Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Largo is fantastic but the way I see it is Largo and PPG are the classic Waldorf wavetable sound, but Nave is the new Wave.

aMUSEd wrote:Largo is fantastic but the way I see it is Largo and PPG are the classic Waldorf wavetable sound, but Nave is the new Wave.
I always thought that Largo should have got Wavetable editing and audio analysis features. Even now, that we got Nave, I still think that it could be revamped with some new added features like these.
And PPG could have a complete sample mapping and editing, kind of a modern Waveterm, with the capability to create wavetables from the samples, morphing, convolution, and a few more bells and whistles :)
Fernando (FMR)

It's unlikely any big Largo update like that is on the horizon. The original lead programmer for Largo left Waldorf a while back.

KingTuck wrote:It's unlikely any big Largo update like that is on the horizon. The original lead programmer for Largo left Waldorf a while back.
Further updates for Largo are possible in the future, maybe also with additional features.

Anyway if i try to compare the current versions of Nave, Largo and PPG Wave 3.V none of them seems to replace the others and all 3 got their own feature set and sound.
This also means that Nave does not substitute Largo and vice versa.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yes the GUI is a Joke:

Can't believe they release with such a bug, when you try to change a preset that window appear and it doesn't respond to clicks.

Now I wasted days of the demo...
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Yes the GUI is a Joke:

Can't believe they release with such a bug, when you try to change a preset that window appear and it doesn't respond to clicks.

Now I wasted days of the demo...
No such problem here with the Beta license (the installer should be the same as yours, at least if you use the Windows installer). You could see my screenshot of the GUI in Live 9.1.7 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit at the previous page of this thread.
Also no problem with the Init sound and switching presets here.

Which OS are you using? I guess you use the VST2 plugin?

Nave also uses OpenGL (minimum should be OpenGL 2.1 AFAIK) so you should have the latest driver for your graphics adapter installed.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am on windows, Live 9.2b5 and Live 9.1.7, I have an Nvdia 460GTX drivers are like two updates behind, like from january. Updating now to see if it works out.
dedication to flying

Nave doesn't show up in Cubase 6.5 for me, maybe it doesn't work in XP. The system requirements say 7 or 8 but sometimes they work in XP sometimes they don't, if they don't they usually won't install though. I upgraded to Waldorf Edition 2 and updated PPG Wave 3.V recently which works fine in XP so I assumed Nave would.

Arcvidean

Arcvidean wrote:Nave doesn't show up in Cubase 6.5 for me, maybe it doesn't work in XP. The system requirements say 7 or 8 but sometimes they work in XP sometimes they don't, if they don't they usually won't install though. I upgraded to Waldorf Edition 2 and updated PPG Wave 3.V recently which works fine in XP so I assumed Nave would.
FWIW it seems to run properly on my (both quite old...) Desktop PC and notebook that both use Windows 7 64-bit. Hosts i used for testing are: Cubase Pro 8.0.10 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.40 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.40 32-bit, Live 9.1.7 64-bit, Live 9.1.7 32-bit, Studio One 2.6.5 64-bit, Reaper 4.77 64-bit, Bitwig Studio 1.1.7 and also Pro Tools 11.3.1 (64-bit AAX plugin).

There were quite a lot of testers for the Nave plugin AFAIK but i am not sure if someone used a combination of Windows XP and Cubase 6.5.

Are you sure that everything including the eLicenser software and the license/activation is installed properly?
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Arcvidean wrote:Nave doesn't show up in Cubase 6.5 for me, maybe it doesn't work in XP. The system requirements say 7 or 8 but sometimes they work in XP sometimes they don't, if they don't they usually won't install though. I upgraded to Waldorf Edition 2 and updated PPG Wave 3.V recently which works fine in XP so I assumed Nave would.
FWIW it seems to run properly on my (both quite old...) Desktop PC and notebook that both use Windows 7 64-bit. Hosts i used for testing are: Cubase Pro 8.0.10 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.40 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.40 32-bit, Live 9.1.7 64-bit, Live 9.1.7 32-bit, Studio One 2.6.5 64-bit, Reaper 4.77 64-bit, Bitwig Studio 1.1.7 and also Pro Tools 11.3.1 (64-bit AAX plugin).

There were quite a lot of testers for the Nave plugin AFAIK but i am not sure if someone used a combination of Windows XP and Cubase 6.5.

Are you sure that everything including the eLicenser software and the license/activation is installed properly?
Thanks for your help. I reinstalled several times both the vst 2.4 version and vst 3. The license was activated on my Windows 7 computer connected to the internet and showed up on the elicenser on XP. I'll certainly try again though.

Arcvidean.

Thanks Ingo, after updating Bou drivers it still show up like that also in reaper.

Wonder if it is something in my system.
dedication to flying

Ingonator wrote:

I think I have tried and it doesn't work on XP. I have to check again, but since the requirements mention Windows 7, there isn't much to complain about :wink:

It probably has something to do with the libraries used for programming.
Fernando (FMR)

rod_zero wrote:Thanks Ingo, after updating Bou drivers it still show up like that also in reaper.

Hi rod_zero

here's Rolf (the dev) writing. I'm happy to help. If you like please email to info at temporubato dot com before cluttering the forum here.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

temporubato wrote:
rod_zero wrote:Thanks Ingo, after updating Bou drivers it still show up like that also in reaper.

Hi rod_zero

here's Rolf (the dev) writing. I'm happy to help. If you like please email to info at temporubato dot com before cluttering the forum here.

Cheers
Rolf
... I mean before we are cluttering the forum by posting debugging stuff force and back. I didn't meant it is clutter to write about problems here. Just wanted to make sure it's not misunderstood.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Hi Rolf, are full licenses for Nave going to be up on the shop soon?

Return to “Instruments”