Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

I am pretty sure the date of the 7th of July is about providing a legally acceptable amount of support to people who purchased the software just before apple bought them. There is not a specific amount defined in law so companies need to decide what is reasonable. So Camel may have said exactly 6 months after the company was purchased.
There isn't a 'legally acceptable amount' of support, as you go on to correct yourself. I'm glad we had the 6 months and the lights didn't go out on the first day as I'm terrible at keeping downloads well organised and backed up.

I think I've downloaded everything correctly, there is now an FAQ on the site about the installer being cranky. I found it seemed to work with most with the download only option disabled, and the ones that didn't work, once I tried downloading the aky file they then worked on the installer. YMMV. Going to do a clean install and test it all though, fingers crossed!

End of an era.

Happy i sold everything Camel Audio related by time. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Happy I bought everything Camel Audio in time. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Great when everyone is happy now! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

beely wrote:
Fleer wrote:Would be nice indeed. I ordered Logic Pro X a few weeks ago and it's on "back order".
??

LPX is a download from the AppStore, there is no "back order" or wait time, it's click and download...
Not when you order a custom package of Apple goodies. When you get your hardware delivered, you get your software coupon code. Only, I didn't. Yet.

elxsound wrote:
Michael L wrote:Yes we will be permanently cutoff from our account. Mobile (iTunes) accounts continue after 7July, but free mobile libraries that came with the desktop versions will not be updated via iTunes. Read the FAQs on backing up those mobile libraries to your computer and to new devices. They are quite detailed and involve using third party file manager software to move Alchemy files to/from your iPad.

For others who may not know, you can manually download your desktop and iPad mobile libraries from your CA account. Just click the [+] next to each library in your account. The FAQs describe where to put manually downloaded files so the installer sees them, and recommends using a download manager to avoid corruption if download is interrupted. You also need to download the installer and plugins, and be sure to download the latest presets.

Also, you can download small (~15MB) mp4 videos of the 12 Alchemy tutorials from the Tuts section.
A very big thank you! I didn't realize I could download the mobile libraries from the website. I had thought that would be the one thing I couldn't bring forward past the 7/7 date, since my current iPad is maxed on space.

:tu:
There are some "Mobile" libraries, but actually all the libraries can be used in the IOS Version. You need to have the Alchemy Player version of the soundbank: http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy_ ... emy_Mobile

About the tutorial videos: You can also download the bigger versions, e.g. http://www4.camelaudio.com/video/Tutori ... rowser.f4v instead of http://www4.camelaudio.com/video/Tutori ... -Small.mp4

The FLV file name is visible in the HTML source.

Ben H wrote:Happy I bought everything Camel Audio in time. ;)
happy i got every to work i do not buy. :hihi:

and im happy that Alchemy works on windows 10 too :P

My final accounts for Camel Audio ware:

Paid directly to Camel Audio: £22,56

Paid to second-hand sellers: €104,36

Well I've got all the archives on PC and Mac, installers, FAQ, whatever I could find. As for the remaining issues, well it's pretty much "Good night and good luck." Frankly, I never expected any better; people like to run away from big closing doors... :shrug:

CM Vault still will carry Alchemy Player

I got about 30GB of content for that Player which I haven't got round to downloading from CM Vault yet

The future looks HDD intensive :D

Tomgu wrote:
elxsound wrote:
Michael L wrote:Yes we will be permanently cutoff from our account. Mobile (iTunes) accounts continue after 7July, but free mobile libraries that came with the desktop versions will not be updated via iTunes. Read the FAQs on backing up those mobile libraries to your computer and to new devices. They are quite detailed and involve using third party file manager software to move Alchemy files to/from your iPad.

For others who may not know, you can manually download your desktop and iPad mobile libraries from your CA account. Just click the [+] next to each library in your account. The FAQs describe where to put manually downloaded files so the installer sees them, and recommends using a download manager to avoid corruption if download is interrupted. You also need to download the installer and plugins, and be sure to download the latest presets.

Also, you can download small (~15MB) mp4 videos of the 12 Alchemy tutorials from the Tuts section.
A very big thank you! I didn't realize I could download the mobile libraries from the website. I had thought that would be the one thing I couldn't bring forward past the 7/7 date, since my current iPad is maxed on space.

:tu:
There are some "Mobile" libraries, but actually all the libraries can be used in the IOS Version. You need to have the Alchemy Player version of the soundbank: http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy_ ... emy_Mobile

About the tutorial videos: You can also download the bigger versions, e.g. http://www4.camelaudio.com/video/Tutori ... rowser.f4v instead of http://www4.camelaudio.com/video/Tutori ... -Small.mp4

The FLV file name is visible in the HTML source.

Crazy that HD video is only in the source code, and not on the site strange. Well i'm downloading all now thanks.

and its almost over :borg: :hyper: :lol:

well technically it already has :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sayonara.... a sad ending.....

Thanks, Apple! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”