Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Aryaroman
KVRian

733 posts since 17 Feb, 2015

Postby Aryaroman; Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:07 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Pardon me for changing the subject now, but I'm listening to some of the new Luftrum Diva Synthwave demos and I can't help feeling once again that Omni's capabilities as a basic substractive virtual analog/digital synth are still quite under-appreciated, having personally worked with it since the release.
The patches I hear in the Luftrum demos are very nice and have a very analog and vintage tone, a testimony to Diva's capabilities, but I can say with confidence that Omni can achieve the same kind of tone and color very well. Maybe not better than a beast like Diva, or the best of the dedicated emulations, but even in a fairly simple mix and arrangement like synthwave songs tend to have, it can fare very well.

A DSP-waveform, some pitch fine-modulation, The Warm 24db/UVI-filter, Chorus, drift if in Unison (although I prefer Harmonia) and the specialty of Omni, a sampled synth waveform/sound to give the sound an interesting timbre, a good reverb and the vintage vibe is very strong with this one. :P
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29428 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:02 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Krakatau wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:Cheers! Now, that's a lot of stuff. Still, strange there isn't tons available, despite Omni's popularity.

likely because there's already such a flow of factory presets, i assume ...

Probably - but there are gaps - in the case of Voxworks I consciously set out to fill a gap in decent and interesting (to me) vocal based patches. Should do some more when I have time I guess.
Cinebient
KVRAF

3406 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:14 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

I think it could be great to make patches (especially multis and splits) with the new Keyscapes sound sources soon :D before there are thousands of them.
I also wanted to make and share some Omnisphere patches since a long time but yeah....there already so much and a lot good ones too already.
It's also too easy to create new patches with lock features, great sound sources etc.
But if you using own samples or new added sound sources it could be interesting again.
The new Luftrum 14 Omnisphere patches are great f.e.....if you like this style.
Aryaroman
KVRian

733 posts since 17 Feb, 2015

Postby Aryaroman; Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:30 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Cinebient wrote:I think it could be great to make patches (especially multis and splits) with the new Keyscapes sound sources soon :D before there are thousands of them.
I also wanted to make and share some Omnisphere patches since a long time but yeah....there already so much and a lot good ones too already.
It's also too easy to create new patches with lock features, great sound sources etc.
But if you using own samples or new added sound sources it could be interesting again.

Luftrum 14 sounds really great. I really like what Unfinished manages to get out of Omni.
Cinebient
KVRAF

3406 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:38 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Aryaroman wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I think it could be great to make patches (especially multis and splits) with the new Keyscapes sound sources soon :D before there are thousands of them.

Luftrum 14 sounds really great. I really like what Unfinished manages to get out of Omni.

Yes....and there are a lot more patches for Omnisphere compared to Falcon f.e.
Falcon is much more powerful but there doesn't seem to be so much interest and Omnisphere has better performance tools.
Like i said, it's also easy to create interesting patches with all the default sound sources.
There is no synth or tool out there with such a package.....maybe a DAW like Logic...
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29428 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:14 pm Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

evilantal wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised there are any free libraries for Omnisphere at all.

Well, we haven't discussed the quality of course ;)

From the ones that are available for free, I think only the ones by The Unfinished and VoxWorks get used. I just save 'em when I run into 'em...

Thankyou, glad you find at least some of them useful. Of course Matt's patch design is outstanding but I would say the SoundsDivine free banks are also excellent.
legendCNCD
KVRian

703 posts since 23 Sep, 2004, from there

Postby legendCNCD; Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:59 pm Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=er8kvcCRp1k
Very nice presets again from Luftrum. Also been using a lot more of VA osc's on Omni2, they're the knees beez or something like that. Very fat or thin, how ever you like 'em.
sylvainmoreau
KVRist

48 posts since 23 Feb, 2008, from france

Postby sylvainmoreau; Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

*mod edit* do not discuss using illegal software please.
K-Bee
KVRAF

2093 posts since 9 Mar, 2009, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby K-Bee; Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

sylvainmoreau wrote:question.

my computer crashed and i reinstall all.
i miss 1 DVD.. 1
I have to buy new downloads ? or did spectrasonics gave up on that nazi attitude to charge their cutomers who trusted and supported them more and more ? :dog:
tell me if you have such link else i'll give up on buying their product and will torrent omnisphere that i bought... and why not other stuff from them by the way as they are encouraging it so well.

Nope! You'll have to buy the download from Spectrasonics. I seriously doubt that anyone would give you such a link for free, as that would violate pretty much everything. In terms of both quality and support Spectrasonics are among the best in the business. Try mailing them and explain the issue. I had severe problems downloading and installing Omni 2 back upon release and they were very friendly and helpful.

And torrenting.... :roll:
SLiC
KVRAF

2483 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

sylvainmoreau wrote:mod edit

I am pretty sure Spectrasonics (one of the most respected names in the business) are not encouraging you to become a thief and steal their products. Its your fault if you lost a disk and did not back up the sound library, if I loose something I don't blame the supplier, they gave you a hard copy, they don't have to provide a download of it at all (this was something they added, it was not always available) By the way, I don't think the Nazi's had a policy of charging for downloads.
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
Caine123
KVRAF

5152 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:39 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Lol what bs? Ask them. I got a usb stick with omni 2 sent from them. They have so far great support. I would be surprised if they wouldnt give a download if u can legimitely show u are an owner.....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
Caine123
KVRAF

5152 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:44 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Lol what bs? Ask them. I got a usb stick with omni 2 sent from them. They have so far great support. I would be surprised if they wouldnt give a download if u can legimitely show u are an owner.....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
EnochLight
KVRian

847 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

1. Congrats on Godwin's Law. :roll: :dog:
2. Congrats on sounding like a self-entitled fancy pants.

Seriously? You're going to justify theft just because of your irresponsibility? Amazing. A download is $10 USD. Big freak'n deal.
Last edited by EnochLight on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.1 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

4156 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:01 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

sylvainmoreau wrote: mod edit

How do your clients feel about torrenting? I bet they love it. Maybe you should write and tell them too.

Also let them know how you don't take backups of stuff you use in your jobs.
Woodgardens
KVRist

152 posts since 18 Oct, 2017

Postby Woodgardens; Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:22 am Re: Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

Ghe I guess we are speaking about this guy:

http://www.sylvainmoreau.com/sylvainmoreau/

Anyway, it seems Mr. Moreau is in some kind of panic mode. And they got a little irritated perhaps. Which is understandable; we are talking about an artist. Obviously -we are at KVR- this leads to rather amusing results of amateuristic pedantry. This guy probably has hundreds of DVDs.

As if angels fall all over from the sky now :D

I am sure Mr. Omnisphere (who doesn't know him?) will help Mr. Moreau out if they ask friendly.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

FEATURED
48% Off
SpeakerSpeaker Modelling
by AudioThing
  $19.00
Add A Review My KVR
Was $19.00; Save $9.25 until 30 Jun 2018!
Philosophy of design: An interview with Roland Lamb from ROLI
Advertisements