Oh, but that's not news. Dagnabbit.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

They are folding up shop in two weeks
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

They are now in the artificial intelligence business... Spectrabionics announcement coming soon.

I think they are busy working on a Steam version of RMX 2 (I hope) :D

The standard Spectrasonics response is:

- We're all still here and really busy
- We're working really hard on awesome stuff
- We have no announcements at this time

Year after year after year... It undermines the confidence of the consumer when a company doesn't release any new products for years and years - the company is forgotten about and written off until something actually happens.

I realise that it's difficult writing complex software with limited resources and comprehensive sound design, but it almost feels to us like Spectrasonics are dead at this point. I thought finally late this year we'd get some announcements but no, *another* year has gone past and still nothing.

Their products are great, and no doubt when they finally do emerge from their product hibernation labs what they have will be really cool, but until then.... a big fat nothing... Even Eric doesn't seem to contribute to an online presence any more, partly due to being busy and I'm sure partly to avoid people asking what the heck is happening with them...

I don't usually care about updates unless there's a bug, but it sure has been a long time. After a while you just want to give them a nudge to make sure they're still breathing.

Maybe they work for other companies now
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

superscan wrote:It's been a pretty long time. Even the twitter feeds have gone cold. :(

Can't be - I still get retweets by them at least twice a day.
And yesterday, I logged into my account to snag v1.9c of StylusRMX (whenever that hit - lost track), not to mention that Omnisphere is still running strong.

Chances are we "might" see something next NAMM, chances are we may not.

I don't really care at this point - their tools are still running, and even after all these years with RMX, I still discover something new. It's like hardware that automatically maintains itself, and once you dug through another layer of this thing, you're treated with some more cool stuff to keep you company for the next years.

And looking at Eric Persing's history with hardware... well... just do the math.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

spirit wrote: After a while you just want to give them a nudge to make sure they're still breathing.
:lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

beely wrote:The standard Spectrasonics response is:

- We're all still here and really busy
- We're working really hard on awesome stuff
- We have no announcements at this time

Year after year after year... It undermines the confidence of the consumer when a company doesn't release any new products for years and years - the company is forgotten about and written off until something actually happens.

I realise that it's difficult writing complex software with limited resources and comprehensive sound design, but it almost feels to us like Spectrasonics are dead at this point.
For me, that's just an indicator that people expect foruming, twittering, facebooking and what not these days, to see "something is going on". I'm sure they are indeed there, and busy, and working hard on awesome stuff. ;) Why is that so important anyway? Is their software buggy? Do you feel you're bored with their stuff, and want something new? As far as it's written here: https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... atures.php Omnisphere comes with 40 GB sample library. Dunno, but that would probably keep me busy for a lifetime... actually i don't think i'd do more than scratch the surface though.

chk071 wrote:For me, that's just an indicator that people expect foruming, twittering, facebooking and what not these days, to see "something is going on".
No, it's not that. Look,, if Native Instruments hadn't released a *single* new product or major upgrade... or anything, for five years, you'd think something was a bit weird, no..?
chk071 wrote:I'm sure they are indeed there, and busy, and working hard on awesome stuff. ;) Why is that so important anyway? Is their software buggy? Do you feel you're bored with their stuff, and want something new?
No, it's not that. None of this is about the quality of their talent, or products. Yes, I'm a Spectrasonics user and love their stuff (although RMX is a little dated in usability terms). It's simply that it's been too long - and Eric has already posted a year or so ago they he thought they messed up a little by doing something big which takes too long to get to market, rather than spreading things about (I forget the location of that post but it's around) for exactly the reasons outlined.

We love their stuff, and we want more of it. It's like having a best friend you love to see drop off the face of the earth for years - you just miss them, and would really love them to pop round for a catch up... ;)

Er, I haven't bothered to reload RMX for 2 computers now. I found it to be too much a loop oriented - cut and paste approach - even with the kit mode and effect options. I think I paid like $399. for it... which would buy me a whole lot of stuff in the current DAW landscape. I would simply like to get some use from it. Please.

:neutral:

We should also remember just how far "ahead of the curve" they were when they actually released their current products.. there are other companies still in the process of updating their products for 64-bit, for example ;).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Return to “Instruments”