Vocaloid 4 looks to be available soon on the official english website

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I ordered Vocaloid from Japan for more than two weeks ago and was just about going to pick it up now at the local storage center. Had to pay toll, VAT and transaction costs to get it. Took more than a week for my lazy national postal center to distribute it.

And then I just had to check the official website just to be sure that Vocaloid 4 still wasnt't available at the official english website, but NO. They have posted it there now (but only pictures right now):
http://www.vocaloid.com/en/ :dog:

I hope there won't be any download version :cry: (sorry for that selfish statement).

Edit, I think I found it ?
http://en.vocaloidstore.com/index.php?g ... t&gcat=680
:party:

Edit, confirmed, worked for me in the USA

raintalk wrote:Edit, I think I found it ?
http://en.vocaloidstore.com/index.php?g ... t&gcat=680
:party:

Edit, confirmed, worked for me in the USA
Ohh no :o
The only thing that is preventing me from killing myself is that they don't have the Cubase Vocaloid 4 version available. I got that from Japan.

I ended up paying $250 for Vocaloid 4 Cubase Editor and Cyber Diva. On top of that I had to pay almost $100 in tax, toll and transactions. But now I have the real DVDs physically. Not just a download. I'm so happy. It was really worth it. :hihi:

It's strange because the Vocaloid editor 4 page says 'please note only available outside the US', yet the currency is US dollars to purchase.

Yeah, it looks like there is no Cubase V4 available.

Hans you did ok then.
I didn't even look for cubase, just the upgrade. I didn't buy an 4 lib yet.
DVDs are always nice to have
Sometimes its not about the money but just getting what you want.
I'm looking forward to see what you come up with!

Hi Gang

Maybe if we start requesting the Vocaloid Editor for Cubase they may stock it.

I have sent them an email, I'll let you know their reply.

stikygum wrote:It's strange because the Vocaloid editor 4 page says 'please note only available outside the US', yet the currency is US dollars to purchase.

Yeah, it looks like there is no Cubase V4 available.
Hmm? You can only buy the download version? Then how should it matter where you are located (unless there are special restrictions like at Waves distributors).

raintalk wrote:Hans you did ok then.
I didn't even look for cubase, just the upgrade. I didn't buy an 4 lib yet.
DVDs are always nice to have
Sometimes its not about the money but just getting what you want.
I'm looking forward to see what you come up with!
Thanks for your comfort! :). I might not commit suicide even though Cubase editor will be available also.

LoopyFruit wrote:Hi Gang

Yes that's a bit strange they don't have it. But steinberg's japanese website is also different from the regular net-site.

The good thing about the Cubase editor is that you get Cubase AI version included. Then you can upgrade to Cubase Elements for just about 40 Euros.

Just for your information I can tell you that Vocaloid 4 Editor for Cubase has an english pdf-manual and everything in the software is english too. Menus, field, text etc. So that's a big relief (for me at least). So even though it's imported from Japan there's nothing to worry about ;-).

LoopyFruit wrote:Hi Gang

This is the reply.

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently, VOCALOID™4 Editor for CUBASE sell overseas at VOCALOIDSTORE is undecided.
Therefore, it is undecided also to selling method.

Thank you."

Well, I went to the web site and I really don't think they want US citizens to buy this thing. The V4 page is in Japanese. I can't read a thing. I have no idea what 9,800 yen translates to in US dollars and quite honestly, don't care.

When they're ready to sell to me, I'll go and buy it...maybe.

wagtunes wrote:Well, I went to the web site and I really don't think they want US citizens to buy this thing. The V4 page is in Japanese. I can't read a thing. I have no idea what 9,800 yen translates to in US dollars and quite honestly, don't care.

When they're ready to sell to me, I'll go and buy it...maybe.
First of all you can buy Vocaloid 4 Editor from the english site. If you want to buy the Cubase Editor for Vocaloid 4 you can buy it from this guy on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-VOCALOID ... 19f8efb783

There was no problem with transaction, shipment or payment.

LoopyFruit wrote: This is the reply.

Currently, VOCALOID™4 Editor for CUBASE sell overseas at VOCALOIDSTORE is undecided.

Thank you."
As far as I could understand from what I read from google translation at their site, Cubase Vocaloid 4 Editor as a download version isn't available for Japanese customers either. Only if you have the old version Cubase Neo I think it's called, you can buy an upgrade to Cubase Vocaloid 4 Editor as a download.

If you just can't wait as me you can get it from this guy (as I posted above):

Hans25 wrote:
LoopyFruit wrote: This is the reply.

Thank you."
As far as I could understand from what I read from google translation at their site, Cubase Vocaloid 4 Editor as a download version isn't available for Japanese customers either. Only if you have the old version Cubase Neo I think it's called, you can buy an upgrade to Cubase Vocaloid 4 Editor as a download.

If you just can't wait as me you can get it from this guy (as I posted above):

Thanks Hans, sadly it's just too pricey for me with customs duty added.

Return to “Instruments”