iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

The problem is, once again, we are on a clock and have to make a rushed decision rather than have a graceful and reasonable upgrade path. I'm getting very annoyed with companies doing this.

ians wrote:Also look like the new 11GB sound library is mostly made up of the old expansion packs:

'An epic library of content is included with your Iris 2 purchase. The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of exciting new patches by world-class sound designers, plus an 11 GB sample library. Chock-full of 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler, the sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.'

You can read 're-organised & remastered' as 'made to work for v2'
Great so those of us who have paid for all those additional libraries have to pay for them again? They should take into account the fact that people may have bought addons already in their upgrade price.

aMUSEd wrote:The problem is, once again, we are on a clock and have to make a rushed decision rather than have a graceful and reasonable upgrade path. I'm getting very annoyed with companies doing this.
Can't see a problem of mine.

Don't let anyone put pressure on you, you won't miss anything you never had. And what's on offer is not what you had hoped for, so... It's THEIR problem losing sales...

Damn gas ;)

TabSel wrote:Why convert when you can use iris v1?
If it was that easy, sure, no problem. With hundreds of subscribers to my Iris subscription the decision gets more difficult and now that v1 is gone, all my existing patches become unplayable for people who purchase Iris starting from today. So that's quite an impact on my business.

I wrote to iZotope as out of the blue they kindly sent me an NFR just half an hour ago, my reaction was political not so correct I guess, let's see what they say.

TabSel wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The problem is, once again, we are on a clock and have to make a rushed decision rather than have a graceful and reasonable upgrade path. I'm getting very annoyed with companies doing this.
Can't see a problem of mine.

Don't let anyone put pressure on you, you won't miss anything you never had. And what's on offer is not what you had hoped for, so... It's THEIR problem losing sales...

Damn gas ;)
Yeah but as Simon says I have a lot invested in version 1 already, particularly if no one is going to continue to make banks for 1, so I have to take that into account, but I would rather not have pay more if I don't decide quickly.

aMUSEd wrote: Yeah but as Simon says I have a lot invested in version 1 already, particularly if no one is going to continue to make banks for 1, so I have to take that into account, but I would rather not have pay more if I don't decide quickly.
If iZotope don't come up with a solution for a reliable automatic conversion (which most probably does not exist, looking at the XML code posted here earlier today), for me the only way to go will be to start a new subscription from scratch, or to release full libraries only, or to drop the whole v2 thing and continue with v1 which will exclude all future Iris users, or delete Iris and be done with it.
Decisions, decision, decisions - or hire someone for manually converting 400+ Iris patches, cast away on an island with solar energy, a computer, some coconuts and Iris v1+2 only.

Where do you read that the $99 Upgrade price is only a time limited one?

Now until December 11: $99 Upgrade (reg. $149)

paulbreeze wrote:Where do you read that the $99 Upgrade price is only a time limited one?
On the 'upgrade coupons' page under your account.
Now until December 11: $99 Upgrade (reg. $149)

Iris 2 is a visual instrument that lets you create and discover musical sounds that have never been heard before.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It's in your account written ;) after that 149$ what is tooo much
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Thanks. Had no chance to check my account yet, only saw their web page...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Yeah but as Simon says I have a lot invested in version 1 already, particularly if no one is going to continue to make banks for 1, so I have to take that into account, but I would rather not have pay more if I don't decide quickly.
If iZotope don't come up with a solution for a reliable automatic conversion (which most probably does not exist, looking at the XML code posted here earlier today), for me the only way to go will be to start a new subscription from scratch, or to release full libraries only, or to drop the whole v2 thing and continue with v1 which will exclude all future Iris users, or delete Iris and be done with it.
Decisions, decision, decisions - or hire someone for manually converting 400+ Iris patches, cast away on an island with solar energy, a computer, some coconuts and Iris v1+2 only.
What I would suggest is any old patches keep as V1 as people who have already subscribed obviously have 1. Any new patches make for both and make a separate subscription for Iris 2 (with a crossgrade price for people who have the V1 subscription).

I must say Im somewhat disappointed that the upgrade price doesnt reflect any investment into the sound packs which are now standard.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I must say Im somewhat disappointed that the upgrade price doesnt reflect any investment into the sound packs which are now standard.
It really does appear as if iZotope have misplaced their calculator recently.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”