Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

9362 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:00 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:SynthEdit is a different software altogether this is SynthMaker/FlowStone. I looked at SE too when trying to find something to help me build these out without going C++ but SynthMaker seemed more robust and not as deep of a learning curve (still deep though).

EDIT: You got it.

Currently I don't use any SM plugin, I guess they never became popular because the software was clearly more expensive than SE. I do have the Angular Momentum Freehand, but I never use it. It doesn't sound better than my SE stuff.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:02 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:I'm not sure how much control you have in SE over the GUI components, but my first 12 years in the industry I was a designer so I take pride in the GUI - - if SE allows you to create/import your own knobs/sliders/backgrounds/overlays etc. then I'm pretty sure you should be able to achieve the same in both and it would be up to the dev/design team?

Yes, I guess it all depends on the developer's knowledge and effort...

This is pretty good for SE :)
http://rekkerd.org/img/201311/tubeohm_p ... closed.jpg
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

9543 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:05 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Anyway, I'm anxious to see how the new DubTurbo looks like in 2015!

But don't make the marketing too serious, though! A little humor goes a long way! Without all these crazy, funny videos nobody would know DubTurbo! :wink:
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:10 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Norbz wrote:SynthEdit is a different software altogether this is SynthMaker/FlowStone. I looked at SE too when trying to find something to help me build these out without going C++ but SynthMaker seemed more robust and not as deep of a learning curve (still deep though).

Currently I don't use any SM plugin, I guess they never became popular because the software was clearly more expensive than SE. I do have the Angular Momentum Freehand, but I never use it. It doesn't sound better than my SE stuff.
But is there a (free) Synthedit synth where you can draw your own waveforms? I always liked AM Freehand because you can draw your own waveforms and see how they sound, it's a great learning synth! But I never used it in my songs, I don't even know why, maybe because sometimes there's too much phasing?
Norbz
KVRist

183 posts since 26 Jun, 2014, from Toronto

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:13 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Such is true, and thank you.

It's still a mish mash in my brain re how to not let 5 years of marketing go to waste without some type of transition and a semi-new brand.. Definitely no more bizarre campaigns and no more anonymous people representing the brand for incentive but yes I do want to 'not start over' and would rather a great comeback story be realized so however we do it - it's going to be a professional approach.

Here's a quick mockup of some of the new screenies actually and a video showcasing our history/future ::

DT history ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OStEicKvOm8

These still might change quite a bit and eventually it will be themeable and or we'll hold a contest to have our users create a few great skins.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:22 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:

But is there a (free) Synthedit synth where you can draw your own waveforms? I always liked AM Freehand because you can draw your own waveforms and see how they sound, it's a great learning synth! But I never used it in my songs, I don't even know why, maybe because sometimes there's too much phasing?

Exactly, it is good for getting an idea what certain shapes sound like. but beyond that there is something missing. It sounds a bit sterile and thin to me.

I guess you could do the wave drawing thing in the free version of Mulab as well.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:29 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:Image
Looks quite promising, remembers me a bit of FLStudio! :tu:

But don't forget to add some serious tools for beat makers, groove tools etc.!
Chopper
KVRAF

1821 posts since 26 Nov, 2005, from Where silence and chaos meet.

Postby Chopper; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:52 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Isn't Bootsie (Variety of Sound) use Synthmaker? I know he is coding his own C++ modules or something, but still, it shows a lot about what can be done with it.....
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:59 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Chopper wrote:Isn't Bootsie (Variety of Sound) use Synthmaker? I know he is coding his own C++ modules or something, but still, it shows a lot about what can be done with it.....
From what I've read, Ruby can be used for custom code in Flowstone?

http://www.dsprobotics.com/flowstone.html
Xenos
KVRAF

2413 posts since 9 Mar, 2004, from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Postby Xenos; Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:57 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Hi Norbz,

Thanks for the goodies :). Downloading now...I should be able to build a collection of good patches for you to possibly include in Sindrone and Romploid. I do a lot of work for Native Instruments, so you can trust they won't be just filler.

Anyhow, I hear ya about past mistakes when running a business. There's a lot to learn, and it's nothing like working for someone else. My brand has been around for 6 years and I made a few gaffe's myself, but the key to recovering from those mistakes is in acknowledging the weaknesses and fixing them to the best of your ability. Trust me, you do that and things will definitely turn around in time. On the plus side, if it wasn't for the overhyped marketing, I wouldn't have known about DubTurbo.
VST SOUNDBANKS FOR SALE ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Z3ta AALTO Massive HIVE Zebra DIVA Predator RAZOR Sylenth BLUE Retrologue etc
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

@ Tricky-Loops :: Thank you. It was supposed to 'not grow too much' for our first release, and it currently has over 2000 modules/components to flesh out not including crazy mods/effects/these vst's so we're going to be on a feature release sched over the year - and hopefully somewhere in there we also get recognized by some great vst/au programmers that can add to the arsenal.

@ Xenos :: Wow, kinda the last thing I expected I'm really humbled by your offer and would love to include any great presets (maybe I'll expand the preset max to mid xxx or is that overkill?) you provide.

I appreciate the kind words too and that you can relate - when your bizplan goes out the window and you become reactive to a sudden spike it pulls you everywhere. Now that it's been a while and normalized I've had a chance to become proactive again, acknowledge the blessing and curse I just went through, and do better this time :). This is going to be the biggest jam at the wall I'll be throwing to date re budget and time/resources and most of all experience on what not to do lol.
Sendy
KVRAF

5236 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:45 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Dubturbo stuff looking smart and professional? Now what are us 1337 audio geeks going to poke fun of? You've taken that away from us :cry:

Seriously, though, those GUIs look really good.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:31 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Haha. Thanks!

I'll say this :: Going over the stuff on forums and watching people absolutely destroy dubturbo during our little boom, certain things just made me howl and I think it's important to be able to laugh at yourself. So having said that, here's a few things from this forum that really got me gigglin', good job to the creators:

Referring to what to expect from our new interface.. I think..

Dub Turbo - Deluxe Produca Edition lolz

... . . .And the countless humor throughout in creative verbiage. I always kinda cringed seeing what was happening with the biz at certain points when it blew up but now am glad to be able to at least attempt a comeback and turn the hate to love.

Thanks to all of you for giving me a chance to make right here.
Last edited by Norbz on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arkmabat
KVRAF

3576 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:31 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:^ Yep - unfortunately I have a LOT of projects half done in SM (before they switched) so I wanted to wrap them up at least before taking on any new learning curves/updates. I'm still more right brained and creative not a programmer so it took a while to get the grasp of all this for me. Also why I'm calling on any talent that would like to explore a revshare/partnership with their C++/native VST/AU skills for our launch.

EDIT: @Fritze :: No offense taken - I'm expecting a lot of resistance and hate actually. I know my past is colorful and I may not be wanted here but I have matured, the software has matured, the programmers have been replaced, the marketing is way different for this, and the experience with the DAW is going to be our reset button - so I am thankful and humbled re any redeeming/explaining/apolagizing I have to do..

You could copy what image line did and change dubturbo's name for a new beginning.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9261 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:21 pm Re: Launched 5 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Fritze wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RsY12BbJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nsTC3ktdY

I didn't find my favourite advertisement video anymore. There was a cool black guy who was making funnie noises like brrrrrrr dubbbbb trrrrrbo..... He looked like a real beat makin producah gangstah..., nomasayin! :tu: :party:

Just WAHN Beat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvnhuy_xUk

You can't get no better return on your investment than that!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments