TimeWarp problem with latest OSX OS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

sbangs_air wrote:
dayjob wrote:so no upgrade path for existing owners? man, think they would've considered that somewhere in the process of taking over the distribution
As long as you have a serial you can use the new installers. If your licence is iLok only you will need to contact wow for the time being.
Reporting.
I received a reply from Jim, with the same information that the said Simon. (about that latest update for TimewARP 2600 does not support iLok, ant that The most recent version that supports iLok is version 1.53, which is available on our website), also asked what operating system I use and whether I have the registration code.
I replied, that I only have a ilok license, said what system I use, and mentioned that the latest Windows version (which can be downloaded from Way out ware site) has some problems during installation and some issues during use, and I believe that I have the right to obtain the this update.
Also i made\attach screenshots confirming the legal existence of the license.
After that I have not received any response.

Not so important, what type protect system now, and who helps redistribute it.
The person who has a license - should receive the update. Folks (air and wow) , this is normal.
IF we are not talking about the upgrade to the next version of the plugin (TimewARP 2 for example). But even in this case, the license user as a rule can count on some bonuses.
But in our case - it turns out that the license does not mean anything at all. It's just a shame.

Well, not matter. (maybe i attach too much importance to the license. Behind the times?).

I was close to purchasing this, but with the developer uncontactable and clearly no longer interested in anything except the revenue, and now with the problems with purchasing from the distributor, not fixed after several days.

A complete shambles, no?

A bit of a shambles, but the new distributor is trying to make things right.

The developer is focusing on what he does best, which is developing. So this should be a win-win situation in the long run. The product itself seems to be well done and with the new updates, current with newer systems.
lnikj wrote:I was close to purchasing this, but with the developer uncontactable and clearly no longer interested in anything except the revenue, and now with the problems with purchasing from the distributor, not fixed after several days.

A complete shambles, no?

Does anyone know if the phases of the oscillators are still the same? An old review I read said that unlike analog synth, the osc phases were always aligned, meaning it didn't get that fat out of phase sound real analogs get.

Also, still no demo?

Jim is presently working on an update installer for existing users and the demo version please stand by.

Anyone who has had a download issue should now be resolved. A maintenance period at Digital River resulted in a problem which is now fixed.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:Jim is presently working on an update installer for existing users and the demo version please stand by.
Version history coming?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yes that too :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Fortunately, Simon sent me a workable download link too (thanks again, Simon ;) )..
Like some other folks here, I had already sent a support request (or two ;) ), and, a few days ago, did receive a reply (also automated, I suspect), apologising for the inconvenience, with instructions on how to download (identical to the the instructions already on their website).. which still linked to that page where there is my order, but no download link.
So, I wrote back to them, telling them that the problem persisted...
I have just received another reply from them.. STILL links to that page without a download link!

If it weren't for Simon's kind help (and the fact that, now at last successfully downloaded and authorized, I actually like Timewarp 2600 a lot ;) ).. I would have been demanding a refund, in face of such unbelievable inefficiency.. and I am usually a very tolerant guy (who has no time for people who say I'm not :P )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I see that one must choose between PC and Mac when purchasing. All of my other plugins I use both versions: AU for my iMac in my studio, VST for my Receptor live. Any chance we could get both upon buying the single license?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Does anyone know if the phases of the oscillators are still the same? An old review I read said that unlike analog synth, the osc phases were always aligned, meaning it didn't get that fat out of phase sound real analogs get.

Also, still no demo?
Good question. What sample rates are supported? A FAQ and system requirements would be useful.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

If you ping me im happy to provide the installer for the other OS.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

I e-mailed Jim almost 2 years ago and he approved an up-grade that got me running on 64 bit on 10.6.8 otherwise, same great plug as before. Is there any reason for me to contact him or Simon now? (I suppose that with Apple no longer providing security updates for Snow Leopard I should consider going to Yosemite at some point. Would this require an upgrade for timewARP?) Thanks.

I would recommend updating when you upgrade your OS.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

sbangs_air wrote:We are going to post the refreshed demo shortly (next 24-48 hours) on the Sonivox website stand by.
Hi, Are you still planning to put the demo up?

Hello, yes we are just waiting for this from WOW
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Return to “Instruments”