Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Numanoid
KVRAF

25817 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:57 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Or Hemorrhoid 8)

Too itchy :hihi:
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:58 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

That is some of the most informative windows I have ever got when pressing a button in a plugin :o

Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:00 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Tricky-Loops wrote:Well, why not? It's difficult to program something really extraordinary with Synthmaker/Flowstone but at least they look pretty good... It's just that I think that most beat-making kids are using 64 bit OS now... :shrug:

But Flowstone is 64 bit now, aint it?
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

9763 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:02 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Numanoid wrote:That is some of the most informative windows I have ever got when pressing a button in a plugin :o

It sure looks colorful :) Hey, have you upgraded to Windows 95 as well now, cool OS, isn't it? :hihi:
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norbz
KVRist

183 posts since 26 Jun, 2014, from Toronto

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

^ Yep - unfortunately I have a LOT of projects half done in SM (before they switched) so I wanted to wrap them up at least before taking on any new learning curves/updates. I'm still more right brained and creative not a programmer so it took a while to get the grasp of all this for me. Also why I'm calling on any talent that would like to explore a revshare/partnership with their C++/native VST/AU skills for our launch.

EDIT: @Fritze :: No offense taken - I'm expecting a lot of resistance and hate actually. I know my past is colorful and I may not be wanted here but I have matured, the software has matured, the programmers have been replaced, the marketing is way different for this, and the experience with the DAW is going to be our reset button - so I am thankful and humbled re any redeeming/explaining/apolagizing I have to do..
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:09 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Hey, have you upgraded to Windows 95 as well now, cool OS, isn't it? :hihi:

I'm pretty certain you wouldn't dare to say that face to face with Hr. Hermann Seib :D

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:19 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Why? He got a shotgun? :scared:
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:21 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Do SM plugins still create weird files in the VST folder? I remember I had them whenever I tried some SM plugin, files containing the names of waveforms...
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:34 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

I believe that's a dev's choice when exporting (you can check whether or not to include/produce dat wavetable files for quicker reference which I think might be what you're referring to) - I didn't know they produce files in your actual vst folder though as I've never seen that happen with these nor needed them with the way I setup the wav loaders). So no, you won't find any extra files produced from these. If someone finds otherwise pls let me know.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

9543 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:45 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Do SM plugins still create weird files in the VST folder? I remember I had them whenever I tried some SM plugin, files containing the names of waveforms...
Do you mean SEM, Synthedit module files?

EDIT: Found them, there are DAT files for wavetables, for example in the folders of the Synthmaker-made Angular Momentum synths...
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:50 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

SynthEdit is a different software altogether this is SynthMaker/FlowStone. I looked at SE too when trying to find something to help me build these out without going C++ but SynthMaker seemed more robust and not as deep of a learning curve (still deep though).

EDIT: You got it.
Last edited by Norbz on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:52 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Do SM plugins still create weird files in the VST folder? I remember I had them whenever I tried some SM plugin, files containing the names of waveforms...
Do you mean SEM, Synthedit module files?

EDIT: Found them, there are DAT files for wavetables, for example in the folders of the Synthmaker-made Angular Momentum synths...

http://www.synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=7253
DrewDale
KVRian

628 posts since 14 Jan, 2014, from The North.

Postby DrewDale; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:53 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Nice one, thanks for sharing :tu:
:tu: All is good
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

9543 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:53 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:SynthEdit is a different software altogether this is SnythMaker/FlowStone. I looked at SE too when trying to find something to help me build these out without going C++ but SnythMaker seemed more robust and not as deep of a learning curve (still deep though).
Doesn't Synthmaker also have better GUI elements? The default Synthedit GUIs looks ugly...as ugly as all these Maize sampler VST...
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

I'm not sure how much control you have in SE over the GUI components, but my first 12 years in the industry I was a designer so I take pride in the GUI - - if SE allows you to create/import your own knobs/sliders/backgrounds/overlays etc. then I'm pretty sure you should be able to achieve the same in both and it would be up to the dev/design team?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments