VST like in Alphaville's Forever Young

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-modic wrote:I saw you producing Blind Passengers first album. So is Synth Pop still your passion?
I like a lot of genres of music. KMFDM are one of my must listen to bands at the moment. I think the term synth pop is over used really, If it doesn't chart, it is an underground electronic song, if it charts it is synth pop (even though it is the same song) :?

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:That is why I like FGTH much more, for instance with the aforementioned Welcome to the Pleasuredome from 5 minutes or so on, that sounds very good to me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVDC6kPCkWA#t=299
My conclusion is that '84 was a great year for music, I also like WTTPD a lot :tu:

Depeche Mode, Soft Cell, Ultravox, etc, all put out excellent albums that year.
Yes, both 1983 and 1984 were good years, the Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams, Kajagoogoo's White Feathers, Talk Talk's It's my Life etc. were released.

fluffy_little_something wrote: I don't know who was behind FGTH, but whoever it was, I liked their sound better, it was tighter.
What did you have to do with Alphaville? You keep writing We...
FGTH were going to sound tighter IMO - A lot more money was on tap to hire the best people, Steve Howe at the time was in Yes.

Alphaville at the begining was Myself, Frank Mertens (later replaced by Rick Echolette) and Marian Gold. "We" all composed the music together. Sometimes we also worked with a lyricists called Janey Diamond, but mostly we as a group crafted the songs. I left the group in 2003 although I stopped being involved after the release of the Dreamscapes boxset in 1999.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Kajagoogoo's White Feathers,

Now that is overblown plastic pop :hihi:

Talk Talk on the other hand :tu: Never made a bad record and still stand the test of time. Spirit of Eden is a masterpiece. :)

Maomoondog wrote: I left the group in 2003...
why why why!!!! :cry: You had no right to do that. :D
Induljon a banzáj!

Maomoondog wrote:Talk Talk on the other hand :tu: Never made a bad record and still stand the test of time. Spirit of Eden is a masterpiece. :)
+1 Fantastic band, I got two vinyl copies of Laughing Stock, which sell for pretty nice amounts these days 8)

Numanoid wrote: Listen to the last part of the LP version of Sounds Like A Melody, that is pure symphonic synth-pop heaven. I think Trevor Horn would have been mighty proud had he managed to get that to sound so well.
A real string section was used on the end part too, strings and synths in harmony.

Maomoondog wrote:FGTH were going to sound tighter IMO - A lot more money was on tap to hire the best people, Steve Howe at the time was in Yes.

Alphaville at the begining was Myself, Frank Mertens (later replaced by Rick Echolette) and Marian Gold. "We" all composed the music together. Sometimes we also worked with a lyricists called Janey Diamond, but mostly we as a group crafted the songs. I left the group in 2003 although I stopped being involved after the release of the Dreamscapes boxset in 1999.
OK, so you are BL, thanks Wiki :hihi: Are you also German? Your name doesn't sound German 8)

e-modic wrote:
Maomoondog wrote: I left the group in 2003...
why why why!!!! :cry: You had no right to do that. :D
Personal reasons / direction change / arguments. Plus the abortion that became Crazyshow.

Numanoid wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:Talk Talk on the other hand :tu: Never made a bad record and still stand the test of time. Spirit of Eden is a masterpiece. :)
+1 Fantastic band, I got two vinyl copies of Laughing Stock, which sell for pretty nice amounts these days 8)
Managed to see them on the Colour of Spring tour. I was impressed form day one, still impressed now. :tu:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
OK, so you are BL, thanks Wiki :hihi: Are you also German? Your name doesn't sound German 8)
Bernhard is my real name (Wiki will tell you my real family name and where I was born) :wink:

Maomoondog wrote: Alphaville at the begining was Myself, Frank Mertens (later replaced by Rick Echolette) and Marian Gold. "We" all composed the music together. Sometimes we also worked with a lyricists called Janey Diamond, but mostly we as a group crafted the songs. I left the group in 2003 although I stopped being involved after the release of the Dreamscapes boxset in 1999.
Wow! I would never imagined that I would quote one of my music "Gods". I was a big fan, since 83'. I was just been accepted at first grade in the Uni and heard "Big in Japan" in the FM Radio! Then I was eating and drinking Alphaville!

Few years ago, I remembered "Big in Japan" while I was in Japan. I really felt the song especially after the breakdown with my ex there!

I just wanted to say how much Alphaville songs has influenced me in both my life and the way I have built my taste in music. Great group, and one of the best music/words ever would come to this world :)

Going to sleep with a big smile on my face :D

Maomoondog wrote:

Talk Talk on the other hand :tu: Never made a bad record and still stand the test of time. Spirit of Eden is a masterpiece. :)
I did not like every song on the White Feathers album, but some of it was unusual. And I still like Too Shy and most of all Hang on Now today.

I don't think Kajagoogoo was overblown plastic pop. Well, the Simmons drums maybe. The bass player was and still is very good, a real musician. I saw a live video of them the other day, they are all still good musicians, only the singer, well... :hihi:

I liked Kajagoogoo's later stuff (Islands, the Power to Forgive etc.) which mostly flopped, though. They did sound huge occasionally, but not in an unpleasant way to my ears. They always payed a lot of attention to the bass line and kept the highs down, which I like. Actually, they were quite funky at times.

Maomoondog wrote:

Yes, Talk Talk were another league :) I played their second album all the time, Tomorrow Started, Renee, etc. - no need for a skip button back then, almost every song was special...

fluffy_little_something wrote:I liked Kajagoogoo's later stuff (Islands, the Power to Forgive etc.) which mostly flopped, though.
Nick Beggs did some interesting stuff solo, for example he collaborated with Iona in the early 90's playing celtic folk/prog

He also plays Chapman stick !

Return to “Instruments”