Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Radio : Air. Play.

Use Radio as a plugin within your DAW when you are feeling creative. Radio records the last 30 seconds of any streamed material. Once you hear something you like, select it, save it and drag it into your DAW. Finding new samples to inspire your music has never been done like this before!

The onboard FX section lends Radio the authentic air of real consumer equipment, with 24 processors to make your feed sound like it's coming through a genuine tube radio speaker, car stereo, phone or another device.

Radio stations focus on diversity, which will keep you coming back for new inspirational material.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
valerian_777
Banned

Postby valerian_777; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:28 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

Numanoid wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:I can't see it.

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/products

Thanks but i already found this but where's the promo beside the GForce shop? I mean the even don't mention it on their site under "News" or whatever. You must exactly go to the GShop. Thats no promotion in my eyes.
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2766 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

If it makes anyone feel better, I dug around and found that they had Imposcar 2 at 30% off in March, instead of 50% off.

It was at that point that GForce said (approximately) "there will be regular, unannounced discounts like this in future that will only be advertised on their site."

Here's where I posted that in the Bargain Center:

viewtopic.php?p=5679847#p5679847

No, I don't really understand the need to seemingly "keep it under wraps" either, but it is what it is.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:37 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

jsp1979 wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I dug around and found that they had Imposcar 2 at 30% off in March, instead of 50% off.

Not really :D
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2766 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:38 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

You never know. 20% might make all the difference. ;)

Perhaps it worth emailing Gforce saying you missed the sale on Imposcar. Maybe if enough do it, they'll bring it back around again.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:39 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

jsp1979 wrote:Perhaps it worth emailing Gforce saying you missed the sale on Imposcar.

They probably down the pub already, it's Friday after all
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:42 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

I got UVI String Machines (with UVI Digital Synsations included) for just $39,2 from JRR shop back in July.

Sorry GForce, you can't beat that 8)
lnikj
KVRAF
 
1702 posts since 23 May, 2005, from the North Cornwall coast

Postby lnikj; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

They have a very low volume mailing list which includes these deals when they come up.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:47 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

lnikj wrote:They have a very low volume mailing list which includes these deals when they come up.

Could be the mailing list is those that already bought GForce software, in case they want to add a duplicate licence :hihi:
vic_france
KVRian
 
659 posts since 16 Mar, 2002, from Paris

Postby vic_france; Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:14 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

bharris22 wrote:I don't remember that either :(.

Nor do I :(. Are you certain it was for Imposcar2?
Oh, and yes, VSM is gorgeous ;)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2766 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:17 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

vic_france wrote:
bharris22 wrote:I don't remember that either :(.

Nor do I :(. Are you certain it was for Imposcar2?
Oh, and yes, VSM is gorgeous ;)


Yes, above, I just posted the link that shows that I personally posted to the Bargain Thread back in March announcing the sale.

My only correction is that it was 30% off instead of 50% off.
vic_france
KVRian
 
659 posts since 16 Mar, 2002, from Paris

Postby vic_france; Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:20 am Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

jsp1979 wrote:
vic_france wrote:
bharris22 wrote:I don't remember that either :(.

Nor do I :(. Are you certain it was for Imposcar2?
Oh, and yes, VSM is gorgeous ;)


Yes, above, I just posted the link that shows that I personally posted to the Bargain Thread back in March announcing the sale.

My only correction is that it was 30% off instead of 50% off.

Ah, thanks :)
I hope it comes around again though (though I'll probably not notice it until too late even then :P )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.
brok landers
KVRAF
 
6076 posts since 25 Sep, 2003, from right here, as you can see ...

Postby brok landers; Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:24 pm Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

if you´re into real stringmachines, VSM is horrible - IMO. the samples are really low quality, ontop of that some strings labelled as whatever stringmachine don´t even remotely sound like the hardware (f.e. the rs202). the phaser is a slap in your face, as it´s actually not a phaser at all...
there was an akai sampling cd called "xxlarge string machines", which i still own. forgetting for a moment that samples can _never_ serve the sound of real stringmachines due to technical reasons, this collection was as close as one could get with samples. maybe someone sells it used, you might want to google that.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man
Gribs
KVRian
 
862 posts since 9 Feb, 2007, from San Ramon, California

Postby Gribs; Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:22 pm Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

Acid Mitch wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
Gribs wrote:I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.


GForce had it 50% off a month or so ago. They've been going one by one through their products offering 50% off.

I *love* Imposcar2. One of my favorites!


DAM, wish I hadn't missed that.


I don't recall seeing that either.
------------------------------------------
Gribs
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2766 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

Gribs wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
Gribs wrote:I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.


GForce had it 50% off a month or so ago. They've been going one by one through their products offering 50% off.

I *love* Imposcar2. One of my favorites!


DAM, wish I hadn't missed that.


I don't recall seeing that either.


Just to make it clear again...it was a 30% off sale, instead of 50%.

Again, send some emails to Gforce and tell them you missed it. Maybe they'll bring it back.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2766 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:36 pm Re: GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

brok landers wrote:if you´re into real stringmachines, VSM is horrible - IMO. the samples are really low quality, ontop of that some strings labelled as whatever stringmachine don´t even remotely sound like the hardware (f.e. the rs202). the phaser is a slap in your face, as it´s actually not a phaser at all...
there was an akai sampling cd called "xxlarge string machines", which i still own. forgetting for a moment that samples can _never_ serve the sound of real stringmachines due to technical reasons, this collection was as close as one could get with samples. maybe someone sells it used, you might want to google that.


Thanks for the comments, brok landers. I'll try to find the samples you mentioned.

Earlier in the thread Loomer String was mentioned which I had completely forgotten about. I'll give that demo a whirl and it might actually be a better fit for me (and at a lower price).
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments