miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - v1.6.5 - Custom Waveform Editor!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniBit

bobhva wrote:I love that you keep updating your plugins and don't just take the "it's good enough" attitude that many developers do.
+1

Carlo aka Audiothing is a hard-working dev who is very generous to his customers! :D

Halonmusic wrote:Cool! Nice update. :)
Thank you, enjoy! :)
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

bobhva wrote:I love that you keep updating your plugins and don't just take the "it's good enough" attitude that many developers do. Thanks for the free miniVerb plugin also. I really like this cool little grungy reverb with it's retro sound and it's simple interface.
Russell Grand wrote:+1
Carlo aka Audiothing is a hard-working dev who is very generous to his customers! :D
Thank you guys! I know the feeling of seeing abandoned products. Updates are as important as new releases :)

Russell Grand wrote:
bobhva wrote:I love that you keep updating your plugins and don't just take the "it's good enough" attitude that many developers do.
+1

A definite +1
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
+1

A definite +1
:party:

Awesome.

Months ago I organized a Chiptune workshop. For the next time, I'll check this little one, for sure. Great job!
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote:Awesome.

Months ago I organized a Chiptune workshop. For the next time, I'll check this little one, for sure. Great job!
Chiptune workshop? That's awesome :) Let me know if you are going to use miniBit/miniVerb next time.

I tried the new update... it still isn't possible to loop a 3 note triad arpeggio, something essential imo. And there isn't really a work around because there's an even number of steps not divisible by 3. The solution I'd suggest without changing too much is allowing the user to change the length of the entire sequence (instead of messing with individual note timings), then in conjunction with the time signature changer, it'd be possible to create any arpeggio... but all I think a chiptuner really requires is the ability to create a 3 note arpeggio... a normal chord.

The other feature I'd say would seal the deal for most chiptune producers is adding a sequencer row for turning on and off glide on each click. Then it'd be possible to glide some notes, instead of all or none. Very useful and both of these techniques I implement in almost every chiptune song I write with famitracker and lsdj. However both trackers aren't really utilizing the possibilities of modern music production, and since minibit is a vst and has alot of opportunity, I think it has alot of potential. And not to say potential as if it isn't already awesome. It's definitely already succeeded at being one of the best chiptune vstis around, there's just a couple of additional features I think could make it beyond useful.

royosho wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 pm I tried the new update... it still isn't possible to loop a 3 note triad arpeggio, something essential imo.
We have actually added this feature in v1.5.1. For now it's in the option menu (click on the three-lines button in the top right corner), in Sequencer Steps you can decide how many steps you want.
royosho wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 pmThe other feature I'd say would seal the deal for most chiptune producers is adding a sequencer row for turning on and off glide on each click.
That would be cool indeed, I'll think about it.

audiothing wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:56 am
royosho wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 pm I tried the new update... it still isn't possible to loop a 3 note triad arpeggio, something essential imo.
We have actually added this feature in v1.5.1. For now it's in the option menu (click on the three-lines button in the top right corner), in Sequencer Steps you can decide how many steps you want.
royosho wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 pmThe other feature I'd say would seal the deal for most chiptune producers is adding a sequencer row for turning on and off glide on each click.
That would be cool indeed, I'll think about it.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Words aren't enough to express my emotions at the moment :tu: Suffice to say, "sold". I was gonna buy from a big corporate sample-based synth company and instead I'm going with minibit, thanks a bunch!

Regarding glide, I was actually thinking that instead of toggling glide, sequencing the speed of glide could be useful to create unique pitch bends for individual notes for guitar-like bends at different intervals. In addition to sequencing arpeggio pitch modulation, minibit could sequence smooth pitch bend modulation utilizing glide speed parameters. Could be cool.

I'm really impressed with your work. Thank you! Amazing product!

royosho wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm:clap: :clap: :clap: Words aren't enough to express my emotions at the moment :tu: Suffice to say, "sold". I was gonna buy from a big corporate sample-based synth company and instead I'm going with minibit, thanks a bunch!
Thank you and enjoy miniBit (and miniVerb!) :)

I'll definitely think about the glide thing. Yes, having the amount would make definitely more sense.

Thanks, Miniverb is awesome too! The suggested settings from the product page are helpful. I'm creating my first chiptune album with Minibit and Miniverb. The hidden pitch envelope of Minibit was an awesome find. The plugin looks simple, however envelope + sequencer + lfo options for chiptunes is really versatile. Tons of really nice sounding waveforms too, from multiple eras of chiptune synthesis. 10/10

royosho wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:25 am Thanks, Miniverb is awesome too! The suggested settings from the product page are helpful. I'm creating my first chiptune album with Minibit and Miniverb. The hidden pitch envelope of Minibit was an awesome find. The plugin looks simple, however envelope + sequencer + lfo options for chiptunes is really versatile. Tons of really nice sounding waveforms too, from multiple eras of chiptune synthesis. 10/10
Thank you for your feedback! I'm working on a new update with some new features, glide row in the step sequencer and custom waveform editor! And of course some bug fixes...
Here's a sneak peek of the custom waveform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFMj_ko6co4

How cool! Audiothing is really an impressive developer. Filterjam was one of my favorite freebies and I'm glad to support such a proactive, down-to-earth company with excellent quality products. :tu:

--

Return to “Instruments”