Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Maybe it's only me... I'm having a little annoyance with a couple of issues.

First, v2 is taking way longer than v1 when opening the GUI for the first time. It typically takes 4-10 seconds on each Omnisphere instance. The worst case was like 20-ish seconds. V1 only needed a fraction of a second.

Once the GUI comes up, opening it again (for the same instance) is instantaneous. Just the first GUI open of the instance is slow. May not be a huge deal, but it I have 10 instances of Omnisphere, it all adds up.
All drives are SSD. I have updated to the latest Omhisphere 2.0.3d / patch 2.0.1c, also have Trilian (updated to the latest too).
Any idea how to make the GUI open quicker?

The second thing that annoys me is the mouse wheel. In the browser, the wheel works nicely to scroll *down* the list. Although, the wheel cannot scroll the list *backwards*.

Probably hardware dependent. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 on Core i7 3770K, Cubase 8 pro 64, Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. I think this mouse has higher resolution than traditional mice, may report any granular & arbitrary wheel delta less than 120.
This wheel issue only repro's with Omnisphere, all other plugs or DAWs are fine with the backward scroll.
Actually, this is not quite new to v2, v1 had the same issue but I was hoping v2 has fixed it.

Anyone having the similar issues?

My PC config:
Core i7 3770K (HT on), ASUS P8Z77-M Pro, 32GB DDR3, all SSD drives, Windows 7 Pro 64, UA-55,
Cubase 8 Pro/64

EDIT: more config info added

Messing around with Innerspace and wound up making a cool sounding spacey drone patch "Space Factory"

https://soundcloud.com/voice303/space-factory

Really like the new granular engine and innerspace.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I've had problems with the patch browser. On random occasions it becomes unresponsive, I click on the category list and it doesn't select anything. There is a previously selected category but I can't select a new category. These possibly occurs ofter the vst has been open for a while.
It is one of those issues that is difficult to replicate.

I think I'll let you all beta test it for a few more months before I buy it :D
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Hmmm.....I haven't had one single technical issue with Omni 2 thus far in the 6 weeks straight that I've been using it. As far as I'm concerned, Omni 2 is perfect. :tu:

It works really great so far for me too since the beginning but the UI and loading times are really slow. Especially when loading first time an instance. But not the world's end of course :wink:

Cinebient wrote:It works really great so far for me too since the beginning but the UI and loading times are really slow. Especially when loading first time an instance. But not the world's end of course :wink:
Thanks, so it wasn't just me. That's right, it's not the end of the world, just annoying as slow GUI occurs once for every instance. Other than that (and the mouse wheel thing aside which is likely just me) v2 is great, indeed.

youdothemath-made-with-omnisphere-v2. Ends rather abruptly. Part of 22 minutes arp test.
https://soundcloud.com/joe-kingthethird ... part1-0359

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:can wt's be imported?
No. But 400 to choose from ain't too shabby.
Also I bet you could simulate a wavetable pretty well with the granular function by loading in a recording of a synth sweeping through a wavetable. Then sweeping through the audio with the granular.
nice :D Remind me to try this out when releases :)
Looks like someone recorded a video of doing exactly what I suggested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HdpWfMZW8s
The little video I made. The results are not so great. I hope Eric implemented make own wavetables.

A wavetable Editor (Audio Term) is already available. That interface for Omnisphere only missing, and 33 Waves for a wavetable should suffice.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

I must say I'm getting a little tired of seeing this guy. Over one minute to load some patches even V1 patches that were no problem in the V1 software. :?
And a delay on all GUI elements even tweaking FX.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lotus2035 wrote:I must say I'm getting a little tired of seeing this guy. Over one minute to load some patches even V1 patches that were no problem in the V1 software. :?
That's really strange. I've never seen that. What OS?

lotus2035 wrote:I must say I'm getting a little tired of seeing this guy. Over one minute to load some patches even V1 patches that were no problem in the V1 software. :?

Main GUI takes 15 secs to appear for *every* instantiation on my Mac 10.8.5, Live 9.2
PT 12.1 is less time but still...
It's my one complaint about Spectrasonics - they have consistently ignored any all requests to improve their plug-ins high GUI requirements.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

That's really strange. I've never seen that. What OS?
I'm on Windows 8 64bit, Cubase 8 64bit. The GUI problem comes and goes but loading certain patches is overall slower than the V1 software.

re_mute wrote:

Main GUI takes 15 secs to appear for *every* instantiation on my Mac 10.8.5, Live 9.2
PT 12.1 is less time but still...
It's my one complaint about Spectrasonics - they have consistently ignored any all requests to improve their plug-ins high GUI requirements.
For me it can take 30 secs to appear on first load up but after that it's fine.

Does anyone else use the raw analog waveform emulations like OB-X or MiniMoog for their primary synth work? I read somewhere on KVR that no one uses the analog classics/retro synthesizer presets in Omni. I own Omnisphere 1 & 2 and wouldn't want to spend money on the analog-kings like Diva or Arturia's stuff, but I'm really into that vintage and analog Tangerine Dream, Risky Business, etc. sound and I'm worried about the sound coming off as too digital. I mostly only use delay and tape FX on the patches. I've done some tweaking and ended up with some nice arpeggios and saws. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of ear for analog sound.

Return to “Instruments”