The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
audiothing
KVRian

1243 posts since 13 Apr, 2011
crystalmsc wrote:Installation went smooth here, love the new look and features. This is what I've been missing from the MT-32, a simple synth with an inner-child spirit but with a decent interface.

Thank you! I'm glad you like the new look :)
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
audiothing
KVRian

Guenon wrote:Lovely little synth, but badly needs PWM. The stepper and the other retro aesthetics are already there, so PWM would gloriously allow that particular 8 bit vibe.

Caine123 wrote:why is no PWM in there?

I know, unfortunately due to the internal architecture of the wavetable, it won't be easy to do. I'll see what I can do for the next update.
Caine123
KVRAF

5242 posts since 5 Aug, 2009
audiothing wrote:
Guenon wrote:Lovely little synth, but badly needs PWM. The stepper and the other retro aesthetics are already there, so PWM would gloriously allow that particular 8 bit vibe.

Caine123 wrote:why is no PWM in there?

I know, unfortunately due to the internal architecture of the wavetable, it won't be easy to do. I'll see what I can do for the next update.

:tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
VSTj
KVRer

14 posts since 30 May, 2018, from Rouen, FRANCE
Hello! I would like to inform you that I have just published a review of the new version of miniBit: I hope that it will help Carlo to sell some more copies
Thomas Jaëck is a French musician inspired by the pioneers of electronic music of the 70's & early 80's. He loves vintage synths & computers, retro sci-fi movies & modern architecture: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZritIdJGbgaAXXOStTFLMQ
VSTj
KVRer

mcbpete wrote:The Samplerate labeling is a bit weird - It looks like it goes from 1x Oversampling to 50x Oversampling, but obviously it's actually doing 1x sample-rate to 1/50th sample-rate. Trying to think of a better label so the orientation of the controls still make sense: 'Samplerate Reduce' ? 'Downsampling'? 'Resampler' ?

To be consistent, you should also change the corresponding label in the sequencer: "s.rate" could become "dwn.sp"
Thomas Jaëck is a French musician inspired by the pioneers of electronic music of the 70's & early 80's. He loves vintage synths & computers, retro sci-fi movies & modern architecture: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZritIdJGbgaAXXOStTFLMQ
audiothing
KVRian

VSTj wrote:Hello! I would like to inform you that I have just published a review of the new version of miniBit: I hope that it will help Carlo to sell some more copies

I've finally found the time to reply! Thank you :)
Just in case, this is the link if anyone else is interested: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/minibi ... ng/reviews

VSTj wrote:
mcbpete wrote:The Samplerate labeling is a bit weird - It looks like it goes from 1x Oversampling to 50x Oversampling, but obviously it's actually doing 1x sample-rate to 1/50th sample-rate. Trying to think of a better label so the orientation of the controls still make sense: 'Samplerate Reduce' ? 'Downsampling'? 'Resampler' ?

To be consistent, you should also change the corresponding label in the sequencer: "s.rate" could become "dwn.sp"

Ah! That's true! Thanks for the heads up.
VSTj
KVRer

Thanks for your reading. I know it's not much but it took a lot of work (choosing the right words and especially translating French into English). I spent almost all my free time writing this review for a week! :roll:
royosho
KVRist

52 posts since 12 Oct, 2017
I'm demoing minibit and was wondering whether it's possible to change the sequence length. To loop a 3 note chord for example, or to only loop once to create an octave pluck at the start of each note etc etc. I think it could be a useful feature and would make minibit much more versatile.
audiothing
KVRian

royosho wrote:I'm demoing minibit and was wondering whether it's possible to change the sequence length. To loop a 3 note chord for example, or to only loop once to create an octave pluck at the start of each note etc etc. I think it could be a useful feature and would make minibit much more versatile.

Yes, we are currently testing a new version with new features, including the option to change the stepper length.

If you want to test it, please contact us.
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 am Re: miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - Update v1.5.1 + miniVerb

Update v1.5.1
We've updated miniBit to version 1.5.1!
You can download the update from your user area.

• Added: Global Volume Boost
  • Added: Pitch Bend Range (Up/Down)
  • Added: Sequencer Steps Amount
  • Added: Online Authorisation Form
  • Fixed: Random stuck notes in Pro Tools
  • Fixed: Sequencer Waveform track bug
  • Fixed: Digital Performer Plugin Validation Error
  • Improved: Partial support for Retina/HiDPI displays
Please note: this update is 64bit only! We have dropped support for 32bit and older operating systems. New minimum requirements: Windows 7 and OS X 10.7.
If you want to read more about our decision, please check out our blog.

We have also released a new plugin: miniVerb! Free for anyone who already purchased miniBit.
Check your account to download your copy!
It's also free for anyone who will purchase miniBit until the end of the month.
dangayle
KVRian

662 posts since 29 Mar, 2014
Jamming on it now. Super sweet, lofi reverb/delay thing. I love it.

Here's an example I made, first with the reverb off then on:

https://clyp.it/aewmd12x
dangayle
KVRian

662 posts since 29 Mar, 2014
audiothing wrote:Update v1.5.1
We've updated miniBit to version 1.5.1!
You can download the update from your user area.

• Added: Global Volume Boost
  • Added: Pitch Bend Range (Up/Down)
  • Added: Sequencer Steps Amount
  • Added: Online Authorisation Form
  • Fixed: Random stuck notes in Pro Tools
  • Fixed: Sequencer Waveform track bug
  • Fixed: Digital Performer Plugin Validation Error
  • Improved: Partial support for Retina/HiDPI displays
Please note: this update is 64bit only! We have dropped support for 32bit and older operating systems. New minimum requirements: Windows 7 and OS X 10.7.
If you want to read more about our decision, please check out our blog.

We have also released a new plugin: miniVerb! Free for anyone who already purchased miniBit.
Check your account to download your copy!
It's also free for anyone who will purchase miniBit until the end of the month.

Any chance at getting an lfo for the pitch shift?
Halonmusic
KVRAF

1547 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm Re: miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - Update v1.5.1 + miniVerb

Cool! Nice update. :)
bobhva
KVRist

115 posts since 8 Mar, 2016, from USA
I love that you keep updating your plugins and don't just take the "it's good enough" attitude that many developers do. Thanks for the free miniVerb plugin also. I really like this cool little grungy reverb with it's retro sound and it's simple interface.
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 pm Re: miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - Update v1.5.1 + miniVerb

dangayle wrote:Jamming on it now. Super sweet, lofi reverb/delay thing. I love it.

Here's an example I made, first with the reverb off then on:

https://clyp.it/aewmd12x

That's cool thanks for sharing!

dangayle wrote:Any chance at getting an lfo for the pitch shift?

Unfortunately not at the moment. I want to keep this one really simple.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments