Searching for a VST multi instrument like Korg M1 or a Sampler! NO anti tweaking rompler!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KingTuck wrote:
ENV1 wrote: This means for you to have caught 16 trojans you must have been quite busy with something that actually does give people trojans, in other words you are incriminating yourself without even realizing it.
Trojans are uncommon among even the most avid of pirates. They are very very very easy to avoid and just because software was pirated doesn't even make it likely to contain a trojan. Getting infected with trojans on your computer doesn't "incriminate yourself" whatsoever, that's silly and ignorant.
Silly and ignorant?

You know whats silly and ignorant?

Silly and ignorant is to say something like you just did because the fact that there are people out there who have little else to do than re-packaging all sorts of software with crap either because they get a high out of the thought that some poor chap will be spending the rest of the week fixing their computer or simply because they want to sucker you into paying a handsome sum of ransom money is undeniable.

So dont tell me anything about how the world works. Just because the folks that do the cracking usually dont infect their stuff themselves doesnt mean the internet isnt full of infected cracked stuff anyway. The idea that it wasnt 'even likely' for cracked stuff to contain malware is simply ridiculous and only shows an utter lack of understanding of the actual situation.

One thing you said is true however, and that is that i shouldnt have said 'incriminating'. What i should have said instead is 'making an ass of yourself', because that is precisely what youre doing when you claim to have gotten malware from clean files, especially when you maintain that claim even though it has been made quite clear to you that you have been in error.

Consider it corrected.

BBFG# wrote:You would be wrong then.
The first one I downloaded came with a positive. I asked and was assured it was false. Installed it and played it fine, but didn't like the multi-color scheme. Went back to the site and downloaded the black skin. On installing was met with an immediate quarantine identifying the trojans with the synth in the same folder. Removed them all and reported it. Was immediately met with this attitude that apparently continues to this day.
I'm done with it. It's a shame others aren't.
You know what the real shame is?

The real shame is that you cant be man enough to admit that you were wrong.

You see, ive told you several times now that it wasnt MauSynth that was responsible for your malware problem. And im in a position to say that with certainty, because im not only the one who made the black skin, (as you well know), i have also compiled the images into the DLLs myself, which means i could TELL if the files had been altered after they left my custody simply by checking their checksums. And yet you go on and on about how these clean files have given you malware. Dont you think it is a little shitty to behave like this towards 2 people who worked in their spare time to give you stuff for free? Dont you think it is time to apologize and move on?

Anyway, just to show you how well i really mean, heres a last attempt at making it clear to you that you were wrong. Please follow closely because i wont do this again.

- The DLLs on Pekkas website are not packed into archives

- The only files you can download from Pekkas website are the DLLs themselves

- It is not possible for you to have downloaded files other than the DLLs from Pekkas website

- The DLLs were downloaded by many people, including many KVRers when MauSynth was in the OSC

- Out of all those people, the only person who claims to have had a problem is you

- The MD5 for MauSynthBlack 32bit is fafd7353650d820154c28576836c8339

- The MD5 for MauSynthBlack 64bit is a43b33350240f444901b709613512627

- These 2 files are the only ones that have ever been released, which means everyone who downloaded MauSynthBlack can verify and confirm that the files werent 'clandestinely swapped' after Pekka and i realized that our vile plan to infect the music world with malware was discovered.

- 32bit DLL: 52 Virus Scanners show you that the file with the MD5 fafd7353650d820154c28576836c8339 is 100% clean.

- 64bit DLL: 55 Virus Scanners show you that the file with the MD5 a43b33350240f444901b709613512627 is 100% clean.

(MD5 listed under 'Additional Information' tab.)

So there you go. If you were paying attention, and your sense of logic isnt on vacation, you should now know with 100% certainty that it is not possible for you to have gotten any malware from MauSynthBlack because the 2 files that are available from Pekkas website today are the exact same files that i had sent to him back then, which means they are the same files that you downloaded, and 55 VirusScanners from 55 different companies plus the person who actually made those files tell you unequivocally that these files do not contain any malware whatsoever.

(Which means, and for your sake i hope that you realize this, that if you now still continued to claim that you got any malware from MauSynth you would either have to be trolling or you just cannot be taken seriously in general...)

BBFG# wrote:
grymmjack wrote:I don't see anywhere to purchase the Yamaha S-YXG50 synth. :( oh well.
Following the link on KVR Products does lead to a foreign page which will translate after multiple retries. For either the 50 or 100 versions though, the links appear to be for older OS's only (Win 95/98/Me/2000). I did see the google links for youtube installing on Win7 too.
But it's obvious that we're talking about something that may give problems just because of depending on your 64 bit environment. Maybe KVR should update their product base here.
So is this a vst or the software designed to replace the OS sound engine?

I remember this had a mono software version of the VL physical modelling synth. I tried it many years ago on Win98 and the separate VL editors worked nicely with it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

To correct myself is was the xyg100 that had the VL engine

ENV1 wrote: Silly and ignorant?

You know whats silly and ignorant?

Silly and ignorant is to say something like you just did because the fact that there are people out there who have little else to do than re-packaging all sorts of software with crap either because they get a high out of the thought that some poor chap will be spending the rest of the week fixing their computer or simply because they want to sucker you into paying a handsome sum of ransom money is undeniable.

So dont tell me anything about how the world works. Just because the folks that do the cracking usually dont infect their stuff themselves doesnt mean the internet isnt full of infected cracked stuff anyway. The idea that it wasnt 'even likely' for cracked stuff to contain malware is simply ridiculous and only shows an utter lack of understanding of the actual situation.

Consider it corrected.
Nope.

There are people who package viruses into mislabeled software to try and sucker people. Quite a few, yes. But it is the lesser of readily available cracked software. This means stuff which has many working download links, has many P2P hosts, etc etc. Of this kind of thing it is the minority by far. Viruses and mislabeled software are quickly labelled/reported and removed from almost any popular piracy community/website and in most cases the trojan infected software won't even make it onto the site. Antivirus software has become a lot more powerful and efficient at detecting these kinds of things, unlike when trojans were more common among the internet, such that it takes much more effort to fool most people into installing viruses on their computer. Couple this with the fact that the audio plugin community isn't particularly massive (it certainly isn't as large as many other viable communities) and you have a very small community of people working on distributing viruses among the audio plugin community working within a very difficult environment to do so.

There are tons of viruses working through the web. But it is the minority of accessible cracked content, unfortunate to developers, most of the stuff that's distributed will work as it says. Hence it "isn't likely" and is very very very easy to avoid. Most (read: almost all) of the cracked software being distributed comes from "groups" that are either a part of the "scene" or the "p2p" network, these networks are responsible for thousands upon thousands of pieces of cracked software. There hasn't been an outbreak of viruses in either community so long as they have been around (well over 15 years), they adhere by a weird, semi-arbitrary set of rules and anything which contains a virus will be "nuked" and therefore taken down.

Also keep in mind that the majority of trojans distributed in the piracy community will simply be mislabeled software, so it says something like "Massive2(LEGITTOTALLYLEGIT)-sausageman.exe" and the actual contents of it are completely unrelated to that. It is a mass distribution of the same executable file under many different names to try and attract as many people as possible (DIVA2(SUPERLEGIT)-tacoboy.exe, BLUE3(DEFLEGIT)-burritokid.exe, etc etc). Execution of it will simply install the trojan. Very little of the cracked software that actually functions (loads up in your DAW, executes as it seems it should) will contain a trojan. Again man, you really don't know what you're talking about. I don't know why you're writing everything so arrogantly.

And come on mate "dont tell me anything about how the world works"? This isn't worth getting all worked up over.

Minority, majority...geeze...is it really so hard for you to comprehend that it doesnt frickin matter as long as you dont know where people are downloading their shit and how stupid they are when it comes to installing stuff carelessly?

I mean its not like you can look that up somewhere, is it?

EvilDragon wrote:M1 is VERY LOW as far as CPU usage goes. What stone age computer is OP running?!
In this screenshot I comparing my most cpu intense plugin in use named Monark with the M1 with a random chord. It has double (!!!) of Monarks CPU usage! On this machine ordinary plugins like massive use less than 5%of CPU usage with this chords!

lol
:borg:

Some are just intoxicated by their truculent ague.

But back to the OP,
what other 'tweakable romplers' are you using and how do they compare to your M1LC?

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:M1 is VERY LOW as far as CPU usage goes. What stone age computer is OP running?!
In this screenshot I comparing my most cpu intense plugin in use named Monark with the M1 with a random chord. It has double (!!!) of Monarks CPU usage! On this machine ordinary plugins like massive use less than 5%of CPU usage with this chords!

Your comparison is maybe correct with a single voice but it would surely be different with multiple voices/notes.
I had done a polyhonic modification of Monark in the past and this could max out my CPU (more than 5 years old CPU...) with 4-5 voices.

If you play multiple notes at the M1 you will see that the CPU use will only increase slightly.

I did a test with around 50 notes playing a Combi program (that in your screenshot) at once and i could reach 78% CPU at the display of Live 9 (for a single core). With a single program it was around 37% maximum with the same test. I had to set the maximum voices to 256 as this Combi patch uses 3 layered patches which would exceed 128 voices which is the default.
This is for one core of the CPU. with a second instance taht uses a different core i could play 100 notes of that Combi program (= 3 layeed patches) at once which should be more than enough voices for doing a full song (even at my quite old CPU).
I know that you could also use different MIDI tracks/channels for the patches in a Combi program but i played all at once.

Best for creating a somng should be using the M1 in multitimbral mode which should use less CPU than multiple instances. For this it's also helpful that the M1 plugin has 8 Stereo audio outputs to add different FXs to each patch in a Combi/multi program.

You could also reduce the CPU use of the M1 by reducing the maximum voices in the GLOBAL menu which is 128 voices by default.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

BBFG# wrote:Some are just intoxicated by their truculent ague.
So thats your response.

A childish little insult with no basis in reality, just to say something spiteful.

Well, alright then. Since this will make it clear to everyone what a despicable creature you are i guess i can live with the outcome.

Enjoy your reputation.

I leave the childish insults to you.
Of which you have proven prolific.
Move on or get back to the topic.

lol

BBFG# wrote:truculent ague.
I have no idea what that means but Im trade marking it as my new forum name :lol:

I think that was a character in Star Wars Episode 2. Or maybe Episode 3.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Ingonator wrote:
crazyfiltertweaker wrote:

Best for creating a somng should be using the M1 in multitimbral mode which should use less CPU than multiple instances. For this it's also helpful that the M1 plugin has 8 Stereo audio outputs to add different FXs to each patch in a Combi/multi program.

You could also reduce the CPU use of the M1 by reducing the maximum voices in the GLOBAL menu which is 128 voices by default.
my system is really strong and there shouldnt be ANYTHING which I have to pay attention for...

I have used many very CPU strong setups with very CPU intense plugins like reverbs a.s.o., I had never CPU problems, even with 5 instances of DIVA I used once to test it. BUT now M1 leads to some really serious CPU issues as you can see! So thats the reason why Im searching for another rompler maybe with also great sounds like the M1 where there is no need of using just instance! I want to use as many isntances as I want, thats why I have bought such a strong system, to have no borders!

@Evil Dragon:
Stone Age computer, really?
Please look on the screenshots...
And you always call my issues into question, the same with the threads in the native Instruments Forums where I post OBVIOUS bugs and you dont believe in them!

Return to “Instruments”