Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

I talked on Messe with the product manager for Rapture Pro.

- Release it planed for the next 2 weeks
- Price upgrades if you have more than 1 product: No clear answer received if they will change something
- Personally the GUI is not very big and good to read. I told him that maybe a GUI resize will be nice in the future update
- Rapture Pro is completely re-written
- No new Dimension Pro in the future. You can use all the patches done in Rapture 1 and Dimension Pro in Rapture Pro
- You can use single cycle waveforms
- Finally good Mac Support
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:I talked on Messe with the product manager for Rapture Pro.
They've basically abandoned all Rapture users running 10.7 and greater. I hope they have a decent upgrade plan for current Rapture owners with non-working licenses.

The recent debacle with Z3TA and CA 2A registration issues on Yosemite is really inexcusable.

Upgrade Price are online.
No special for non-working licenses or so.
Synth Anatomy

Nightpolymath wrote:
MillerSam wrote:I talked on Messe with the product manager for Rapture Pro.
They've basically abandoned all Rapture users running 10.7 and greater. I hope they have a decent upgrade plan for current Rapture owners with non-working licenses.

The recent debacle with Z3TA and CA 2A registration issues on Yosemite is really inexcusable.
Agreed. They lost- no- burned a lot of good will that I gave them over the many years I've been their customer. I abandoned Windows and Sonar but loaded my Cakewalk synths to my Mac (Dimension Pro & Rapture; z3ta was Windows-only). I was willing to stick with the synths till they abandoned support on the Mac as if there was never a Mac product. They're a Microsoft house. Until they work really hard to change the image THEY created for themselves as being Mac-hostile (Mac-ignoring is fine if you have no Mac product!), they won't get further good will from me over the synths (which I'd otherwise have upgraded). Supposedly there's this thing where consumers vote with their wallets and this so-called "free market", but it's clearly not such a thing. So I'm voting with my wallet (admittedly mostly empty, but that's why it's all the more important) and my forum posts.

Cakewalk wants to do better? PROVE it. Not on my money, either. Good luck to you all who are buying. I don't understand why you would, after Cakewalk's history, but good luck to you. You're their hope to prove an attitude change.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

It's easy, they change the property.
Cakewalk is Gibson, no more Roland and the manager said that their do more for the software domain than before Roland
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote: - No new Dimension Pro in the future.
Of course not because it would have to be called Dimension Pro Pro. ;)

jsp1979 wrote:
MillerSam wrote: - No new Dimension Pro in the future.
Of course not because it would have to be called Dimension Pro Pro. ;)
It could be called Dimension Elite.

Or Dim3nsi0n 1337 +

I wish Native Instruments had some sense of linguistic sanity with having three or five different forms of "complete" packages...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

MillerSam wrote:It's easy, they change the property.
Cakewalk is Gibson, no more Roland and the manager said that their do more for the software domain than before Roland
I'd love to see that reasoning validated, but seeing everyone complain about Gibson hasn't given me hope. Makes me wonder why Cakewalk was ever sold to anyone in the first place. Was it just to survive at all?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Zat Ray Liotta or Tommy Lee Jones?
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Jace-BeOS wrote:
mholloway wrote:Well... I'm psyched.

Mostly because this means I'll ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO USE RAPTURE AND DIMENSION PRO AGAIN... I'm a MAC guy, and I used to use both of those extensively, but as many people here know, Mac support got dropped along the way. Not only are the Mac versions not 64 bit compatible, but the installers won't even run since two or three OS's ago (Snow Leopard I think?) I was able to get them both running on my current system using a very indirect installation method (basically copying all the already installed files from a different computer, thereby bypassing the installer itself) and then J-Bridge for the 64>32, etc.

but man, all that really sucks. at least now I have access to the content of both in a format that SHOULD work flawlessly on my mac...but we'll see, won't we?
When was there ever real Mac support? They dumped the software on Mac users and left it as is.

Why would you reward them for this business behavior by buying this new product??
because Rapture is completely amazing
I have been bugging them for years to update it and now they have in a really big way

I wonder how long it took Cakewalk to get new programmers to fully understand René Ceballos' code... It seems the only reason Cakewalk had Mac ports of their synths was because of him. When he left... is that when the updates stopped?
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mighty tempting for $99 as a registered product owner (ZETA2 is phenomenal)

had Rapture for years and, while it was powerful, i never got past the needlessly convoluted interface (starting with the claustrophobic text/font and going into hidden/tabbed crappola)...then they failed to update the code for the most recent Mac OSx versions...at first when i brought it up to customer service they were responsive and pro-active...then after not finding a resolution to get it up and running, that afore mentioned pro-active communication dropped from view

i don't know why Roland parted ways with Cakewalk ownership...maybe they wanted to focus on not sucking and that may be paying off: ARIA (good), System 500 (better), that KILLER JD-Xa (W-O-W)

it is true what everyone is saying about Cakewalk in the credibility department though...the whole Gibson takeover is worrisome...anyone ever hear of Opcode Studio Vision? the whole guitar company buying a electronic music company is unsettling...it is different if Korg owns Vox and all that...but when a guitar company gets in the picture and takes control...grody, yuck

maybe cuz i dislike guitars, i dunno

See I don't dislike guitars. I'm not obsessed with them and cannot play them. The question is whether a guitar company understands anything but.

Anyone remember where Tracktion was for a few years that almost killed it? How about Gigasampler? And that was a company that at least did recording devices. Shall we talk of how InMusic has ruined all the brands they've taken over?

Roland is addicted to hardware sales, but at least they know recording and synthesizers. They're relatively focused. Their non-synth product isn't even under the same brand name. They used to make excellent midi interfaces as Edirol. I have no idea why Roland was a bad home for Cakewalk or why it ever happened but at least it was a company in a related field. Maybe it was corporate culture clash with a company that essentially exists only in Japan.

Gibson? What do they do outside stringed instruments? Why did they kill Opcode? To compete in a market space they then exited? New leaf being turned over? Ok, great. Prove it! :-) At least they're on the same continent as Cakewalk. Same country even. But who knows...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Oh, hah hah... Tascam is Gibson! All the more relevant. (as of 2013)

My iPhone changed Tascam to "fascism" first time around.

There are entirely too many businesses owned by other businesses. Ultimately there's less and less corporate cultural diversity and freedom of product design and maintenance.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”