Bazille 1.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Sendy wrote:It aliases more than I was expecting, but I've come to accept it as part of the philosophy of the synth. It would be nice to have the choice to reduce the aliasing, but that's what ACE, Diva and Zebra are for :)
You mean it was done intentionally? What would be the purpose?

wagtunes wrote:Personally, I'm a little disappointed in the sound. I expected better from the company that gave us Zebra, ACE and Diva.

Am I missing something?
The sound quality of Bazille is exceptional. It's sonic versatility is high and it has a unique set of tools. I consider Bazille one of the very best synths ever made and the Bazille filters are superb.

wagtunes wrote:
Sendy wrote:It aliases more than I was expecting, but I've come to accept it as part of the philosophy of the synth. It would be nice to have the choice to reduce the aliasing, but that's what ACE, Diva and Zebra are for :)
You mean it was done intentionally? What would be the purpose?
FM is going to alias... nature of the beast.

wagtunes wrote: So Liv, what are your impressions of the synth?
I think it's great.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Well, I'm sorry folks. I'm not hearing it. To me, the demos just sound like a lot of noise.

wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm sorry folks. I'm not hearing it. To me, the demos just sound like a lot of noise.
Bazille can also do more traditional sounds/synthesis (heck, at its core it can be seen as a simple 4 oscillator, 2 filter synthesizer), but thanks to its huge flexibility, it invites sound designers easily to go off the beaten path and explore modulations with are not done to dead in other synths. The demos are just a matter of taste - one's noise can be another one's preferred sound and vice versa.

vstliefhebber wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm sorry folks. I'm not hearing it. To me, the demos just sound like a lot of noise.
Bazille can also do more traditional sounds/synthesis (heck, at its core it can be seen as a simple 4 oscillator, 2 filter synthesizer), but thanks to its huge flexibility, it invites sound designers easily to go off the beaten path and explore modulations with are not done to dead in other synths. The demos are just a matter of taste - one's noise can be another one's preferred sound and vice versa.
Fair enough. So can somebody post a demo of more "traditional" sounding stuff so I can tell if this thing is good for more than just making coffee grinder sounds?

Really enjoyed the demos from liv myself. There might be a lot of noisy elements to them but I find them pleasingly textured and interesting. Very well put together. I do love my strange and unusual sounds though. Different strokes for different folks. Traditional stuff is good too though 8)

Satch1 wrote:Really enjoyed the demos from liv myself. There might be a lot of noisy elements to them but I find them pleasingly textured and interesting. Very well put together. I do love my strange and unusual sounds though. Different strokes for different folks. Traditional stuff is good too though 8)
That is true. Taste is subjective. I just have a difficult time evaluating a synth based on drones and noise. If I could hear something besides that I could make a more informed opinion of the synth.

wagtunes wrote:
Satch1 wrote:Really enjoyed the demos from liv myself. There might be a lot of noisy elements to them but I find them pleasingly textured and interesting. Very well put together. I do love my strange and unusual sounds though. Different strokes for different folks. Traditional stuff is good too though 8)
That is true. Taste is subjective. I just have a difficult time evaluating a synth based on drones and noise. If I could hear something besides that I could make a more informed opinion of the synth.
Understandable. Have you tried the demo? There's loads of presets, and it seems you know your way around a synth, so have a play with it. I find that Bazille can produce some very musical sounds full of quirky character. It wouldn't be my first choice for big lush pads or clean cutting leads, there's definitely plenty of other synths that I find better for these, and more CPU efficient, but Bazille can sound like no other synth I own (which is quite a few). It's probably not for everyone, but I would not be without it. Unique!

Satch1 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Understandable. Have you tried the demo? There's loads of presets, and it seems you know your way around a synth, so have a play with it. I find that Bazille can produce some very musical sounds full of quirky character. It wouldn't be my first choice for big lush pads or clean cutting leads, there's definitely plenty of other synths that I find better for these, and more CPU efficient, but Bazille can sound like no other synth I own (which is quite a few). It's probably not for everyone, but I would not be without it. Unique!
Actually, I haven't tried the demo yet. The reason is because I haven't been impressed with what I've been hearing. Perhaps it is a question of diving into it and seeing what it can do for myself.

I think that's the best way to really know for sure if it's for you. Be careful though, it's highly addictive :wink:

A quick tip... if you require a cleaner non aliasing waveform, use one of the TapMap waves with no Phase Distortion applied to it. You can then draw the wave you want in the mapping generator. Using the PD waves produces quite a lot of aliasing.

wagtunes wrote:
vstliefhebber wrote:
Fair enough. So can somebody post a demo of more "traditional" sounding stuff so I can tell if this thing is good for more than just making coffee grinder sounds?
Read the thread... question asked and answered more than once. Here is one example I posted from a few pages ago that is not a 'lot of noise'. I posted quite a few others as well but you can go find them if you are interested.

http://draigathar.org/sounds/B75.mp3

Ah, Bazille ... just learned I've been pronouncing its name all wrong. How stupid and un-hip of me!

This is a synth I really tried to love. I think I've listened to every demo. Not crazy about sim jacks and cords on 'modular' software, I said I'd be willing to put up with it.

Problem is, I just was not intrigued or set off by any of the demo sounds I've heard yet. Not horrible, but just not that good. I can't hear anything that anyone is supposedly raving about.

So it goes.

MarlaPodolski wrote:Ah, Bazille ... just learned I've been pronouncing its name all wrong. How stupid and un-hip of me!

This is a synth I really tried to love. I think I've listened to every demo. Not crazy about sim jacks and cords on 'modular' software, I said I'd be willing to put up with it.

Problem is, I just was not intrigued or set off by any of the demo sounds I've heard yet. Not horrible, but just not that good. I can't hear anything that anyone is supposedly raving about.

So it goes.
Heres a track with a factory drum patch called Go Ballistic
and one called Aurora + a flute patch I made.
This track propably won't knock you of your feet but I think
it shows a little of how diverse this synth can sound.
https://soundcloud.com/sbj67/s-b-j-bazi ... tic-single
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Return to “Instruments”