Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Teksonik wrote:
Pacific05 wrote: Good news for registered users... but from another perspective am i the only one to be disappointed? They reply to resell request and don't say a word about this weird situation?
But on the other hand you could say that the fact they are allowing any license transfers could be considered good news and a sign that all is not lost......... :)
True.

I'm hoping so (and I'm going to look for some second hand library, maybe :D ). What a strange behaviour, though...

There also now seems an option to save your mobile purchases. Not the best way but.....

Someone posted it in another forum:

In the "Camel Audio Closes Shop" thread on Synthtopia, a user named Graham posted this:

""If you are like me and have a number of libraries for the iOS version, the folks at Camel Audio have provided me with the instructions on how to back up your libraries so they won’t be lost in case of a crash or buying a new iDevice:

“We are currently working on a few ways to back up iOS libraries so that you’ll be able to reinstall them in the future. For now, you can use a free desktop app called ‘iFunbox.

Note: Song files will need to be backed up separately via iCloud or Dropbox.

Backing up using iFunbox (http://www.i-funbox.com):

1) Connect your device to your computer

2) In iFunbox, expand ‘User Applications’ using the disclosure arrow (circled below)

3) Go to Alchemy / Library and drag and drop the ‘Private Documents’ folder to the backup location on your computer (in our example above, we’ve created a folder called ‘iFunbox Backup’. This could take a few minutes depending on how many libraries you have saved on your iOS device

4) Next, highlight ‘User Applications’, to see a grid of your installed application icons.

5) Right click Alchemy and select ‘Backup to .ipa package’ -> ‘Without Personal Data’

6) It makes sense to save it to the same place as the Private Documents folder.

Restoring Alchemy Mobile + Libraries From Backup Using iFunbox:

2) In iFunbox, select ‘Install App’ from the menu bar at the top of the window

3) Locate the .ipa file that iFunbox created when backing up the app

4) Double-click the .ipa file to install Alchemy to your device

5) Next, expand User Applications as above, and go to Alchemy/Library

6) Drag and drop the ‘Private Documents’ file across. If given the option to Replace or Merge, select ‘Merge’.

Hope this helps – thanks for your kind words, it’s really appreciated.”"

Teksonik wrote:At any rate I fear this thread will reach hundreds of pages before we know the whole story. I still think NAMM January 22-25 might be a clue.........
Maybe they'll reveal the whole story on April 1. :pray: Ha ha, suckers!!! :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

So in principle they allow transfers ... between now and July 7th it would be fair to assume.
The caveat being the buyer needs to have an account. Which could be quite an obstacle.

BUT. Presuming the interested party doesn't have an account of their own, the seller could sell them everything in the account. And also transfer ownership of the account to the buyer - via the methods described by TheoM (i.e simply changing the personal details in the account profile manually). All that would be left to do would be for Camel Audio support to acknowledge the transfer and update details associated with the account, if the manual changing of the details by the seller isn't sufficient on its own.

So no extra account is required. The seller owns no more CamelAudio products, so has no need for an account. The buyer has the account they need. I mean, Camel Audio are allowing transfers in principle, so why would this not be allowed ? They also allow the manual changing of account details.

Just sayin.

I own Alchemy and don't really plan to sell, though between now and July who knows how I might feel about it.

Someone said earlier why would anyone want to buy discontinued software... Well that's simple, because it's unique etc and works on your setup. I bought Spektral Delay in precisely this fashion i.e after it was discontinued, a considerable time after. But the transfer was facilitated by NI without any bureaucratic or administrative chicanery.

If support is operational, and I guess somebody from CA is reading this, then time for an FAQ on the homepage. That can be done without revealing whatever the big hush hush secret is.

96 page later I'm still a sad boy. Their expansions never have been cheap enough for me to get them all, and now I'm not sure how much money I can find to buy them even if they're on sale in marketplace. Why couldn't they do 1 last sale for us? I'm sure lots of us practically will throw money at them.

Man, what a bummer.

Cinebient wrote:There also now seems an option to save your mobile purchases. Not the best way but.....

Someone posted it in another forum:

In the "Camel Audio Closes Shop" thread on Synthtopia, a user named Graham posted this:

""If you are like me and have a number of libraries for the iOS version, the folks at Camel Audio have provided me with the instructions on how to back up your libraries so they won’t be lost in case of a crash or buying a new iDevice:

“We are currently working on a few ways to back up iOS libraries so that you’ll be able to reinstall them in the future. For now, you can use a free desktop app called ‘iFunbox.

Note: Song files will need to be backed up separately via iCloud or Dropbox.

Backing up using iFunbox (http://www.i-funbox.com):

2) In iFunbox, expand ‘User Applications’ using the disclosure arrow (circled below)

3) Go to Alchemy / Library and drag and drop the ‘Private Documents’ folder to the backup location on your computer (in our example above, we’ve created a folder called ‘iFunbox Backup’. This could take a few minutes depending on how many libraries you have saved on your iOS device

4) Next, highlight ‘User Applications’, to see a grid of your installed application icons.

5) Right click Alchemy and select ‘Backup to .ipa package’ -> ‘Without Personal Data’

6) It makes sense to save it to the same place as the Private Documents folder.

Restoring Alchemy Mobile + Libraries From Backup Using iFunbox:

2) In iFunbox, select ‘Install App’ from the menu bar at the top of the window

3) Locate the .ipa file that iFunbox created when backing up the app

4) Double-click the .ipa file to install Alchemy to your device

5) Next, expand User Applications as above, and go to Alchemy/Library

6) Drag and drop the ‘Private Documents’ file across. If given the option to Replace or Merge, select ‘Merge’.

Hope this helps – thanks for your kind words, it’s really appreciated.”"
Thank you for that!! 8)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

softska wrote:96 page later I'm still a sad boy. Their expansions never have been cheap enough for me to get them all, and now I'm not sure how much money I can find to buy them even if they're on sale in marketplace. Why couldn't they do 1 last sale for us? I'm sure lots of us practically will throw money at them.

Man, what a bummer.
If Camel Audio are the paragons of sainthood as some would have you believe, they may even set free the soundbanks to existing Alchemy owners. So perhaps hanging tight and seeing what happens may be the way to go, on that front.

I mean, if they're dropping support and the product line is dead anyway... why wouldn't they do that ?

: )

softska wrote:Why couldn't they do 1 last sale for us?
Probably because of legal/contractual confidentiality (i.e., the same reason we haven't heard anything from them yet, nor are we, as mere customers, privileged to their confidential information). :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Ts, it is said that men don`t talk much :lol: :lol: :lol: (I`m female :wink: )

I suppose (just a guess) at least 80% of the members here are male and I see it plain clear: It is a lie that men don`t talk much. Almost 100 pages in just a few days :lol: :clap:

That`s awesome. I will help you to make the 100 pages come true today and so I jumped in for to tell you my theory. You have forgotten one last possibility:

Camel Audio reaches the holy stage of Buddhahood (which is pretty clear to see here 8) ) and so they entered higher dimensions and we will need a priest for to get in contact with their spirits. Om.

:lol:

Okay, seriously: I`m not a consumer of Camel Audio products simply because I cannot buy everything at the same time and had other priorities until now, but I found it interesting to read this thread and I find it also shocking what happened. I feel sorry for their customers and hope that any explanation will come soon. I agree to some previous posts that in the end is all just business no matter how friendly the support was. I also would like to believe into the goodness of all human beings, but after watching the movie "Let`s make money" I`m a "bit" disaffected. I also bet it was a buyout.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

The suspense is killing me...

Mojo42 wrote:(I`m female :wink: )
Don't say this officially here! Otherwise you'll get at least 9,999 love letters every month from lonely sound designers... :P

After 96 pages full of sadness, irony, speculations etc. I came to a conclusion: this is a huge CA trick. They will launch Alchemy 2 on a new, shiny site and everyone will be happy like never before. :party:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Mojo42 wrote:(I`m female :wink: )
Don't say this officially here! Otherwise you'll get at least 9,999 love letters every month from lonely sound designers... :P
ill send mojo42 a love letter :hihi:

haha was showering and boom 3 more pages here.
and we still know nothing at all.

Pacific05 wrote:After 96 pages full of sadness, irony, speculations etc. I came to a conclusion: this is a huge CA trick. They will launch Alchemy 2 on a new, shiny site and everyone will be happy like never before. :party:
With a free upgrade for existing Alchemy owners.

Return to “Instruments”