iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

That sounds like they changed the resolution of the displayed audio file... Or is it a Retina bug?
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I don't use Retina.

iZotope Iris 2 magic, I'll agree to that, very deep and rich sonic environment , enjoyed it very much!!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Sampleconstruct wrote:In the masochistic process of converting my 400+ Iris 1 patches to version 2 I today encountered a new bug which is rather disturbing:
For the first time the spectral selection in a sample in Iris 2 sounded nothing like in version 1, after searching for the culprit about an hour it became clear that the very thin lines I had drawn in version 1 using the lasso tool were much too thin for Iris 2, so all the overtones in the sound were gone and it simply sounded dull. So I tried to thicken the dozens of lines by drawing over them again with the pencil tool until it sounded somewhat like in version 1.

I mean I can meanwhile live with all the translation bugs and de-provements in version 2, but this simply totally sucks!

If someone wants to try - it's the patch "Cello Cosmos Split", the sample in S1 - compare and be amazed!
This is indeed disheartening to say the least. Are you saying that Iris 2 lacks the resolution in terms of selecting harmonic content compared to v1? I can't imagine they'd go backwards... what would be the point?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:In the masochistic process of converting my 400+ Iris 1 patches to version 2 I today encountered a new bug which is rather disturbing:
For the first time the spectral selection in a sample in Iris 2 sounded nothing like in version 1, after searching for the culprit about an hour it became clear that the very thin lines I had drawn in version 1 using the lasso tool were much too thin for Iris 2, so all the overtones in the sound were gone and it simply sounded dull. So I tried to thicken the dozens of lines by drawing over them again with the pencil tool until it sounded somewhat like in version 1.

I mean I can meanwhile live with all the translation bugs and de-provements in version 2, but this simply totally sucks!

If someone wants to try - it's the patch "Cello Cosmos Split", the sample in S1 - compare and be amazed!
This is indeed disheartening to say the least. Are you saying that Iris 2 lacks the resolution in terms of selecting harmonic content compared to v1? I can't imagine they'd go backwards... what would be the point?
Yes, it obviously lacks the resolution available in Iris 1, I have only encountered this twice so far out of roundabout 80 converted patches, but in both cases the resolution of the spectral selection was the culprit. There are too many de-provements in version 2 for no apparent reason whatsoever, so the "what would be the point?" - question becomes almost rhetorical, as there is no reasonable answer.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:iZotope Iris 2 magic, I'll agree to that, very deep and rich sonic environment , enjoyed it very much!!
Thank's for watching!

I can't believe they still haven't done anything about the outstanding bugs. :/
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

In Fl Studio 11.1.1 64 bit:

Anyone else having the gui bug where the you see the dot representing the modulation on the knobs jumping all over the place ?

Ben84 wrote:In Fl Studio 11.1.1 64 bit:

Anyone else having the gui bug where the you see the dot representing the modulation on the knobs jumping all over the place ?
I don't think that's a bug, when you use LFOs in Retrigger/Restart-mode, each voices will have it's own LFO phase, so the modulation display will jump all over the place because when playing numerous voices with different start positions, there will be multiple modulation values active simultaneously. This also happens in other synths when using re-triggering LFOs/MSEGs/step sequencers.

No, i have it even when i delete all modulations except the volume adsr and using one voice, tested it with ableton also and there is everything normal...

Ben84 wrote:No, i have it even when i delete all modulations except the volume adsr and using one voice, tested it with ableton also and there is everything normal...
Oh, I see, well, looks like you're going to live with that bug for a while, iZotope seems to have gone all quiet and Iris 2 remains in public Beta mode :tu:

Still using Iris 1, will wait for a stable iris 2 :)

Ben84 wrote:Still using Iris 1, will wait for a stable iris 2 :)
Iris 2 is stable alright, it's just full of bugs, glitches and de-provements.

Stable was not the right word, sorry, I'm dutch :)

Return to “Instruments”