One Synth Challenge #74: DEXED (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Reefius wrote:Am I the only one checking this thread every 30 minutes for the results? :dog:
Bring it on! :band:
:hyper: more like every 10! :harp:

RichardSemper wrote:
Reefius wrote:Am I the only one checking this thread every 30 minutes for the results? :dog:
Bring it on! :band:
:hyper: more like every 10! :harp:
Results will be posted later in evening (EST/new york time). :party: :party:

Ok, so now the betting can start :D

bjporter wrote:Results will be posted later in evening (EST/new york time).
Please tell me you're just joking! I live in Germany, when it's 6 PM in New York my eyes are ready to shut down! :( Awww maayyynngg...

Skelpolu wrote:when it's 6 PM in New York my eyes are ready to shut down!
Saturday night - just go out dancing til 6 a.m.! ;) :party: Or work on OSC#75 :phones:

sawsq wrote:Saturday night - just go out dancing til 6 a.m.! ;) :party: Or work on OSC#75 :phones:
True - Though I am sick today, so can't go out tonight and OSC #75 PG-8X is already done and will be uploaded (updated, rather) soon. :/

This will make me go insane. :lol:

Preliminary Results ready for public inspection!

As usual, pm me if there's anything of concern. I'll post final results in 30-45 minutesish :party: :party:

Final Results: Jasinski is Master of the Universe!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

:band2: :band: :band: :harp: :band2: :band2: :band2: :band2: :band: :band: :band:

1st Jasinski - How It All Falls To Pieces - 209pts

2nd H-man - Within Heart Chasm - 192pts

3rd bh9090 - the kraviNGs 'badl - 190pts

4th keith303 - median - 188pts

5th Richard Semper - 3am On A Moonlit Bay- 186pts

6 mcaitch - gone 185pts
7 z.prime - Waiting for Summer 184pts
8 J.Ruegg - Anomaly 178pts
9 Parduz - Point of no return 178pts
10 ballacr75 - hope 177pts
11 mehum - Near DX Experience 165pts
12 Orboscope - Dexterous 159pts
13 sfiks - without Gounod 158pts
14 mmoncur - Hexed 156pts
15 Yeager - Dexed And Confused 155pts
16 HeartBeatHero - Interstellar 154pts
17 GrokSynth - Seven Small Angels 152pts
18 OnTrackP - Night Out 1983 151pts
19 Spidergod - Space Ghost (REVAMP) 150pts
20 Jay F. - Calling +74 740 774 (... no answer) 149pts
21 Bluerobot - Vexed By Dexed 147pts
22 Skelpolu - DeXecute String 7 147pts
23 esteband - Cosplay 145pts
24 RCL - X Class 145pts
25 MTLE - Themes From Mindwalk Part 4 144pts
26 DoctorBob - Funky Deexy 142pts
27 Meakaale - Dexdrosol 142pts
28 Stone1 - Dexedrine 140pts
29 ClaRago - NeverOddOreveN 139pts
30 Gamma - DXter Mullet's Big Dial In 136pts
31 Psmacmur - Frequency Meter 135pts
32 RuediRena - Schlafende Schönheit 134pts
33 Deft Bonz - Glorious Swan Massacre 133pts
34 Reefius - Acidexed 133pts
35 sawsq - halt so 132pts
36 Tatanka - Sundog In The Backyard 124pts
37 Ricler - Champagne 123pts
38 DFL & Gummyb3ar - Seasons Of The Year 117pts
39 Wagtunes - In Stereo 117pts
40 LhaastDaiz - Blind 113pts
41 Reusenoise - Reusenoise-ColdFusion 110pts
42 Key88 - Dexter 93pts
43 djpeterso23662 - Lost City 80pts
dq Quaoar - Bias 160pts
dq marks - marks -a-whybikky 135pts
dq IrregularDan - Tomorrow Will Solve Everything 100pts

Can I haz prizes? Now?
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize, and pass it on to the next top fiver. You can't have it right now, it'll take some days, but be patient* :hug: NOTE: If you don't want prize, it will be passed to the next person down, thank you :)

*In the extreme case a prize delivery is taking more than a week, definitely send me a PM and it will get sorted out ASAP. Some prizes could take up to 2 months.

Amazing work ppl, I had So much ear worm this month... so much gum chewing to do now (thanks animehaus for the cure) :hihi:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... YTidNEx9k/
Last edited by bjporter on Thu May 21, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats to all the winners. I was pretty sure Jasinski was gonna take this one. His track was really special. Just sets the bar real high.

As for my typical dismal showing, no surprise there. Even I didn't like my entry. LOL.

June (and OSC 76) will be different as I've turned a corner thanks to rolling up my sleeves and doing some serious studying. Expect to see some steady improvement over the course of the rest of this year.

Anyway, great showing guys. See you next month.

YAY!
Congrats to the winners! 5 of my 6 5's won! :)
Also, i'm pretty happy about my result: while i was aiming a bit higher (i like my track a lot -from the composition point of view- and even my son told me that it is one of my best creation) i recon that this OSC quality is higher than the average, and even I would'nt have put myself over any of the winners. But i'm happy 'cause I have got no 2's and no 1's. This means that i have "hit the taste" of more ppl than usual :)

Thanks to all, guys. It's a pleasure being here :)
And as usual thanks to our "host", BJPorter :hug:
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Congrats J & other top 5; lovely tracks. Amazing stuff you all did with an FM synth. :)

Holy wow! :eek:

Well, a sincere thanks to everyone for comments and of course the generous votes this month as well :hug: :party:

..and of course a huge congrats to Jasinski for bringing another stunning showcase of skill and talent to OSC. I think there is loads of talent in OSC but with your tracks it's always like .....well :shock: :love: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Congratulations to bh as well, certainly one of my fav OSCers since I started (great track ...Great track), to Keith303, man, nobody rocks a motif over the top of insanely complex rhythm & FX parts like you do (and the melodies :love:) and to Richard Semper, the new master of production, for your gorgeous moonlit serenade.

Congrats to everyone as well for so many inspiring tracks. I had to search the meaning of "Earworm" but now I think I know where Brian is coming from. Cheers all and we'll see you all soon :wink:

Congrats to all of the winners!

As usual, tastes may vary but I can see the quality of the top 5. Jasinski's mix down certainly left no doubt as to the winner.

I'm pretty happy with my 14th place -- that's about where I would have rated myself.

Next month should be interesting as PG-8X is even weirder...
wagtunes wrote:June (and OSC 76) will be different as I've turned a corner thanks to rolling up my sleeves and doing some serious studying. Expect to see some steady improvement over the course of the rest of this year.
If it's any consolation, your PG-8X track is a serious improvement over your earlier entries IMHO... It's catchy and I've listened a couple of times. With a slight improvement in mixing I'd give it a solid '4' or maybe even a '5'.

My warmest congratulations to the winners!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for sharing with us your great compositions :tu:

Many thanks to bjporter for running this fantastic challenge :!:

Also, I am very excited to see that the OSC community enjoyed my song. I highly appreciated your comments!

See you in OSC#75 :phones:

Congratulations to the winners, all great tracks.

I came 19th out of 43 which is not too bad either.

cheers all

Return to “Instruments”