If Monark is King and Diva is Queen then ....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

david.beholder wrote:
cowby wrote: Got Monark, thick and punchy bass are easy job for him. However, Monark and and Diva are a bit CPU Hog
Buying fast Core i7 is not an option? :?:
This is surely my next upgrade. I am still using a notebook computer i7 3 years ago model. Time to upgrade :hihi:

Sylenth1 is the Dark knight that saves the day - Great sound, super light on CPU and more sounds than any King and Queen deserve.

...then we live in a VST monarchy?
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

If Monark is King and Diva is Queen then .... Blue II is 'we the people'.

Because the people are ugly? :P

We still need a bastard offspring like in every royal family 8)
(I read something funny about the old British royal family recently, gene analysis revealed that from Richard III on there were several bastards on the throne. Those slutty queens... :hihi: )
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:We still need a bastard offspring like in every royal family 8)
OLGA!

experimental.crow wrote:the walrus is paulstretch ...
ROFL! Indeed.

Dune 2

It is capable of analogue sound but it requires programming.

EvilDragon wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:We still need a bastard offspring like in every royal family 8)
OLGA!
Yes!!!!!
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Chopper wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
OLGA!
Yes!!!!!
I had sold Olga a while ago but still own and use FXs from Stillwell Audio and Schwa (BTW with a recent update they also added AAX plugins for Pro Tools). This also includes the Oligarc FX bundle with similar FXs like in Olga. The Oligarc Drive sounds really great IMO and you could use this with any synth, including a real anlog one (while my Pulse 2 already has a nice built-in analog drive FX with 2 modes). I especially like using the Oligarc drive with Sync Lead sounds.

In the past i used Stillwell VibeEQ to boost the low end of Tone2 Saurus. While this still works nicely recenly i used the PSP NobleQ EQ for such purposes. Also Arturia Matrix-12V (which while being a great synth lacks a bit in the low end) sounds great when adding this and the free Klanghelm IVGI Saturation FX.

FWIW i also own and use some of the "kings" and "queens" mentioned here like Diva and Monark.
Xils Lab synths are great too.

Best analog freeware synth is OBXD IMO. In terms of sound quaity IMO it could be close to some expensive commercial synths.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I have always hated Olga's user interface, and I guess I am not the only one, not sure it was a clever thing for them to do in economic terms...

They didn't do OLGA to become millionaires. They did it because it has character. Tons and tons of it. The GUI is part of the same spirit.

Thankfully I know some cyrillic so I don't even need the English labels :P
Ingonator wrote:Best analog freeware synth is OBXD IMO. In terms of sound quaity IMO it could be close to some expensive commercial synths.
IMHO it's Tyrell N6, not OBXD.

I got my Komplete 10 upgrade a few days ago and have been installing it in the evenings (endless DVDs!!!), so I should be able to start working with it soon!
Sweet child in time...

EvilDragon wrote:They didn't do OLGA to become millionaires. They did it because it has character. Tons and tons of it. The GUI is part of the same spirit.

Thankfully I know some cyrillic so I don't even need the English labels :P
Like everyone else, I wanted to be able to turn a knob & get an expected result. With the cyrillic labels, that wasn't always the case, but I believe the spirit of synthesis was well served by doing it that way.

Experimentation... figuring things out. It was a lot of fun.

& when I figured out the English labels were there the whole time, I wanted to kick myself.

Return to “Instruments”