Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Voice303 wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:I'm wondering whether Omnisphere 2 becomes resellable if you purchase the upgrade from their TechShop and you own Omnisphere 1 (Transferred License).

It would make sense to me, having in mind that the Upgrade is a not a transferred purchase.

P.S. For those who don't know, Omnisphere 1is NFR if you have a transferred license.
If you upgraded to Omni from Atmosphere it became NFR.
sad.

having a NFR license after buying a $249 upgrade. priceless.

cocoazenith wrote:I'm wondering whether Omnisphere 2 becomes resellable if you purchase the upgrade from their TechShop and you own Omnisphere 1 (Transferred License).

P.S. For those who don't know, Omnisphere 1is NFR if you have a transferred license.
Good question, I've wondered the same, just so I know. But to be honest, I'm fine if it's not because I don't ever think I will sell Omnisphere. But I am curious to find out.

Caine123 wrote:will omnisphere 2 be backwards compatible? keeping all sounds a project was saved as? big question !
Its a good question. On Twitter Eric said yes. But it might be tricky on stuff like granular with new algorithms to sound 100% the same on legacy patches.

Which begs the question - will Omni 2 be a separate plugin entirely? Making it so would solve the legacy problem, but you'd miss being able to take advantage of the new features on old projects. I'd have thought that's the neatest way actually, but not sure if that's how it's going to work.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

They could have old granular modes stay in there, named differently, for legacy (just like they retained the UVI filters for Atmosphere compatibility). That's how things are done. :)

noiseboyuk wrote:
Caine123 wrote:will omnisphere 2 be backwards compatible? keeping all sounds a project was saved as? big question !
Its a good question. On Twitter Eric said yes. But it might be tricky on stuff like granular with new algorithms to sound 100% the same on legacy patches.

Which begs the question - will Omni 2 be a separate plugin entirely? Making it so would solve the legacy problem, but you'd miss being able to take advantage of the new features on old projects. I'd have thought that's the neatest way actually, but not sure if that's how it's going to work.
I read somewhere that Atmosphere wasn't 1:1 either but they managed to tweak the sounds pretty close.

Also did they say anywhere that OmniTR iPad app will support Omnisphere 2 from the get go?
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

that's why i always keep both plugins installed if a new version comes out ;)!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No mention if the orb is automate-able through the daw?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Caine123 wrote:will omnisphere 2 be backwards compatible? keeping all sounds a project was saved as?
Yes. There's a legacy mode in the granularizer for backwards compatibility.
OmniTR iPad app will support Omnisphere 2 from the get go?
Yes.
the orb is automate-able through the daw?
Yes.

So no doubt it will be $499 for a straight purchase then. I know this will be met with hostility but that's frankly overpriced by today's standards. Even $299 would be high but at least it would be more in line with the current market.

I hope a nice upgrade price for those who own all instruments like when Omni first came out.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

If it wasnt selling at $499 long ago the price would have been dropped. Clearly myself and many others dont think it was overpriced.
What other synth does all of this with all of this?
Rsp
sound sculptist

mutantdog wrote:So no doubt it will be $499 for a straight purchase then. I know this will be met with hostility but that's frankly overpriced by today's standards. Even $299 would be high but at least it would be more in line with the current market.
sorry i was VERY sceptical 4 years ago when i purchased it, sure you can get KOMPLETE Ultimate with some more bucks!

BUT

it depends what you wanna do! for me Omnisphere is NOT overpriced! (the upgrade price is in my opinion! 150-200 max!), you get such a MASSIVE library and they are TOP NOTCH + you can edit those so much that nobody will hear it's a preset of omnisphere, and the chance to use the same preset like others is also low, + the new audio import (im so pumped!) will make it so much more endless! :D

my only gripe is so far that it still sucks for deeper granular synthesis...... why? why??????????????????????
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

oh well, my bash against Samplelogic again, buy 1 library of them and you think you are ANYWHERE near of omnisphere? talk about overpriced lol, you have to invest 2000 bucks or something to get near with samplelogic products which would only cover the cinematic/organic stuff, and the rest?

*shakes head*

holy shit, this thing looks and sounds amazing.

I might just become a Spectrasonics user in the future.
:borg:

mutantdog wrote:So no doubt it will be $499 for a straight purchase then. I know this will be met with hostility but that's frankly overpriced by today's standards. Even $299 would be high but at least it would be more in line with the current market.
You really think so? Considering all the sample content included it seems like a bargain based on that alone to me...

Maybe if you are getting it for EDM its not worth $500.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Return to “Instruments”