / "Preset Down" buttons.
When pressing one of these buttons, it jumps to the second next preset and not the next preset.

I can not reproduce this. (Host is Reaper)
Thomasch
KVRer

Postby Thomasch; Sat May 20, 2017 6:54 am Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Chris-S wrote:
Thomasch wrote:And btw - theres another bug with the "Preset Up" / "Preset Down" buttons.

Strangely i can not reproduce this particular bug anymore.
I started a new Project, and now the "Preset Up/Down" seems to work correctly.

However - the problem with Channel Aftertouch / CC 03 Breath Control still persists.
Maybe dedicated modes for "Polyphonic Aftertouch" and "Channel Pressure / CC 03 Breath Control" would help.

@gunnare: Is it possible to fix this?
Tell me you will fix it, and i will buy it instantly.
Thomasch
KVRer

Postby Thomasch; Sat May 20, 2017 12:42 pm Re: Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

Thomasch wrote:
Chris-S wrote:

Strangely i can not reproduce this particular bug anymore.
I started a new Project, and now the "Preset Up/Down" seems to work correctly.

Ok, now i was able to reproduce the bug.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load a fresh instance of the ME80 into Ableton. (i still use the demo version)
2. Use the "Preset Up/Down" buttons and they work as intended.
3. Move a fader or knob with the mouse on the GUI. (Buttons and switches don't force the bug)
4. Use the "Preset Up/Down" buttons again and the presets will jump to the second next preset instead of the next one.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments