Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

temporubato wrote:You need to login to your Waldorf account
Yep, I did and I see no downloads there either :/ I suppose I need to go through support for those activation codes then.

So, then take this as an unofficial announcement. And don't go to support now, wait till there's an official announcement.

In any case, all blame to me.

But there's something nice to come :-)
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Great but please — let us have those fixes and new features! Make Nave GREAT!

What if one owns Largo too, will there be any problems with two different protection systems simultaneously?

Ingonator wrote:I was involved with testing the new updates but before i could post more details here i need an official OK from Waldorf (i did not see an anouncement at Facebook or a newsetter yet).
Why not simply hold your breath then? :roll:

Soarer wrote: What if one owns Largo too, will there be any problems with two different protection systems simultaneously?
Why would there be? I have many different plugins with different copy protection, and the only ones i know of which conflicted with another copy protection, that's the Tone2 plugins, have been fixed so that they do work when you have PACE installed. I don't think there should be a problem in general.

That said, i like that Nave, and, maybe other Waldorf plugins too, won't use eLicenser anymore then (if that's the case). More and more growing tired of having to have stick out a dongle out of the machine i'm running my plugins on.

I just want to make sure since it's two different protection systems from one developer.

Who says it's going to be 2 different systems?

Does this really matter? I just asked ok?
Ignore my post and let Temporubato answer if there's a problem.

The browser and GUI is why I got LArgo instead, even if nave seems more interesting.
dedication to flying

EvilDragon wrote:So how many years before those browser fixes and new features? :D
temporubato wrote:You need to login to your Waldorf account
:lol:

Anyone else having crashes when editing Nave? I'm having crashes every day.
I'm using Ableton Live on a new MacBook Pro.
This is really getting on my nerves.

Temporubato, Waldorf are you there?

Soarer wrote:No one knows! 16 or more.
Just wanted to try and made 24 notes in a midiclip and they all played.
Well, checked today this moment slightly better than year ago. Nonetheless, it's have just 16 poliphony unfortunately. So, for example chord in Uni 4 voices mode, can play only 4 notes together (4*4=16). Damn, slightly sad restriction. At least if it could be 32..
Thus can say, 4x unison unusable here for pads.

c_voltage wrote:
Well, checked today this moment slightly better than year ago. Nonetheless, it's have just 16 poliphony unfortunately. So, for example chord in Uni 4 voices mode, can play only 4 notes together (4*4=16). Damn, slightly sad restriction. At least if it could be 32..
In "Poly" mode (not "Chord") I have just tried using 4 voice Unison and was able to play 6 notes without problems and even 8 notes seemed to work. Have not checked how many are possible yet.

The "Chord" mode seems to a bit different but i admit i rarely used this so far. The Chord mode alo seems to automatically activate the "Hold" button so notes keep palying after the keys are released. With the "Poly" and "Mono" mode (the 2 "normal" modes) you could activate that button yourself if needed.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
In "Poly" mode (not "Chord") I have just tried using 4 voice Unison and was able to play 6 notes without problems and even 8 notes seemed to work. Have not checked how many are possible yet.

The "Chord" mode seems to a bit different but i admit i rarely used this so far. The Chord mode alo seems to automatically activate the "Hold" button so notes keep palying after the keys are released. With the "Poly" and "Mono" mode (the 2 "normal" modes) you could activate that button yourself if needed.
Hmm interesting, Ingo but i meant exactly Poly mode, not "Chord" (since im unsure what its do).

I dont know, my setting for checking it quite simple: i take init preset, set release to maximum, and beginn to press note by note in UI keyboard. And i good hear that each fourth pressed node (in Uni4 mode) are kill the first one.

Here i made video example (see it please), in which this behavior is good hear. What i doing wrong ? http://www.mediafire.com/file/1nl36ch83 ... estion.mp4

ADDED:
Hmm, BUT without "note off" (ie if use simultaneously pressed notes, not note by note during maximum release) its really can play more than 4 note in uni4 mode. To be more precise - 8 notes maximum. Ie in such circumstance here reproduce really 32 voice polyphony.
But why it's not works in my "single notes" example ??

c_voltage wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
c_voltage wrote:

Hmm interesting, Ingo but i meant exactly Poly mode, not "Chord" (since im unsure what its do).

I dont know, my setting for checking it quite simple: i take init preset, set release to maximum, and beginn to press note by note in UI keyboard. And i good hear that each fourth pressed node (in Uni4 mode) are kill the first one.

Here i made video example (see it please), in which this behavior is good hear. What i doing wrong ? http://www.mediafire.com/file/1nl36ch83 ... estion.mp4

ADDED:
Hmm, BUT without "note off" (ie if use simultaneously pressed notes, not note by note during maximum release) its really can play more than 4 note in uni4 mode. To be more precise - 8 notes maximum. Ie in such circumstance here reproduce really 32 voice polyphony.
But why it's not works in my "single notes" example ??
Hi,

not sure if setting Release to maximum (R value: 1.00) is really a good test for polyphony as at maximum the sound almost seems to play forever or at least for a very long time that is not realistic for a usual track. At a Release value of 0.90 the time is already quite long but at that value the sound will stop after a while. I measured around 19 seconds for an Amp Envelope Release value of 0.90 (Release stage set to exponential mode). At a Release value of 0.95 it already takes around 32 seconds until the volume is at 0.

At maximum Release there indeed might be a problem when playing multiple single notes but when playing 4 notes at once they seem to play properly. Even holding one note in a lower octave and playing others in a higher one seems to work properly.

At medium and short release time i do not really noticel problems with the polyphony, also when playing single notes.

So at "realistic" playing conditions i currently do not really see problems. FWIW using the maximum Release time does not seem to be a common value for all patches i know so far.

Of course at such extreme Release values some note stealing could happen after a certain amount of notes is played.
Using 2 voice Unison or no Unison of course reduces problems with the Release time and possible note stealing too as less voices are used.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”