Dope VST Bass Engine, any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you got synths like omnisphere, sampletank2, nexus2 etc.?

eg. 808 bass is doable everywhere but what about the other bass sounds?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

thanks a lot, well i passed to get this, i think i dont need it ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

There will be a Bass Engine CM version, that is released with the next issue at the end of April.

Looking forward to rev up the Bass Engine CM this coming Wednesday 8)

Except the VU meter, it looks like all the controls from the full version is in the CM version, there is actually additional LFO controls!

http://dopevst.com/?artist=bass-engine- ... p-hop-bass

The Sounds & Gears review is very informative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQTjN483BrI

It does the job and it's simple...

Downloaded the plug today, the file is 827MB, but the same sample content is included 4 times over, so the actual content is just below 300MB.

It includes 45 patches and 50 midi files.

So as the full version of Bass Engine comes with 300 pathces, it is there the limitation of the CM version lies I guess.

Caine123 wrote:thanks a lot, well i passed to get this, i think i dont need it ;).
I just saw this! :dog:

SampleScience wrote:
Caine123 wrote:thanks a lot, well i passed to get this, i think i dont need it ;).
i was still subbing this topic! thanks for posting the vid mate, it's still interesting but what do you and others say if you got omnisphere etc. those basssounds should be made easily in any synth i guess?

Caine123 wrote:
SampleScience wrote:
i was still subbing this topic! thanks for posting the vid mate, it's still interesting but what do you and others say if you got omnisphere etc. those basssounds should be made easily in any synth i guess?
You probably can do everything with Omnisphere and other synths, but it's not in the same price range. BassEngine is targeting hip hop producers who wants a particular sound for their track instantly. I have their BeatMachine CM edition and it sounds pretty good for what it is (a hip hop drum module). Still, I think that 99$ for BassEngine is a bit expensive.

Caine123 wrote:i was still subbing this topic! thanks for posting the vid mate, it's still interesting but what do you and others say if you got omnisphere etc. those basssounds should be made easily in any synth i guess?
After trying out the CM plug, my conclusion is that Bass Engine is a multi-sampled rompler, with (unfortunately) few controls to shape the sample content.

Sounds OK though, so if bass heavy hip-hop ready sounds is what you are after it will do the job.

Return to “Instruments”