Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16273 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:56 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

temporubato wrote:You need to login to your Waldorf account


Yep, I did and I see no downloads there either :/ I suppose I need to go through support for those activation codes then.
temporubato
KVRist
 
94 posts since 22 May, 2011

Postby temporubato; Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:15 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

So, then take this as an unofficial announcement. And don't go to support now, wait till there's an official announcement.

In any case, all blame to me.

But there's something nice to come :-)
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.
Soarer
KVRian
 
633 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from Copenhagen

Postby Soarer; Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:32 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Great but please — let us have those fixes and new features! Make Nave GREAT!

What if one owns Largo too, will there be any problems with two different protection systems simultaneously?
elassi
KVRAF
 
1876 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Ingonator wrote:I was involved with testing the new updates but before i could post more details here i need an official OK from Waldorf (i did not see an anouncement at Facebook or a newsetter yet).


Why not simply hold your breath then? :roll:
chk071
KVRAF
 
15713 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Soarer wrote:What if one owns Largo too, will there be any problems with two different protection systems simultaneously?

Why would there be? I have many different plugins with different copy protection, and the only ones i know of which conflicted with another copy protection, that's the Tone2 plugins, have been fixed so that they do work when you have PACE installed. I don't think there should be a problem in general.

That said, i like that Nave, and, maybe other Waldorf plugins too, won't use eLicenser anymore then (if that's the case). More and more growing tired of having to have stick out a dongle out of the machine i'm running my plugins on.
Soarer
KVRian
 
633 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from Copenhagen

Postby Soarer; Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:27 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

I just want to make sure since it's two different protection systems from one developer.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29417 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:32 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Who says it's going to be 2 different systems?
Soarer
KVRian
 
633 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from Copenhagen

Postby Soarer; Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:17 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Does this really matter? I just asked ok?
Ignore my post and let Temporubato answer if there's a problem.
User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
 
2816 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

The browser and GUI is why I got LArgo instead, even if nave seems more interesting.
dedication to flying
sfxsound3
Banned

Postby sfxsound3; Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

EvilDragon wrote:So how many years before those browser fixes and new features? :D


temporubato wrote:You need to login to your Waldorf account


:lol:
Soarer
KVRian
 
633 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from Copenhagen

Postby Soarer; Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:25 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Anyone else having crashes when editing Nave? I'm having crashes every day.
I'm using Ableton Live on a new MacBook Pro.
This is really getting on my nerves.

Temporubato, Waldorf are you there?
User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
 
1057 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:48 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Soarer wrote:No one knows! 16 or more.
Just wanted to try and made 24 notes in a midiclip and they all played.

Well, checked today this moment slightly better than year ago. Nonetheless, it's have just 16 poliphony unfortunately. So, for example chord in Uni 4 voices mode, can play only 4 notes together (4*4=16). Damn, slightly sad restriction. At least if it could be 32..
Thus can say, 4x unison unusable here for pads.
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11944 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:37 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

c_voltage wrote:
Soarer wrote:No one knows! 16 or more.
Just wanted to try and made 24 notes in a midiclip and they all played.

Well, checked today this moment slightly better than year ago. Nonetheless, it's have just 16 poliphony unfortunately. So, for example chord in Uni 4 voices mode, can play only 4 notes together (4*4=16). Damn, slightly sad restriction. At least if it could be 32..
Thus can say, 4x unison unusable here for pads.


In "Poly" mode (not "Chord") I have just tried using 4 voice Unison and was able to play 6 notes without problems and even 8 notes seemed to work. Have not checked how many are possible yet.

The "Chord" mode seems to a bit different but i admit i rarely used this so far. The Chord mode alo seems to automatically activate the "Hold" button so notes keep palying after the keys are released. With the "Poly" and "Mono" mode (the 2 "normal" modes) you could activate that button yourself if needed.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1
User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
 
1057 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 am Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

Ingonator wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Soarer wrote:No one knows! 16 or more.
Just wanted to try and made 24 notes in a midiclip and they all played.

Well, checked today this moment slightly better than year ago. Nonetheless, it's have just 16 poliphony unfortunately. So, for example chord in Uni 4 voices mode, can play only 4 notes together (4*4=16). Damn, slightly sad restriction. At least if it could be 32..
Thus can say, 4x unison unusable here for pads.


In "Poly" mode (not "Chord") I have just tried using 4 voice Unison and was able to play 6 notes without problems and even 8 notes seemed to work. Have not checked how many are possible yet.

The "Chord" mode seems to a bit different but i admit i rarely used this so far. The Chord mode alo seems to automatically activate the "Hold" button so notes keep palying after the keys are released. With the "Poly" and "Mono" mode (the 2 "normal" modes) you could activate that button yourself if needed.


Hmm interesting, Ingo but i meant exactly Poly mode, not "Chord" (since im unsure what its do).

I dont know, my setting for checking it quite simple: i take init preset, set release to maximum, and beginn to press note by note in UI keyboard. And i good hear that each fourth pressed node (in Uni4 mode) are kill the first one.

Here i made video example (see it please), in which this behavior is good hear. What i doing wrong ? http://www.mediafire.com/file/1nl36ch83 ... estion.mp4

ADDED:
Hmm, BUT without "note off" (ie if use simultaneously pressed notes, not note by note during maximum release) its really can play more than 4 note in uni4 mode. To be more precise - 8 notes maximum. Ie in such circumstance here reproduce really 32 voice polyphony.
But why it's not works in my "single notes" example ??
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11944 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 pm Re: Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

c_voltage wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Soarer wrote:No one knows! 16 or more.
Just wanted to try and made 24 notes in a midiclip and they all played.

Well, checked today this moment slightly better than year ago. Nonetheless, it's have just 16 poliphony unfortunately. So, for example chord in Uni 4 voices mode, can play only 4 notes together (4*4=16). Damn, slightly sad restriction. At least if it could be 32..
Thus can say, 4x unison unusable here for pads.


In "Poly" mode (not "Chord") I have just tried using 4 voice Unison and was able to play 6 notes without problems and even 8 notes seemed to work. Have not checked how many are possible yet.

The "Chord" mode seems to a bit different but i admit i rarely used this so far. The Chord mode alo seems to automatically activate the "Hold" button so notes keep palying after the keys are released. With the "Poly" and "Mono" mode (the 2 "normal" modes) you could activate that button yourself if needed.


Hmm interesting, Ingo but i meant exactly Poly mode, not "Chord" (since im unsure what its do).

I dont know, my setting for checking it quite simple: i take init preset, set release to maximum, and beginn to press note by note in UI keyboard. And i good hear that each fourth pressed node (in Uni4 mode) are kill the first one.

Here i made video example (see it please), in which this behavior is good hear. What i doing wrong ? http://www.mediafire.com/file/1nl36ch83 ... estion.mp4

ADDED:
Hmm, BUT without "note off" (ie if use simultaneously pressed notes, not note by note during maximum release) its really can play more than 4 note in uni4 mode. To be more precise - 8 notes maximum. Ie in such circumstance here reproduce really 32 voice polyphony.
But why it's not works in my "single notes" example ??


Hi,

not sure if setting Release to maximum (R value: 1.00) is really a good test for polyphony as at maximum the sound almost seems to play forever or at least for a very long time that is not realistic for a usual track. At a Release value of 0.90 the time is already quite long but at that value the sound will stop after a while. I measured around 19 seconds for an Amp Envelope Release value of 0.90 (Release stage set to exponential mode). At a Release value of 0.95 it already takes around 32 seconds until the volume is at 0.

At maximum Release there indeed might be a problem when playing multiple single notes but when playing 4 notes at once they seem to play properly. Even holding one note in a lower octave and playing others in a higher one seems to work properly.

At medium and short release time i do not really noticel problems with the polyphony, also when playing single notes.

So at "realistic" playing conditions i currently do not really see problems. FWIW using the maximum Release time does not seem to be a common value for all patches i know so far.

Of course at such extreme Release values some note stealing could happen after a certain amount of notes is played.
Using 2 voice Unison or no Unison of course reduces problems with the Release time and possible note stealing too as less voices are used.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments