Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Luftrum wrote:OMFG!! I just noticed. I'm in shock, I cannot even enter the backend where dev's and SD's talk, WTF! I have no clue whatsoever... this is sad.

:( :o

Wow, even sound designers didn't know a thing?! I hope Ben is alive... Another sadly negative thought but: perhaps this is why ugo posted the sticky in CA forum about backing up our downloads, instead of Ben? Because something happened to Ben?
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote:One thing I can say is... piracy is not the cause of this decision. CA was well off...

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04821 ... ny-summary
Want to go into a little more detail with this? Says you have to buy the report.

edit: I notice it says Ben is the only owner. I REALLY hope he is OK. I couldn't care less about anything else really. I mean I am happy with the software the way it is.
Last edited by ATS on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

This is really bad news and a real shock. Alchemy 2 was coming along very nicely.

I really hope everybody at Camel Audio are okay and that this isn't due to some tragedy. :(

Whatever it is I have only well wishes for all at Camel Audio! Was looking very much forward to creating awesome presets for Alchemy 2.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

EvilDragon wrote:Another sadly negative thought but: perhaps this is why ugo posted the sticky in CA forum about backing up our downloads, instead of Ben? Because something happened to Ben?
That's what worried me.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Alchemy 2 was coming along very nicely
Is this from first hand experience?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

jbuonacc wrote:somebody just posted this on the GS forum:

"I just pulled their accounts from Companies House, thinking they might have run into trouble. They had a reasonable amount of cash in the bank, although they were small enough to only have to file abbreviated accounts, which more or less ruled out that theory unless something really bad happened in the past nine months.

However, the SH01 form, which updates the information on who holds the shares was filed with today's date and is not yet available electronically. So, an IP sale seems likely, particularly as the circumstances are very similar to the Apple purchase of Redmatica's IP: so long guys, thanks for all the fish; here are some download links; use them before we switch off the server."
If the IP is to be sold, please don't let Izotope buy it.

link to that forum?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

EvilDragon wrote:
Luftrum wrote:OMFG!! I just noticed. I'm in shock, I cannot even enter the backend where dev's and SD's talk, WTF! I have no clue whatsoever... this is sad.

:( :o

Wow, even sound designers didn't know a thing?! I hope Ben is alive... Another sadly negative thought but: perhaps this is why ugo posted the sticky in CA forum about backing up our downloads, instead of Ben? Because something happened to Ben?
We had absolutely no warning at all. No email, nothing. Just got home from abroad and wanted to log into the camelhut and start working on my Alchemy 2 presets again.. couldn't login so I came here to see what's up.

I really seriously hope nobody is hurt. This kind of sudden shutdown is not the style of the awesome guys at Camel Audio. I really truly fear that something bad has happened. :(

mysticvibes wrote:link to that forum?
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10701434-post9.html

mysticvibes wrote:
Yes. I'm probably not allowed to say much but I can confirm that Alchemy 2 was extremely promising.

Don't you think a more in-depth statement would have been a better way to handle this situation, whatever it is? This is just way too abrupt...

What a sad news..hope all the people are fine. Camel Audio is one of the greatest and this is beyond my imagination :(
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

EvilDragon wrote:Don't you think a more in-depth statement would have been a better way to handle this situation, whatever it is? This is just way too abrupt...
With such a strong user base it just seems so strange it's happened so abruptly. Surely if there was a tragedy of some kind we would know. Maybe the IP has been sold like people are speculating and they can't say anything more yet?

bmanic wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
Yes. I'm probably not allowed to say much but I can confirm that Alchemy 2 was extremely promising.
Agree, and +1000 to that!
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Just to end the wilder examples of speculation here, Ben has not died.

Return to “Instruments”