iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Gribs wrote:I took a look at the published release notes and updates. It looks like the last update was in 2015. No thanks.
most of the u-he synths haven't been updated since 2015 either

Just a few days, and still holding my interest ...

But what is it with the sound library - I saw "animal noises" and thought "great, that sounds like an interesting source of soundfiles", only to discover that it is a load of wavs of people simply saying "woof" and "meaow" and "grrr" in the most unconvincing and annoying way. !?!?! Similarly the voice section sounds like someone had just one night to make all the voice samples so quickly got their little sister to say "Aaaah" and "Eeeeeh" etc.

Disappointed with the multi-gigabyte source sounds. However, I can see me building up a library of my own samples at which point it might get a bit more interesting.
"Everybody loves the sound of a train in the distance ... everybody thinks it's true." (Paul Simon)

LOL, after all these years I found another bug today when converting some more Iris 1 patches to version 2. The sync-speed of the S&H-LFO (if it decides to work at all on a good day) can't be modulated with a Macro (or anything else), in this patch a Macro switches all sync-speed (amplitude and filter modulation) from triplets to straight 1/8, but not with Iris 2...*sigh*

I dont know if its a bug or what but i have never ever installed Iris, but i get notifications that i have update on following products installed:

Iris 2
Insight (wtf is that?)

:D

i do use Trash and Nectar 2 tho

Elektronisch wrote:I dont know if its a bug or what but i have never ever installed Iris, but i get notifications that i have update on following products installed:

Iris 2
Insight (wtf is that?)

Insight is their metering plug-in which comes with all sorts of super-bundles. It's a good tool though.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:I dont know if its a bug or what but i have never ever installed Iris, but i get notifications that i have update on following products installed:

Iris 2
Insight (wtf is that?)

Insight is their metering plug-in which comes with all sorts of super-bundles. It's a good tool though.
wish i had it, searched my system, no insight, nor iris 2 :D

Elektronisch wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Iris 2
Insight (wtf is that?)

wish i had it, searched my system, no insight, nor iris 2 :D
LOL, what a useful notification that was :party:

generaldiomedes wrote:
Gribs wrote:I took a look at the published release notes and updates. It looks like the last update was in 2015. No thanks.
most of the u-he synths haven't been updated since 2015 either
Haha, yeah, but their stuff works :hihi: :clown:

A new entrant, albeit limited, into Iris space:

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/iota/

Awesome! Too bad it's locked to Live... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hello,

I have Iris 2.01.363 installed.
Have downloaded V 2.02.

Should I uninstall 2.01.363 and then install V2.02?
Delete also the Izotope folder in my Content/Presets Drive?

Is the update even worth it?

lnikj wrote:A new entrant, albeit limited, into Iris space:

I have Iota. Definitly playing in the same zone of Iris. Really great tool, mixing granular looping with spectral filtering. Very unique. Can indeed be an alternative to Iris.

Neon Breath wrote:
lnikj wrote:A new entrant, albeit limited, into Iris space:

I have Iota. Definitly playing in the same zone of Iris. Really great tool, mixing granular looping with spectral filtering. Very unique. Can indeed be an alternative to Iris.
Sounds good. Only question is whether to hold off for the next Ableton sale.

Does it come with the lemur template that its version 1 appears to have had (from looking at youtube videos)?

Kalamata Kid wrote:Hello,

Have downloaded V 2.02.

I have Iris 2.02.415 installed. Works fine for me. I bought it on sale earlier this year, and that was the latest version available (released Nov 2015), so I didn't have to update. Since they are not likely to update it any further, might as well grab the last version! v2.01 was released in 2014 ...

https://www.izotope.com/en/support/prod ... notes.html

2.02 added Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan support.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:Hello,

Have downloaded V 2.02.

I have Iris 2.02.415 installed. Works fine for me. I bought it on sale earlier this year, and that was the latest version available (released Nov 2015), so I didn't have to update. Since they are not likely to update it any further, might as well grab the last version! v2.01 was released in 2014 ...

https://www.izotope.com/en/support/prod ... notes.html

2.02 added Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan support.
Great to know the V 2.02.415 is functioning properly.

Tried to get contact info for Izotope and it seems the only way is to use the US mail. https://support.izotope.com/. I find this odd.

Opened Iris and hit the update button and finally takes me to the download page to V2.02, full version I assume. So is it safe to assume that they want the installed V 2.01 un-installed before installing V2.02. Please offer your opinion.

Also want to let them know the I did not authorize Iris three times but only once. Please make suggestions on how to resolve this.

Return to “Instruments”