TimeWarp problem with latest OSX OS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

aMUSEd wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:So how does this compare to more recent plugins in terms of sound? Does it offer anything different?
I managed to get the demo working from the Wayoutware, only in standalone mode (plug-ins don't work). I think it has quite a punchy sound. It has that sound like with Analog synths where you can hit a sweet spot of punchy gnarliness. The fm sounds really good and it does those legendary ARP2600 style effects really well. Much better than the Arturia it seems to me. Too bad it doesn't have all the filter types of that one but I think it's a better emulation.

So many presets just send the level into the red and break up with nasty clipping distortion. I don't understand how a 250$ synth ever shipped with such bad volumes spikes in factory presets but oh well.

Overall the thing sounds really good though. In terms of offering anything different, well it basically offers what the ARP2600 offered.
I have the Arturia ARP and quite like it actually - so the Arturia one has more filter types, is that because the original did or is it something they have added?
Ah the always illuminating Gordon Reid reveals all:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug06/a ... mewarp.htm

looks like he doesn't think it's better (or worse, or less, or more 'authentic') than the Arturia one.

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:So how does this compare to more recent plugins in terms of sound? Does it offer anything different?
I managed to get the demo working from the Wayoutware, only in standalone mode (plug-ins don't work). I think it has quite a punchy sound. It has that sound like with Analog synths where you can hit a sweet spot of punchy gnarliness. The fm sounds really good and it does those legendary ARP2600 style effects really well. Much better than the Arturia it seems to me. Too bad it doesn't have all the filter types of that one but I think it's a better emulation.

So many presets just send the level into the red and break up with nasty clipping distortion. I don't understand how a 250$ synth ever shipped with such bad volumes spikes in factory presets but oh well.

Overall the thing sounds really good though. In terms of offering anything different, well it basically offers what the ARP2600 offered.
I have the Arturia ARP and quite like it actually - so the Arturia one has more filter types, is that because the original did or is it something they have added?
No the Timewarp has the authentic structure and the same filter type as the hardware. As far as I know it's pretty much bang on the original, likely with a few modern enhancements (not sure if the original has velocity control for example). Arturia on the other hand added some cool things like different filter types (which I really like a specially the notch!) and different modulations. I actually really like the Arturia one as well. It definitely has that Arturia sound though. Always a little on the soft side. Though I've never played a real Arp2600, from the videos I've watched and sound examples I've listened to, I think the Timewarp does the fm effects better and gets closer to the analog punch. The arturia one does all kinds of great pads and stuff though as well.

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

Ah the always illuminating Gordon Reid reveals all:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug06/a ... mewarp.htm

looks like he doesn't think it's better (or worse, or less, or more 'authentic') than the Arturia one.
I wonder how much changed after that review though? It was a while back and Timewarp went through several updates (I think the last was 1.4) so perhaps some of the issues raised were addressed. It would be strange if the oscs were left as phase locked, not sure.

The soundonsound review is really not fair...
Think he got paid from arturia...
Used this years ago, and in my opinion it is still the MOST organic, alive vst/au synth EVER...

Please Sonivox, offer a demo, this plugin is so great !

Guys, compare it with the newest stuff, u-he , ni , and so on...
The only thing that comes close in terms of organic is the synthsquad stuff...

This thing is alive !!!!!
🇷🇺

Hi Folks,

Please give the revised demo a try when its posted it has a number of improvements on the very old demo on the Wow site.
I have reached out to inquire about updates for existing users.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:...
I have reached out to inquire about updates for existing users.
Thank you.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I've managed to get the old demo to work on my MBP OS X 10.8.5. The dmg kicked up a security warning, the installer claimed to have failed but the plugins were there when I next started Live. It works but the plugin screen whites out on a regular basis.

I must say though that it does sound great, particularly the filter. It sounds better to my ears than my Arturia version. I have no idea how close either is to the original.

I doubt if I can justify even a 100 notes on it though but I will continue to play with it...

ok I bought , it went to #%@$^%$ digital river, it billed me , and nothing! no #%@$^%$ download link. Sent a request to support to digital river - they send you to findmyorder and the run around begins. Get it right Sonivox for $%#s sake. Don't send auto replies to support questions - just read the support question, look up the order number , see if it was paid ( tick ) and send the #%@$^%$ download link

EDIT - Simon fixed it. Thanks :)
Last edited by popskull on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello, please email me directly sbangs@sonivoxmi.com if your having a problem. Seems there have been a couple of Glitches over the weekend alas. Our main US office opens again in a couple of hours.

I would recommend using the updated demo when available as this version is improved.

We have confirmed that if you have a serial number the updated installer will work so please contact m.
Unfortunately if your license is on an iLok account only you will need to contact WOW to request a serial number.

Support for iLok is discontinued in this version.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

sbangs_air wrote:Hello, please email me directly sbangs@sonivoxmi.com if your having a problem. Seems there have been a couple of Glitches over the weekend alas. Our main US office opens again in a couple of hours.
Hi,

i sent an e-mail yesterday and just got a reply including a download link for a new Windows installer.

That one solved both the stability/crashing issues i had with the installation (at Windows 7 64-bit) and also the problems i had with the Online activation when using the installer from the WayOutWare website.

Now everything seems to work properly. I always loved the synth (got it since 2009) but recently i was not able to use it.

Many thanks to Simon for providing the new installer. :)
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

+1

Thanks very much for your help Simon.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Our pleasure!
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Just noticed that in the new installer there already is a native 64-bit plugin for Windows but it was installed in the same folder as the 32-bit plugin. First impression was this installer is 32-bit only...

Now with a properly working installer, a working online authorization procedure and a native 64-bit version i am really happy.

Maybe it would nice to change the installer in a way that it asks for different folders for the 32-bit and 64-bit plugins.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hello, yes and for Mac let me pass this feedback on to see if we can tweak for future installs.
Glad to hear your up and running :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Ingonator wrote:
sbangs_air wrote:Hello, please email me directly sbangs@sonivoxmi.com if your having a problem. Seems there have been a couple of Glitches over the weekend alas. Our main US office opens again in a couple of hours.
Hi,

i sent an e-mail yesterday and just got a reply including a download link for a new Windows installer.

That one solved both the stability/crashing issues i had with the installation (at Windows 7 64-bit) and also the problems i had with the Online activation when using the installer from the WayOutWare website.

Now everything seems to work properly. I always loved the synth (got it since 2009) but recently i was not able to use it.

Many thanks to Simon for providing the new installer. :)
Hi Ingo
You write to wow and they get you new installer with serial ?

Return to “Instruments”