One-Synth-Challenge #66: ODsay by Elektrostudio (Keith303 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, the downloaded file it will be the exact same as the original one. In case someone doesn't know it.
So always download tracks for perfect output quality.

Have a nice day :)

is there an init patch?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:is there an init patch?
Just made one: download here

Thank you!

I've been skimming this thread and just wondering if there are more presets besides the ones you animehaus gave us?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Thank you!

I've been skimming this thread and just wondering if there are more presets besides the ones you animehaus gave us?
While not exactly presets, there's a rather extensive collection of patch programming diagrams here which is quite useful and informative. :D
http://www.arpodyssey.com/patches.html

Yes :D Those are quite helpful, though I'm not sure I got it to sound like it should but noneless created some interesting sounds :lol: For instance what settings are the blank supposed to represent, only the black marks show where to set at and unsure what's the default where i assume thats what blank means.. Will try again with bjporter's init patch and compare the end results :hihi: I'm in the mixing phase now and not sound design :hyper:

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Yes :D Those are quite helpful, though I'm not sure I got it to sound like it should but noneless created some interesting sounds :lol: For instance what settings are the blank supposed to represent, only the black marks show where to set at and unsure what's the default where i assume thats what blank means.. Will try again with bjporter's init patch and compare the end results :hihi: I'm in the mixing phase now and not sound design :hyper:
That's a good point. My patch probably won't help with original defaults, but good luck :tu:

mysticvibes wrote:Yes :D Those are quite helpful, though I'm not sure I got it to sound like it should but noneless created some interesting sounds :lol: For instance what settings are the blank supposed to represent, only the black marks show where to set at and unsure what's the default where i assume thats what blank means.. Will try again with bjporter's init patch and compare the end results :hihi: I'm in the mixing phase now and not sound design :hyper:
as far as I can tell, the blank spots either don't really matter, are adjusted to taste, or left at zero

My entry for OSC 66. :)

https://soundcloud.com/animehaus/animeh ... ats-galore

In a world of organic cats, when some cyber cats arrive, madness ensues. :)

KVR OSC 66 entry - ODsay (Elektrostudio)

DAW: FL Studio 11

62 ODsay instances

Effects used:
Ambience
epicVerb
Ferric TDS
Fruity Parametric EQ 2
Fruity Delay 2
Fruity Compressor
Fruity Limiter
IVGI
MStereoExpander
Sleepy-Time Records Transient
Soundgoodizer
ThrillseekerVBL
Voxengo SPAN
Wave Candy

DR 10

In a world of organic cats, when some cyber cats arrive, madness ensues. :)

:lol:

TTU Youtube

Hi all,

After one month of break I am back in the race again. I had some strange troubles with ODsay in Cubase. After about 18 instances used, I could not add another one without problems. Either the new one was completely silence or an older one started a 1000dBSPL sirene sound, which was unstoppable till I shut Cubase down. I had to render or freeze a lot of traks to continue. Next month I will try Reaper. It looks very powerfull and promising!

https://soundcloud.com/photonic-1/photo ... the-flight

24 instances of ODsay in Cubase 5 Essential

Filter: BootEQmkII, TAL-Filter, MQ57
Dynamics: TDRFeedBackCompressor, GClip, FluxBitterSweet-II, ClassicCompressor
Delays: IxoxDelay, NastyDLA
Reverb: EpicVerb, FreeverbToo, TAL-Reverb3
Satturation: Voxengo Boogex, Green Eugene
Analyzer: Span, TT Dynamic Range Meter, StereoChannel
Stereo: MidSideMangler

Dynamik Range according TT Dynamic Range Meter: DR=12
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Here's mine:
https://soundcloud.com/duckettl/ccducke ... ter-parade

Kept micro-fiddling instead of working on arrangement etc. Ah well..

10x Odsay
10x ReaEQ
4x ReaVerbate
1x GSatMax
1x EpicVerb
1x Ambience
2x PanGloss
1x Qmeleon
1x GMonoBass
1x 1968 A
3x Ferox (jb old free version)
1x Limiter No6
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Kept micro-fiddling instead of working on arrangement etc. Ah well..
Been doing that past two days, haven't even begun arrangement yet, :lol: , have today and tomorrow planned for that.

TTU Youtube

My track for OSC 66
In my point of view, this synth is designed mostly for glitches, so I did the (normal?) electro part and jumped to the strange world of the ambient, glitch-waves and even a bit of breakbeat.
"Randomize" button is an interesting thing, btw.
https://soundcloud.com/irregulardan/all ... bout-odsay
DAW: FL Studio 10
12 instances of the ODsay
Effects:
9x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
2x Soundgoodizer
1x Fruity Reeverb

First of all, I want to thank everyone who left comments for my song on Soundcloud. I have noticed a lot of praise for the percussion I used, so I thought why not share it with people. I cleaned up everything except the percussion from the Reaper project file

You will probably need the plugins I used for this to work out:

MEqualizer and MCompressor from the Melda Free Effects Bundle. Sadly, this is Windows only. Perhaps, the effects could be duplicated with the ReaEQ and ReaComp.
Ambience Reverb

I included the midi items from the song to help you understand what I was trying to achieve. If you still have trouble understanding the track layout, my notes below might help you out:

Tracks 1-2: Reverb tracks for the whole song.
Tracks 3-6: Audio buses for EQ adjustments. I wanted to keep the audio sources separate, in case I need to change the variety of the drums.
Tracks 7: An Audio track that I bounced from the Timpani Midi track. This was done mostly because of the duophony limit and the way the tracks were set up. The original midi item was the same as the midi item located right under this audio item, just twice as long.
Tracks 8-11: Midi tracks that achieve the duophony. Originally, the audio sources were layered together within one track. However, ODsay didn't play nice with Reaper when I tried to duplicate the tracks to have more variety. So, to keep the instance number down, I used individual "sound source" tracks and just sent the relevant Midi data to the ones I wanted to trigger.
Tracks 12-13: I created the gong Drums to have some impact sounds. As for the metallic snare, it kind of evolved from the original version to address my needs for this song.
Tracks 14-25: Sound sources for the drums.

I also removed all the effects on the master mixer in the file above to get a stronger sound. With the effects in, the sound is more like this

Let me know if it works out for you.

EDIT - forgot to add. You need the pizmidi plugins as well.
Last edited by SirKen on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”