Sampler with start position

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for a good sampler with start position that isnt mach 5 or short circuit.

Image line Directwave ,Ni Kontakt,arturia spark...
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

direct wave does not have start position, kontakt is awful. aturia spark is hardware.

Define 'start position'.

Zombie Queen wrote:Define 'start position'.
Setting sample start offset, and as parameter - is my guess.
You don't have to edit sample to use it - and you can run a parameter to change position dynamically.

Poise?

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Sampler

lfm wrote:Setting sample start offset
My question was at the OP, I have a feeling, he/she may have something else in mind. I can't think of a sampler which does not have this functionality.

zoogoo wrote:kontakt is awful.
Quite the contrary.

Start Position- where the sample begins to play on the timeline and length of selected sound.

keep in mind im using this sampler in a live scenario so i am using minimal amount of knobs to control it.

yes i know most samplers have ADSR which lets you get sort get the start position. But i was hoping there was a sampler with just one knob i can use to access different start spots in the sample.

short circuit is the best one ive used, but i cant use it energyxt. it allows u to set several start positions. If you have a long sample and u set each start position %100, %50, %10, you can access the sample in lots of different ways. Of course if a sampler had a start position or hold knob you could assign it to several knobs with a different 0-127 range. 20-100, 50-70, ext....... it would not work as good but it would give similar effect.

poise and TX16Wx pro look interesting. ill give them a try.

nuance i could not do what i wanted. just had that ADSR which stinks for start position selection.

tx16wx i couldn't get parm 00 or 01 to work with the start position, and i cant use it anyway because the parameters do not show up in energyxt. Its basically identical to short circuit.

Poise you also can not change start position. you can adjust decay and release of the sound, but the sample only starts from beginning of its timeline.

actually direct wave is the closest thing i got working, it does have start position but its so cpu intensive. i cant assign a sample to a midi Channel so i have to run 5 of them.

any more suggestions?

thanks so far.

Oh, in this case Directwave is good. Look at it again, under mod matrix you can assign sample start to whatever you want, modwheel, pitchbend, LFO, note velocity...

zoogoo wrote:nuance i could not do what i wanted. just had that ADSR which stinks for start position selection.
Isn't the start position the 1st draggable orange line?

Return to “Instruments”