I want a VSTi to play piano for me. Any thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Dissonance wrote:
layzer wrote:i want a vst that will go to work and pay my bills for me. any thoughts?
I bet you use reverb vsts instead of seeking out spaces to record all of your instruments in. Speaking of which, how dare you use Synthesizers that someone else created to make your sounds for you!!!! :dog:

btw, someone already covered that line of humour above, please try again :tu:
yes, i use synthesizer vst's that someone created to make my music.
but theres a slight difference between using a paintbrush and having someone paint the picture for you :ud:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

so im sure none of those synths have sequencers?

so let me get this straight - you just have them mix the colors for you. interesting. Do you perform all of your parts live?

you can keep up with this line of reasoning but it won't get you anywhere. :D it's illogical straight out the gate

I'm not going to continue to justify what needs no justification. I don't play piano but I love playing CHORDS on piano. Would be nice to have some realistic sounding parts come out of a piano.

@OP Do you have any friends who can play piano?

thecontrolcentre wrote:@OP Do you have any friends who can play piano?
I do - I play with them quite a bit in a couple of different acts (jazz and then one rock/blues type of thing). For my home studio productions, however, this would make things far easier and streamlined.

it's the same thing I do with Jamstix. I can get a style-sound going, and then eventually have a real drummer come up with something over it. VERY helpful in streamlining things for my workflow.
Last edited by The Dissonance on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops mistaken post

Return to “Instruments”