Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Xenos
KVRAF

2413 posts since 9 Mar, 2004, from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Postby Xenos; Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 am Re: Launched 7 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Hi Norbz,

Just letting you know I sent the Sindrone patches along with the list showing what the Osc 2 pitch for each patch is supposed to be.
VST SOUNDBANKS FOR SALE ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Z3ta AALTO Massive HIVE Zebra DIVA Predator RAZOR Sylenth BLUE Retrologue etc
chaosWyrM
KVRAF

1539 posts since 28 Apr, 2010, from NYC

Postby chaosWyrM; Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:58 am Re: Launched 6 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:@ Gamecat666 :: Thanks!

Yep, it's alive, it's real, and it's coming back strong :).

It's still a toss up re the name, I know it has a lot of bad buzz, but being in my shoes, would you really just push 5 years of marketing to the side? 70K users that know the name and many are still beginners that don't follow the forums/hate/etc. or never capped it out, and the many funnies/ups/downs we've had I'm having a hard time literally starting over with a totally new name discarding all this build up.

for what its worth...i think you should keep the name. i think a good strategy for a comeback would be to embrace all the negativity. use it to your advantage. im not really up on the entire dubturbo thing...but i remember all the hate and ridicule. everyone else will as well. theres no denying it happened...and if you tried it would make things worse.

so instead...use the humility and humor demonstrated in this thread as the basis of the comeback. everyone loves a good comeback story...make your weakness a strength. dont shy away from the chequered past of dubturbo...use it as a springboard.

just my $.02
ImageImageImage
Norbz
KVRist

183 posts since 26 Jun, 2014, from Toronto

Postby Norbz; Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:43 pm Re: Launched 7 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

@Xenos :: thank you again! I'll go over them and integrate :) Hopefully I don't muck them up.

@ChaosWyrM :: You wrapped up my thinking well, I do indeed go over this with a "let's say I 'meant to' make the industry hate me and put myself here, why would I do that and how can I use this as a big comeback campaign".. So thanks and I tend to keep falling towards the 'comeback story' approach as well. Spoofing our spoofs and as you say using our weakness as a strength in creative ways to spring back into the game strong and transparent.

Next tool(s) ::
I know SM/SE isn't that much better or different than Maize however at least that let's me build out mac and pc 32+64bit so the next tool(s) I'm working on are going to be done with it. Funny, I look around and many of the tools are indeed maize (I can almost tell RIGHT AWAY by the default keyboard and standard feature set).

**I also started to link back to all sites that are featuring this on the bottom of our splash page, most of the links stemmed from me posting here so thank you and drop me a line if you link and I don't catch it in my logs.
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:03 pm Re: Launched 7 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Hi guys,

Took a back seat re developing more VST's as we're pretty darn close with our DAW overhaul.

First build Alpha looks like it will be ready shortly and with some luck a public release in March.

Did a video to show some developer/backend things a build like this goes through and to highlight some of the features we weren't going to launch with but we've managed to get them in there for Alpha (namely vst support, midi controllers, effects rack).

I'm going to make a separate thread once we're ready for release but wanted to get some feedback re:

Protection :: What is the perfect balance for FreeTrial limitations in your opinion? Not being able to save tracks? intermittent beeps? No export but all features ready?? We'd like to find a balance that doesn't piss people off, but makes them want to grab a license to finish/export/master their creations and I'm sure a LOT of you have both had to protect your releases or are end users that give up on stuff due to their overboard limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ivPH5B6_o
Norbz
KVRist

Postby Norbz; Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 pm Re: Launched 7 VST(i)'s with more to come - DUBturbo freebies!

UPDATE :: Eleven more added, BIT-FX SUITE IS READY

Decided to finish up all the little bits and bytes and separated effects into a collection.. stuff you'll probably already have but may still find a few cools things to add to your folder.

Grab them all at: http://www.dubturbo.com/vstis-main/vsti/category-vsts

Cheers!
paterpeter
KVRAF

1712 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 pm Re: Launched 7 VST(i)'s with more to come - freebies!

Norbz wrote:
Protection :: What is the perfect balance for FreeTrial limitations in your opinion? Not being able to save tracks? intermittent beeps? No export but all features ready?? We'd like to find a balance that doesn't piss people off, but makes them want to grab a license to finish/export/master their creations and I'm sure a LOT of you have both had to protect your releases or are end users that give up on stuff due to their overboard limit

For a DAW, being able to save, but not to load again makes most sense. The user demos it, maybe makes a tune and is able to save it. Then, when he buys the full version, he can load his track and continue. This will make people use the demo more intensively, because nothing they do is lost. That way you get more time to show off your product.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments