AIR Instruments Hybrid 3 - WOW! Why isn't vsti talked about more?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3

One of the things I love about Hybrid 3 is how much fun it is to program patches on and I've done a bunch of my own.

But in the last few days I've been messing about with the "Parts Presets" tab for the first time that allows you to load partial presets in Part A and B. This allows you to mix and match say Arps and Seqs or Pads and Ambiences etc. Then you can edit the parts, effects etc. Lots of fun as well. :)

Here's a few of the results I've gotten:

Hybrid Layers Tek 1
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You are into more aggressive music, right? :D

Anyway, one thing I like is the 4 typs of noise, especially the blue noise as it is clean and soft.

fluffy_little_something wrote:You are into more aggressive music, right? :D
Not really it's just the way those combis turned out. But there are a few I plan on using. :P

The Parts Preset feature is a great deal of fun. The combinations are nearly limitless with a little tweaking of each part. I still like making my own patches from INIT but this feature allows you to take the work of sound designers and get some very interesting results. Hybrid 3 does have a very aggressive sound which makes it a perfect compliment to the other synths in my arsenal. I've added it to my default template in FL Studio along with Dune 2, Sylenth 1, and Hive. They really provide a nice palette of different and complimentary character.

To me for $15 Hybrid is a complete No-Brainer. It's only downside being the need for the Pace E-licenser but to me it's been worth installing for all the great Air Music plugins I own. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I rarely use both layers as H3 uses quite some CPU for the sound quality it delivers. There is more aliasing than on Sylenth1 for instance, yet it consumes more CPU power. No idea what it does with all those CPU cycles...

It can sound aggressive, yes, but it can also sound soft. I still like its sound character on the middle 3 octaves or so. But all in all it is a mixed bag, too many quirks for my taste. Since I bought Sylenth1 again, I hardly load H3 anymore. For the kinds of sounds I want, H3 isn't really better at hardly anything. The only exception is the resonance, which sounds nice to my ears, while on S1 it is thinner somehow, not to mention the volume drop. Then again, I have little use for resonance-heavy sounds.

The sequencers seem powerful, but I don't have any use for such gimmicks.

Teksonik wrote: Pace E-licenser
Wait, did they merge?

incubus wrote:
Wait, did they merge?
Did who merge ?

"AIR Music Technology utilizes Pace/Eden security created by iLok. Any software that uses Pace/Eden security can be de-activated if necessary, using the included iLok License Manager which is installed with any AIR software title.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I rarely use both layers as H3 uses quite some CPU for the sound quality it delivers.
What ? That's bollocks. I can use both layers with full effects and not break 2% on my computer. Given the sounds Hydrid can make it's one of the most CPU efficient synths I own.

What you meant to say was it uses quite some CPU on your old computer. Let's clarify that so someone who has a modern computer is not turned away from Hybrid thinking it's too CPU intensive which it is most definitely not. :wink:

Teksonik wrote:
incubus wrote:
Wait, did they merge?
Did who merge ?

"AIR Music Technology utilizes Pace/Eden security created by iLok. Any software that uses Pace/Eden security can be de-activated if necessary, using the included iLok License Manager which is installed with any AIR software title.
I'm striking out a lot lately :oops:

You had a point though. It's PACE iLok. Steinberg's stuff is called eLicenser.

I know, but I wasn't being serious anyways........

Can't win :shrug:

chk071 wrote:You had a point though. It's PACE iLok. Steinberg's stuff is called eLicenser.
I use E-Licenser as a generic term to describe copy protection software that does not require a hardware Dongle. :wink:

Inventing your own language eh?

(I'm digging a hole I can't get out of, at least it's cooler than the surface)

incubus wrote:Inventing your own language eh?

(I'm digging a hole I can't get out of, at least it's cooler than the surface)
I also use "Kleenex" to describe all brands of tissues......"Band-Aid" to describe all brands of bandage strips and so on. I am a rebel. :wheee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... trademarks

We can get a hoover out of Vacuum, we'd be using AIR

hehe

nix808 wrote:We can get a hoover out of Vacuum, we'd be using AIR

hehe
This is true. :hihi:

So to recap....Despite what people who never have anything nice to say about anything and have hence lost any credibility, Hybrid 3 is a nice synth that is not at all CPU intensive unless you are still using a Pentium 3 and is certainly worth the $15 sales price if you don't mind the iLok License Manager that doesn't require a hardware Dongle. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”