Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

How is EDM Spotlight? It's the primary reason I'm considering upgrading. Well, the primary reason is actually because I've thrown out my hard copy. I hadn't used it in a million years and it felt outdated or something. I guess I should have held on to it.

spendthrift2 wrote:Well, the primary reason is actually because I've thrown out my hard copy.
I guess that explains your username :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:Well, the primary reason is actually because I've thrown out my hard copy.
I guess that explains your username :scared:
lol

spendthrift2 wrote:How is EDM Spotlight? It's the primary reason I'm considering upgrading. Well, the primary reason is actually because I've thrown out my hard copy. I hadn't used it in a million years and it felt outdated or something. I guess I should have held on to it.
I tend to avoid those patches, but then again I'm not into dubstep, wub-wubs or edgy fart noises. I am however looking forward to the new analog preset collection for 2.5. :hyper:

lotus2035 wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:How is EDM Spotlight? It's the primary reason I'm considering upgrading. Well, the primary reason is actually because I've thrown out my hard copy. I hadn't used it in a million years and it felt outdated or something. I guess I should have held on to it.
I tend to avoid those patches, but then again I'm not into dubstep, wub-wubs or edgy fart noises. I am however looking forward to the new analog preset collection for 2.5. :hyper:
I used to feel similarly about dubstep. Some of it is a big turn off for me, but I heard Seven Lions do something classy with it recently in a youtube video. I think this is it, but I'm not 100%. Anyway, I like Seven Lions, but he's more into trance I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPCQyh ... tion=share

Some things about it have become cliche, but I should probably apply myself to trying to learn about it so that I'm at least up to speed on the current trends (is dubstep passe?).

spendthrift2 wrote:How is EDM Spotlight? It's the primary reason I'm considering upgrading.
I personally don't think it is that great. There are a few in there I do really like, though. I guess with the name "EDM Spotlight" I was really expecting more from it. Some people may really like what it provides. This is just my feeling.

I actually think the stuff from PlugIn Guru is way better. They are modern. Well produced. Inspiring. Fun. Maybe check out the videos for the Airwave libraries or OMG Drums Volume 2.

spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:
I used to feel similarly about dubstep. Some of it is a big turn off for me, but I heard Seven Lions do something classy with it recently in a youtube video. I think this is it, but I'm not 100%. Anyway, I like Seven Lions, but he's more into trance I think.

Some things about it have become cliche, but I should probably apply myself to trying to learn about it so that I'm at least up to speed on the current trends (is dubstep passe?).
Nice track. I wouldn't call it dubstep though. It's like a melodic mix of future house and liquid d n b. Kinda.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:

Nice track. I wouldn't call it dubstep though. It's like a melodic mix of future house and liquid d n b. Kinda.
I agree. It's not really dubstep. But it has some of the same styles I think.

I had Omnisphere 1. Much of it was over my head. I didn't really know how to use Ableton though and now I'll be taking a class in Ableton within a years time. I'm thinking I'm going to grab my upgrade for Omnisphere 2. I'm impressed by its power, but I'm unsure how to use it to the fullest capacity of the software. It strikes me as being pretty vast. I remember stuff about envelopes and modulation (laughing thinking about it) all went over my head.

spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:

This isn't dubstep, though.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:

I don't know what it is. Honest.

spendthrift2 wrote:
BMoore wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:

It's laziness for people who really don't care about music.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:
BMoore wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:

It's laziness for people who really don't care about music.
Do you think all EDM is lazy? I think it's hard. :neutral:

BMoore wrote:
spendthrift2 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:

I got curious and asked someone about this style of music and what genre might be used to refer to it. They said "future bass". I guess that's as good an answer as any. So, I would say Seven Lions is future bass, not dubstep. I stand corrected! :)

Return to “Instruments”