Where are the downloaded files from the Arturia downloader?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've already installed the new collection on my studio's computer and want to install them now at home too.

Buuuut... holy moly... their servers are slooow... :help:

So I stopped the download for now. But shouldn't I have them on the other computer? Are the downloaded files saved somewhere? I can't find them.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

deft_bonz wrote:I've already installed the new collection on my studio's computer and want to install them now at home too.

So I stopped the download for now. But shouldn't I have them on the other computer? Are the downloaded files saved somewhere? I can't find them.
I had the same experience.
If you download the files individually from your account they are MUCH faster.
Yes, it is a pain but not nearly as slow.

As far as where the download files are on your computer from the down-loader, I couldn't find them.
It seems to download and attempt to install, if you dont install it seems to erase them.

I could be wrong but I couldn't find them on my computer.

PatchAdamz wrote: I had the same experience.
If you download the files individually from your account they are MUCH faster.
Yes, it is a pain but not nearly as slow.

As far as where the download files are on your computer from the down-loader, I couldn't find them.
It seems to download and attempt to install, if you dont install it seems to erase them.

I could be wrong but I couldn't find them on my computer.
Yes, it is a bit faster... but nowhere it should be. Strange that they erase those files again. At least I couldn't find them too. I mean this way they could save bandwidth, which seems to be an issue there ;)

deft_bonz wrote:I've already installed the new collection on my studio's computer and want to install them now at home too.

Here at Windows 7 64-bit the downloads (also from teh Arturia Software Center) are usually saved at:
c:\Users\*YourName*\Downloads

In the Arturia software Center you could also just go to the Preferences/Account page (the tab with the "Gear-wheel" symbols) and click on "Open Downloads folder".
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Did that, but the files were gone :(

deft_bonz wrote:Did that, but the files were gone :(
Right, also no files in those locations (or any others).

I got all my files setup finally.
At least the advantage to downloading them individually is you can back them up properly.

Good luck!

They are temp files that get deleted as far as I can tell.

Downloading them individually goes much faster. Got them all, while ASC was still downloading the 4th of 13. Looks like ASC is somehow slows down the possible speed.

I also don´t find the files on my system. :-(

Yes, they got deleted. After downloading them individually from the page (Updates & Manuals, see bottom of the home page), I backupped them for myself so I won't need to redownload them again for further installations.

Installed those "updates", opened ASC, logged in and activation went flawlessly and easily.

IMO don't use the Arturia WelcomeApp installer- it downloads each installer one at a time, and deletes them after installation. Use Arturia Software Centre instead and completely ignore WelcomeApp. ASC downloads installers concurrently, downloads can be paused, installers are downloaded to your downloads folder where you can keep them to install on other machines, and you can install and activate your instruments in one swoop (or when you feel like it). Just install ASC, login with your Arturia account and take it from there. Works for upgrading from Collection V 3 as well - no browser needed :)

Davifol wrote:IMO don't use the Arturia WelcomeApp installer- it downloads each installer one at a time, and deletes them after installation. Use Arturia Software Centre instead and completely ignore WelcomeApp. ASC downloads installers concurrently, downloads can be paused, installers are downloaded to your downloads folder where you can keep them to install on other machines, and you can install and activate your instruments in one swoop (or when you feel like it). Just install ASC, login with your Arturia account and take it from there. Works for upgrading from Collection V 3 as well - no browser needed :)
Reading your post, now I realize, that ASC and the WelcomeApp are a different thing. That's why I was confused when suddenly the files weren't deleted after installation on a second machine, silly me :dog:

Return to “Instruments”