Cybermath - Editable Wavetable Synthesizer (Beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, i just uploaded a new version 0123 that contain the following changes:

. implemented a switch between trigger and envelope modes in the modulators, this will do the requested behave of not looping
like the classic ADSR envelopes.

. there is an option to increase or decrease the grid lines, this might help in certain modulations, especialy for triplets or more short times of tempo like 1/4,

. the arpeggiator is now completly by-passed when its switched off to prevent stuck problems

. it was added a 'panic' sort of button, if anything goes wrong, you just click in the 'cybermath' logo, and the audio will clear instantly

. about window added, where you can acess the plugin webpage very quickly to check for more updates.

Awesome instrument, thanks so much Ricardo for working on it! Mad potential.

Here's a quick demo video for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wCoZy43CL4
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Very interested in this one, very good stuff for anyone who can't afford a synth with many mod capabilites; I have some suggestions.

(1) Light/dark balance: I have a very bright and shiny IPS monitor, but it's still very hard to read the buttons. Work slows down a lot, especially on your first run around it. Make turned off buttons brighter, please.
(2) Someone've pointed that out on BPB: we really need one-shot envelopes, not only cycled ones; otherwise, it limits patch creation process a lot. Oops, I have 0117 version, I'll get a new one. Please set up your synth's page here at KVR database so we can track your version changes by subscription! That'd be awesome.
(3) I've made a preset very quickly; playing about 4 or 5 subseuent notes on it makes plugin behave in such a way: sonic wave builds up to positive values and essentially dissapear, when it "comes back" while waves stop overlapping. I'm including a link to fxp file: https://yadi.sk/d/ziu3bJf0eWEb6 (0117 version there).

A lot of features for 3 Mb synth in beta stage indeed. Thank you!

EDIT: One more bug that bugs me, 0123 ver already.
Reproducible in FL Studio. I make a simple sine preset with voice settings like:
Voices: 2
Glide: 8
Width: 100
Detune: 4

It sounds fine and glides polyphonically, but when I save the preset with fruity built-in dialogue (Save preset as...) my patch starts sounding monophonically. When I set glide to 0, it becomes poly again, and then it works as it did before, I can set glide back and it functions okay. Note that I'm not reopening the patch, synth just starts acting strange without any parameter changes going on.

EDIT-2: Was able to reproduce this bug in REAPER without any external windows coming up. Ver 0123. Tweaking some sections while playing MIDI keyboard, then sound became mono at some point all by itself. Sections I've tweaked: Sine 1 Volume, Poly settings (similar to what I've posted above), Rev, Echo, A FM knob. Didn't even touch any other knobs or buttons. Once again, dropping Glide to zero and putting it back again fixes the problem (at zero setting it already starts to play poly again). 44.100 kHz, 128 samples buffer, somewhat powerful CPU. Reproducible, you just have to leave your reaper running and play a patch after a while, 1 minute to write a couple of words on KVR was enough.

Not related to multicore/multithreaded processing: for now I was able to reproduce the bug in FL with multithreaded processing turned off and in REAPER with processing set to 1 core and anticipative FX turned off.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Great synth, probably my next goto synth!

Found a bug also under Ableton live 9.1,
cannot automate parameters.

Work around is to set on the Ableton configure params, after that parameters get automatable.
Ableton Live 9 | Synthmaster | EDM

Yes, i am aware of that behaviour with the unison, it happens because the plugin is not loading exacly as it should...
krepssound wrote:Great synth, probably my next goto synth!

Found a bug also under Ableton live 9.1,
cannot automate parameters.
Are you using the plugin bridged? is it a x64 or a x86 ableton?

So far i have tested in Ableton 7 (32 bit) and i have no issues at all... parameters can be automated.

But... if its the case ir using a bridge tool, i have in the past experienced problems with some plugins, that when bridged ableton doesnt show any parameters...

(if thats the case, i cant do much, because its a problem from the bridge structure...)

Other question:
is there anyone here who cant read the buttons?

Cosmo Circle wrote: Other question:
For me, at least, they are very difficult to read.

Except "patch." of course.

바보

Cosmo Circle wrote:
Other question:
A lighter gui with more contrast colors will be good,maybe as an option.
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Cosmo Circle wrote: Are you using the plugin bridged? is it a x64 or a x86 ableton?
I'm on 32bit Ableton.

I agree it's a little hard to read, maybe you can use a lighter text for the buttons. I Increased the contrast and brightness on the buttons of the image you shared, and I think it's a bit more readable that way:

I would like to add that the "trig" function on the modulation envelopes is not working properly, it triggers the envelope just once for the first note you play, instead of triggering one time for each note.

krepssound wrote:
Cosmo Circle wrote: Are you using the plugin bridged? is it a x64 or a x86 ableton?
I'm on 32bit Ableton.
Thats really strange, I just downloaded the 32 bit Ableton Live trial, to test the plugin and the automations
work as you can see in this screenshot...

gabriieel21 wrote:I agree it's a little hard to read, maybe you can use a lighter text for the buttons. I Increased the contrast and brightness on the buttons of the image you shared, and I think it's a bit more readable that way:

I would like to add that the "trig" function on the modulation envelopes is not working properly, it triggers the envelope just once for the first note you play, instead of triggering one time for each note.
Yes, thats correct, thats why i am finishing a 0125 version with that situation solved...

ill increase the brightness on the buttons text a bit also.

'posted 16 mins ago' - fresh! thanks.

Cosmo Circle wrote: Thats really strange, I just downloaded the 32 bit Ableton Live trial, to test the plugin and the automations
work as you can see in this screenshot...
Yes it's a workaround to use the configure button.

Most other vsts automation work by default, no need to hit configure beforehand.

You just hit record and move the sliders and it records automation.

will there be a 64bit release

Uploaded a 0128 beta version with the following changes:

- improved ticks per second on the modulator internal clock
- implemented the possibility to modelate the matrix link amount
xenophobic wrote:will there be a 64bit release
Unlikely, but at the same time i am developing this (my first synthesizer) i would like in the future to recreate other versions of it more efficiently and being a cross-platform, but thats not near future (in years).

Return to “Instruments”