One Synth Challenge #68: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally got this one figured out - getting 64-bit into Live on Windows. Unfortunately, Live didn't like seeing all the Synth1 stuff in its own folder, which kinda sucked because...my 64-bit plugin folder is already a bit of a mess...but consider me in for this one. Looking forward to hearing everyone's creations! Hopefully mine will be up to snuff...

Going to try and jump in on this one- once I get my art show done on the 18th.

z.prime wrote:It *does* work fine for me as VST 32-bit on OSX 10.9, Bitwig. Have you tried the VST version (for a host that supports VST, of course)?
Ok, VST opens the GUI, but AU doesn't. The VST version doesn't want to load the 10,000 patch banks, though. Whatever I do, External .zip stays empty. Ah well.

z.prime wrote:Oh man, yep, you're right about that... some of those patches are very nice. I might have to use patch inspiration this month instead of designing every single sound... I can almost listen to "BT the pad" all day long. lol..
I agree, those patches are great (and some of the others as well - Chris Feeltune and AZur Studio). Found that I was selecting a patch which sounded good, and then cycled the others in the patchbank, and nearly always found a nicer one for my use! With some minor tweaks, most are very useable - and then there's ALL those patchbanks to look at!

With all the onboard FX, I found I already have a 3 min long piece without any FX chains at all sounding quite good! Should be a lot better with track fx and mastering.

And ... maybe it's a chill/dance tune this time from me, rather than my usual take on a particular music genre :wink:

I was thinking of doing a BoogieWoogie or a D-I-S-C-O track, but then perhaps people will expect this sort of thing from me, so watch this space ... :arrow:

dB

FLWrd wrote:
z.prime wrote:It *does* work fine for me as VST 32-bit on OSX 10.9, Bitwig. Have you tried the VST version (for a host that supports VST, of course)?
Ok, VST opens the GUI, but AU doesn't. The VST version doesn't want to load the 10,000 patch banks, though. Whatever I do, External .zip stays empty. Ah well.
It took me a little while... do this:

Download the giant patch bank, unzip it. Point the external zip folder to that new folder. Restart your DAW. It should find the banks then.

doctorbob wrote:... or a D-I-S-C-O track, but then perhaps people will expect this sort of thing from me, so watch this space ...
An 80's disco-type track done well would be HOT. :)

jasinski wrote:Going to try and jump in on this one- once I get my art show done on the 18th.
*trying to hold in my excitement for a new Jasinski track...*

z.prime wrote:Download the giant patch bank, unzip it. Point the external zip folder to that new folder. Restart your DAW. It should find the banks then.
Thanks. I went as far as too remove all instances from my host and reopen them, but indeed, the whole host needs to be restarted. Then it works (the 32 bit VST, that is). I guess the dev doesn't have a (modern) mac?

FLWrd wrote:
z.prime wrote:Download the giant patch bank, unzip it. Point the external zip folder to that new folder. Restart your DAW. It should find the banks then.
Thanks. I went as far as too remove all instances from my host and reopen them, but indeed, the whole host needs to be restarted. Then it works (the 32 bit VST, that is). I guess the dev doesn't have a (modern) mac?
No, also the browser for me always opens below the plugin window... and doesn't open unless I click the options first, every time... very buggy. But I can get into a bank, at least and then switch patches up/down. And I guess I usually make most of my sounds from scratch anyway...

I just wish the init patch was different... anyone know how to change it?

… to much crashes of the VST - and AU - plugin!!!!
mac users are losers this time, i think. In 64- or 32-Bit mode in LOGIC9 PRO or STUDIO ONE doesn't really work … it only works if you do NOT use the EFFECT in the upper left corner. If you use it, you only hear "CnackCnicknigg" … of course you can use ALL presets, but do not change the "EFFECT"

… somebody might have the (classic) problem not been able to load the AU-plugin in LOGIC9. Here is the way it goes:
After loading your DAW, start your AU-MANAGER. In that list, set the checkmark to the plug-in you miss. (Sometimes you have to press twice the checkbox) Press "ENTER" … that's all … may be you have to reopen LOGIC9 again.

Good luck to all!

sorry for my poor english, it is not my mother language

marks-a-whybikky wrote:… to much crashes of the VST - and AU - plugin!!!!
mac users are losers this tim

Hey did you try the older downloads? Maybe it'll work better with your system
http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/#down

bjporter wrote:

Yes, i tried … same faults in mac os 10.8…?latest version.
Next few hours i'll try it with different versions in 10.5 and 10.6 from an external drive … may be it will work. I'll never give up.
Feedback will follow! Still love the OSC!

marks-a-whybikky wrote:
bjporter wrote:

Yes, i tried … same faults in mac os 10.8…?latest version.
Next few hours i'll try it with different versions in 10.5 and 10.6 from an external drive … may be it will work. I'll never give up.
Feedback will follow! Still love the OSC!
After reading my crash-reports, found my fault:
I had two different versions of SYNTH1. One in my user-library/audio/plug-ins/components and the other one in hd/library/audio/plug-ins/components. (Same in VST-folder)
after deleting the plugs in my home library, it works fine in LOGIC9 without any blibbclick or clickblibbclack (none plural; it only sounds once. after that-no sound!) when using the upper right effect! Effect-changing will not crash any more!

@ bjPoter: thanks for your hint 'n link!

bjporter wrote:

… never give losers a name, please!
… may i'am too british … or too drunken

marks-a-whybikky wrote:
bjporter wrote:

… never give losers a name, please!
… may i'am too british … or too drunken
:lol:

Return to “Instruments”